What is the worst drink you have had

Started by ludermor, July 30, 2009, 12:11:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AbbeySider

Quote from: ludermor on July 30, 2009, 12:11:42 PM
Following on from the Ozuo thread i thought i see what horror stories people have about different drinks.
By far the worst i have tasted is called Stroh, i have had many espidoes down the years with this drink and i always have a least 2 bottles in the house. It is an Austrian rum and usually found in skiing resorts ( where they have it hot). I have never seen such vile reaction from any drink just by smelling it.
A close second would be some of the Grapas, i have a bottle that i got in Italy that cost me 2.30 for a litre, i swear it would power a tractor.

An Austrian friend brought a bottle over to the house one night when I was in college.
We put sugar in a teaspoon with a little stroh and lit it. When the sugar melted we blew it out and put it in the shot glass and knocked it back.

We did shots before and after the night club. Disgusting stuff and I cant remember a thing.

Pictures the next day proved we all got mostly naked and were running around the house, doing pileups and climbing the walls.

Crazy...

Tony Baloney

Quote from: High Wide and Handsome on July 30, 2009, 03:50:02 PM
WORST without doubt is an irish carbomb. I had a few of them in usa last year.

its half a pint of guinness which you drop a shot class int. the shot class is half powers and half baileys. you have to skull it straight away or it curdles. its clean buckin rotten. next day you dont know which hole its gonna run out of!
A hunchback(due to the way you look after drinking it) which is similar - pint of fizzy lager with a double Baileys. You have to skull it before it totally curdles and if you're too slow you have to eat the rest from the glass with a spoon! Boke.

wherefromreferee?

Quote from: Puckoon on July 30, 2009, 03:45:43 PM
Green chartreuse would be up there with the worst of them.

Honourable mention for home made Hungarian moonshine and a bottle of stuff called unicum from Hungary also.

We have a winner!  Horrible horrible stuff.
In your Endo!

A Quinn Martin Production

Drank some sort of concotion distilled from corn in Germany many year ago.  The label said something like "Korn Likor".  Though I was going to boke before it hit my stomach.
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

corn02

Harold Disgracey

Can you still get a 'Cash Special' in the Ashburn? Buckfast, Southern Comfort & white. Rough stuff. Anyone ever drink Clan Dew or mad dog?

Maiden1

My flatmate at the time brought home a bottle of Absinthe from holidays a few years ago.  We knocked a large shot of it back before we went out.  It's 70% proof and was banned over here until very recently.  It near turned me, everything for the rest of the night just tasted of Absinthe.
There are no proofs, only opinions.

ONeill

Would love to have tried ether in its day:

A surgeon visiting Draperstown in 1878 remarked that: "The main street smelled like his surgery, where ether was used as an anesthetic. Old ether topers, he added, could finish off a three-ounce wineglassful at a single swig, without even water for a chaser. Everyone who discussed this particular phenomenon admitted that there appeared to be less chronic damage than with alcohol. But hazards were also noted: chronic gastritis, deaths from overdosage, and fatal burns from smoking while drinking–– for ether is extremely flammable."

http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/hq/drink-the-rise-and-fall-of-ether-1513383.html
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ludermor

Quote from: A Quinn Martin Production on July 30, 2009, 03:59:54 PM
Drank some sort of concotion distilled from corn in Germany many year ago.  The label said something like "Korn Likor".  Though I was going to boke before it hit my stomach.
Sounds like a command to Corn02!

red hander

stew

Uncle Igor's famous falling over water, the most vile tasting shite on the planet. Putridity incarnate.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

The Real Laoislad

McCafferys,Heineken(or Heino if your a knob),Budwiser...................can't drink any of them,pure piss imho
You'll Never Walk Alone.

orangeman

Archie Mitchell

Grasshoppers in Crete wernt that nice. ONL will know what I'm on about.