best gig you've been to

Started by blewuporstuffed, July 30, 2009, 01:18:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ludermor

http://www.folk.ee/festival/en/XVII-Viljandi-Folk-Music-Festival/

Folk music festival in estonia, we were touring around estonia and stumbled upon this, never had as much craic in my life. There was an irish band playing that we never heard so myself and my mate told all teh locals that we were the. All went well till we met them! They were all young lads from dublin and they were great craic, we ended up showing about 300 locals girls irish dancing while they were playing. Surreal! Ended up having dinner with the irish ambassador ( who said he had heard of our antics)

Doogie Browser

My brother was at Slane in 1992 ( I think) for Guns n Roses, some of the oul hands here were there I am sure, he says that was a great gig.

longball

The Coronas are the best band ive seen live.
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

Newbridge Exile

T'Pau in the Glenavon in 91-unforgettale(unfortunately)

tyroneman

Tom waits in dublin, soul asylum <pre runaway train days> in london, joe pernice in dublin and soundgarden in manchester. No particular order 

thebandit

I'd have to say that I really enjoyed ACDC against all odds!

full back

Date: Wednesday 28th November 1990
Venue: Newry Sports Centre
Band: Status Quo

Killer concert
Rossi stole the show ;D

muppet

Quote from: 5 Sams on July 30, 2009, 02:06:58 PM
Springsteen in Slane 1985.....streets ahead of everything else I have seen....

Followed by U2 last Saturday night and both of the last U2 Slane concerts.....

Closely followed by Queen in the RDS in, I think, 1983......they were suspiciously good if you know what I meant...i.e. note perfect in every song ???

I think Queen were that good. All top quality musicians in the Bowie (& band) vein. I had a job at Slane '86 but wasn't allowed go!
MWWSI 2017

The Gs Man

Couple of class gigs:

Rolling Stones ~ Slane
Old Crow Medicine Show ~ Open House Fstival 2007
Prodigy ~ Kings Hall, 1996

But 1st time seeing Oasis was my favourite gig.  Cork, 1996
Keep 'er lit

FL/MAYO

U2 Leisureland Galway January 1982 there was only about 300 at thew concert, I still have the ticket with 3 autographs on the back the only one I didn't get was Larry due to him being to busy chatting to 2 females from the audience.

Cúig huaire

U2 in Lansdowne Rd on the night princess Diana died. Unreal concert. Last weekends concets were almost as good though.
Donagh, the GAA Board`s Sinn Fein PSNI spokesperson.

High Wide and Handsome

Closely followed by Queen in the RDS in, I think, 1983......they were suspiciously good if you know what I meant...i.e. note perfect in every song ???

u2 on sat night was not a great concert! i was there! the man singin in the temple bar was better!
"Swing er over!"

Cúig huaire

This man in Temple Bar must be brilliant. Did he play to 240000 people over the weekend?
Donagh, the GAA Board`s Sinn Fein PSNI spokesperson.

muppet

Quote from: High Wide and Handsome on July 30, 2009, 05:01:36 PM

u2 on sat night was not a great concert! i was there! the man singin in the temple bar was better!

Do you think that those who suggest it was the best gig they were at, weren't there?  ::)
MWWSI 2017

High Wide and Handsome

Quote from: Cúig huaire on July 30, 2009, 05:03:33 PM
This man in Temple Bar must be brilliant. Did he play to 240000 people over the weekend?

no, was bout 60.  ;D

was unreal tho. was actually going to phone the bar to find out more bout him. if he would be up this direction some time in the future!
"Swing er over!"