Wee James Is The New Down Manager

Started by Cúig huaire, July 28, 2009, 11:20:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Can't see Tally getting it. I think Mc Iver as maanger and Tally as trainer would have been more attractive to Down CB.

rosskarr

Well whoever gets it,it'll be better than the circus that is Armagh. :D :D :D

crossfire

Quote from: rosskarr on September 10, 2009, 12:23:37 PM

Perhaps he will make sure that they put the right colour of diesel in the team bus. :) :) :)

norabeag

I would hold my breath about circuses until we see who is appointed.

Stevie Nicks

Talking of a circus is Ross still going to court ;)

full back

Both CB's seem to be as bad/inept as each other

goh4205

You heard it here first,  We James has it with Tally & McIvor as Coaches.

DuffleKing

Mid Down Gael

Where is this information coming from lads? is this gospel?

Lecale2

Yip. Seems the football manger has been sorted and they're now looking for hurling managers.

"The Sub Committee appointed to bring forward nominations to County Committee in relation to Managements for the County Hurling Teams have asked that Clubs make suggestions of people who may be interested in the following posts, Senior , An Dun Theas, Under 21 and Minor."

Mid Down Gael

This mornings Irish News confirms that the management team off McCartan, McIver and Tally are on the brink.

Mid Down Gael

Im saying it confirms what GOH4205, Duffleking and lecale2 have been saying on the thread and what headline is in Irish News. If i knew for sure it was true i would have said its official so no need to be so smart.

naka

Maiden1

From Hoganstand..

Wee James to be ratified tonight?
11 September 2009

Word on the grapevine has it that James McCartan will be named as Down senior football manager later on today (Friday).

A County Board meeting has been scheduled for tonight and the All-Ireland winner is expected to be ratified as new Mourne County boss, with Brian McIver and Paddy Talty as selectors.

Legendary former manager Pete McGrath - who managed Wee James and co. to Sam Maguire glory in 1991 and '94 - is also believed to be in the running.

However, McCartan is now being touted in the media as the man who'll be handed the reins.
There are no proofs, only opinions.

Cúig huaire

Quote from: goh4205 on September 10, 2009, 09:53:18 PM
You heard it here first,  We James has it with Tally & McIvor as Coaches.

I think Wee James is the right man for the job. Hopefully we can now have everyone on the panel that should be on the panel and the rest of the county can get behind the team again.
Donagh, the GAA Board`s Sinn Fein PSNI spokesperson.