Wee James Is The New Down Manager

Started by Cúig huaire, July 28, 2009, 11:20:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bcarrier

Quote from: thewobbler on September 01, 2009, 12:53:43 PM
Asking a serious question, should the players not have a voice in this decision?

Not a vote but a voice.

No matter who comes in, 18+ of last year's squad will be returning. Appointing someone who these players don't want would just be illogical, especially if their case is a solid one.

Only if they dont want Pete.

naka

mc grath is not a shoo in yet :-X

rosskarr

McGrath could be in the frame for Louth and Armagh also although he shouldn't touch Armagh as they're
making a laughing stock of themselves similar to Donegal last year.It says something about Pete that if he were get any
of these jobs it wouldn't be a surprise.

wobbller

It must be Pete orTally.Dawson and Turley maybe as  outside bets and as the Irish News reckoned James Mc Cartan is not interested any longer,its probably a two horse race.
I wish the county Board would put us out of our misery soon.

waitingforsam

Mcrath is my choice by a mile, actually excited by the prospect.
Been waiting since '94

lfdown2

honestly think mcgrath would not be the right appointement, an old school manager with a 'we will outscore the opposition' attitude (which is ideal for the more open u21 football) also with a number of players still there from his last stint when things went stale dont believe he would have the full confidence of the squad

Cúig huaire

Interviews were held on Monday night, anyone hear anything as to how they went?
Donagh, the GAA Board`s Sinn Fein PSNI spokesperson.

gorm agus bui

Quote from: rosskarr on September 09, 2009, 08:42:43 AM
McGrath could be in the frame for Louth and Armagh also although he shouldn't touch Armagh as they're
making a laughing stock of themselves similar to Donegal last year.It says something about Pete that if he were get any
of these jobs it wouldn't be a surprise.
The way this as has been handled I do not think we are in a position to point the finger at any other county in terms of  " laughing stocks". we do not need any help in that regard

western exile

Quote from: wobbller on September 09, 2009, 09:07:21 AM
It must be Pete orTally.Dawson and Turley maybe as  outside bets and as the Irish News reckoned James Mc Cartan is not interested any longer,its probably a two horse race.
I wish the county Board would put us out of our misery soon.
I didn't see the Irish News, so what did it say?   Maybe he would step aside if McGrath was in the running, but I would have thought he would have no bother going up against any of the other candidates.

naka

Quote from: Cúig huaire on September 09, 2009, 12:58:03 PM
Interviews were held on Monday night, anyone hear anything as to how they went?
heard Wee James was ispoken to  on tuesday morning, no details of the outcome

DownFanatic

Pete's job. Deal near done.

Tally, Dawson and McCartan were the other three in the frame with the latter stating his non interest last week.

Dawson's interest increased when he heard that McGrath would not do an interview. However, that was ironed out and now wee Pete looks set for a second stint in charge.

Logan

stew

Quote from: Logan on September 09, 2009, 05:59:59 PM
Is it not his third time?

I thought that too, he stuck around far too long the first time, he resigned  ;) and then came back for a spell that was blessedly unproductive. This is great if it happens, couldnt be happier for our northern cousins. ;D

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Rossfan

Quote from: lfdown2 on September 09, 2009, 12:14:29 PM
, an old school manager with a 'we will outscore the opposition' attitude

Last time I checked that was how the winners of a game are decided.  ;)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

stew

Quote from: Rossfan on September 09, 2009, 08:53:03 PM
Quote from: lfdown2 on September 09, 2009, 12:14:29 PM
, an old school manager with a 'we will outscore the opposition' attitude

Last time I checked that was how the winners of a game are decided.  ;)

Tough to do tho what with nordie teams stifling blankey defense.  ;)
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.