the happiest day following your county?

Started by ross4life, July 31, 2009, 12:38:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ardmhachaabu08

Sunday 1st September 2002  Croke Park Armagh v Dublin  -  Ray Cosgroves free kick hitting the post in virtually last kick of game :D:D

Also rivalled with Sunday 22nd September when that final whistle blew with the ball in kieran mcgeeneys hands :D:D What a day!!!
Seo libh canaídh Amhrán na bhFiann

Lazer

September 1991 - when the Down team brought the Sam Maguire to Castlewellan!

The atmosphere that day was better than Croke the day we won the final!
Down for Sam 2017 (Have already written of 2016!)

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: INDIANA on July 31, 2009, 11:53:52 AM
Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on July 31, 2009, 11:48:27 AM
Strangely not the Leinster Final Replay in 04 but the game against Dublin that year, you can't beat beating the Dubs in their own back yard...  :P

Don't remember losing to Westmeath in Parnell Park that year ;D

Jaysus Indy, u could have left that for Tankie or GNevin to take a bite out of it...  :P
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

deiseach

It's corny, but having thought about it nothing tops winning the Munster championship in 2002. When John Mullane put us six points up with about ten minutes to go and it was clear Tipperary were broken, I just lost it. Completely lost it. Still brings a tear to my eye. We've had many great days in recent years - last Sunday was one of them - but the obvious one was definitely the best

Goldengreen

1992 All Ireland football final - What a day :-)

rrhf

In order:
1986 All Ireland semi final V Galway
2003 All Ireland final
2008 All Ireland final
2005 All Ireland final
1997 All Ireland minor semifinal replay V Kerry
1998 All Ireland minor final
2003 All Ireland semi final V kerry
1995 Ulster semifinal V Derry  :-*

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Lar Naparka

Quote from: stephenite on July 31, 2009, 06:13:23 AM
Semi final in 1996 would have to be there
I'd agree and I'd add the 2006 semi to that.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

ross4life

alot have mention 2006 semi Dubs v Mayo, nobody has mention the night after (where i finished the night up in coopers untill 5am) that was a night Mayo & Rossies celebrated together  :o
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Rossfan

Quote from: ross4life on July 31, 2009, 03:27:00 PM
) that was a night Mayo & Rossies celebrated together  :o

No more of that sort of carry on please  >:( ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

nrico2006

The All Ireland wins in 2003, 2005 and 2008 were amazing and each one was different but there was something special about the AIQF last year.  Watching the team stumble through the qualifiers and then to be faced with a Dublin team on the back of a massive Leinster final win.  Nobosy gave Tyrone a chance and there is something special about Tyrone Dublin games in Croke Park.  For pure satisfaction and enjoyment its hard to beat that day. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

ziggysego

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on July 31, 2009, 08:31:58 AM
The '03, '05 and '08 finals were all equally special for me, but the game that stands out was the '05 AISF v Armagh when Canavan hit the winning free in injury time. The atmosphere that day was unbelievable and the game was end to end. Also fitting that Paddy Russell gave the free considering he screwed Tyrone over in 1995.

Yeah it was unreal too. Never know excitement like it. And chatting to Armagh ones after it. So gracious in defeat.

2003 still that little bit extra special for me. Tears of joys and all that.
Testing Accessibility

ross4life

well i started thread as happiest day & some included DAYS so other than 2006 Ennis, 1990 V Galway our first connacht title for 10 years was a good one, 2001 again our first connacht title for 10 years, 2003 v kildare in Portlaoise
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Tomorrow is another day

Very simply the immense feeling of pride and heritage of standing on the Hill in a sea of red and black in September 1991

Main Street

Hearing the story, carefully embellished and handed down by tradition through the generations, of
1930 AI final day.

The pioneering Farney men showed their Ulster rivals the path to an AI final.
All we have to show for that are all the slings and arrows into the back, as befits all true pioneers.