Previous topic - Next topic

Drung

Any word on how it's going now?
Has Alan Rodgers left them??

ziggysego

Huh? Have I missed something?
Testing Accessibility

ONeill

yes Rodgers hasn't been with them for about 3 weeks now. Rumours are he's away to Hollywood.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

5 Sams

Keep an eye out for a feature on Ballyholland (the equine version) tomorrow lads.
The Aristocrat Years

Drung

I don't know if you have missed something or not.

Just wondering, I buy it every week but not too many in Cavan do, there are a lot of mistakes in the Cavan stuff. Sometimes the mistakes are ridiculous like when they said Dermot McCabe was coming back before the Antrim game and an article on Kingscourt stating that they were the home club of Stephen King (wrong).

Noticed that there was no sign of Alan Rodgers anywhere last week, not even in the wee list of journalists inside the fornt page. Seems to be a couple of new fellas. Is Rodgers gone to another paper?
They could do with some new writers to stir it up, less of the anonymous Hallion shite and more decent stuff.

ONeill

Quote from: Drung on July 30, 2009, 04:37:01 PM

They could do with some new writers to stir it up, less of the anonymous Hallion shite and more decent stuff.

Unfortunately he's like a bad smell. Maybe we could start a campaign to get him out.

ziggysego

Quote from: ONeill on July 30, 2009, 04:42:38 PM

Unfortunately he's like a bad smell. Maybe we could start a campaign to get him out.

Na, he's pig ignorant by all accounts. Would love the attention.
Testing Accessibility

ONeill

Quote from: ziggysego on July 30, 2009, 04:44:43 PM
Quote from: ONeill on July 30, 2009, 04:42:38 PM

Na, he's pig ignorant by all accounts. Would love the attention.

Good point.

fred the red

Found the hallion mildly amusing the first few times i read his column, now its just a page closer to brollys weekly rant!

sam03/05

the hallion is complete shite

only buy it because of brolly article

ONeill

Quote from: fred the red on July 30, 2009, 10:54:32 PM
Found the hallion mildly amusing the first few times i read his column, now its just a page closer to brollys weekly rant!

Never found him even mildly amusing. Scott is though.

Fear ón Srath Bán

The Hallion I've read once, and that's the extent of it, and will be.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Drung

Brolly is the best thing they have, I agree. Bogue is good too.
Rory Gallagher is hated by any football person I know, I don't know why they have him. Also, McGourty's stuff used to be terribly written.
The Cavan stuff is brutal, they should do it rigth or just focus entirely on the likes of Tyrone/Derry.
Plus points: The design, Brolly, Burns is quite good, the photo library they use (sportsfile?) is excellent...
Minus: Sloppy fact-checking, bland features sometimes. Too much personality stuff from their journos eg the betting column. Also not much about rounders or camogie or handball, which i would liek to see.
Any word on why Rodgers is gone and who the lads are that replaced him?

Just my opinion. I still buy it as I'm a GAA nut and hope it succeeds but it could be better.

KIDDO 4

Rodgers is still writing articles in the Ulster Herald.

Our Nail Loney

He writes in the Racing Post GAA Supplement as well on a Saturday giving betting advice on the weekends games now.