Wee James Is The New Down Manager

Started by CĂșig huaire, July 28, 2009, 11:20:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

interested

Quote from: interested on September 01, 2009, 11:52:53 AM
Quote from: Logan on September 01, 2009, 10:51:54 AM
Some County Boards are keen to splash the cash, Down mustn't be!

Maybe Ross and DJ are the best option for them

Have you not been following the Ross Carr saga? He was stood down after his three year stint
and after asking for another year it was turned down by a 4 to 1 majority
Stupid me.

Logan

Quote from: interested on September 01, 2009, 02:47:18 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on September 01, 2009, 01:32:37 PM
Nobody in particular Logan.

I don't even know if I agree with the idea at all, but it does seem a bit strange that the people most directly affected by an appointment have no grounds for opinion at all. I guess the same thing happens in all sports though.
They must been asked in some shape or form or let their feelings be known that thet really do want McGrath.
I thought they wanted Tally?
What about McCartan?

johnneycool

I don't even know if I agree with the idea at all, but it does seem a bit strange that the people most directly affected by an appointment have no grounds for opinion at all. I guess the same thing happens in all sports though.

If players have an opinion then they should voice it through their clubs once the shortlist is known.
I'm not a great believer in these quasi players groups having a say as they are always railroaded by the more vocal of the team and that isn't necessarily a good thing.

Logan

Quote from: interested on September 01, 2009, 03:02:50 PM
Quote from: Logan on September 01, 2009, 02:54:43 PM

They must been asked in some shape or form or let their feelings be known that thet really do want McGrath.
What about McCartan?

Sarcasm my friend, sarcasm
;D  ;D

thewobbler

If we really are interested in Wee James, we should offer him the position now. With Grimley now away to Monaghan, I'd imagine Armagh will be examining his case very closely. And their County Board will spend the necessary.

Logan

Quote from: thewobbler on September 02, 2009, 09:48:26 AM
If we really are interested in Wee James, we should offer him the position now. With Grimley now away to Monaghan, I'd imagine Armagh will be examining his case very closely. And their County Board will spend the necessary.
Don't worry - there's bound to be another Armagh man wanting out of the county!!

johnneycool

Quote from: rosskarr on September 01, 2009, 08:37:36 PM
Quote from: johnneycool on September 01, 2009, 03:23:52 PM

If players have an opinion then they should voice it through their clubs once the shortlist is known.
I'm not a great believer in these quasi players groups having a say as they are always railroaded by the more vocal of the team and that isn't necessarily a good thing.

Can you let us  all know when the you have the names on the shortlist.

I can only but assume that the five man committee set up the to review football management the will draw up a shortlist of the willing the candidates.

umgolaarmagh

what price is mc cartan to be the next armagh manager

TacadoirArdMhacha

What makes you say that wobbler?

Not sure McCartan would be interested taking the Armagh job on his own and I wouldn't be certain our county baord would contemplate appointing a Down man.

Would taking the Armagh job affect McCartan's chances of being the Down manager at a later date? Didn't stop the Mayo lads welcoming O'Mahony back I suppose.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Fear Boirche

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on September 02, 2009, 03:00:24 PM

Not sure McCartan would be interested taking the Armagh job on his own and I wouldn't be certain our county baord would contemplate appointing a Down man.

Would taking the Armagh job affect McCartan's chances of being the Down manager at a later date? Didn't stop the Mayo lads welcoming O'Mahony back I suppose.

Well he had Aidan O'Rourke with him at Queens, so maybe that'll be the new management team.  ;D

stew

Quote from: Fear Boirche on September 02, 2009, 07:45:26 PM
Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on September 02, 2009, 03:00:24 PM

Well he had Aidan O'Rourke with him at Queens, so maybe that'll be the new management team.  ;D

I would nearly rather have MH than a down man at the helm of armagh. I will be happy with an outsider as long as they are not from either Down or Tyrone, in that order. Cant trust the hoors at the best of times.  ::)
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

No1

Fantastic to see this has turned into yet another Our Ma thread.  The hoors think the world revolves around them.   ::)

Could they not just leave us to our own wretched situation?

stew

Quote from: No1 on September 02, 2009, 08:49:13 PM
Fantastic to see this has turned into yet another Our Ma thread.  The hoors think the world revolves around them.   ::)

If you could stop your former players showing interst in our wretched situation we would be happy not to hijack your wee thread. :-\
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: No1 on September 02, 2009, 08:49:13 PM

Have a quick look there to see who brought Armagh into the conversation. Good man.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

saffron sam2

Quote from: Logan on September 01, 2009, 02:54:43 PM

What about McCartan?

Would a Tally - McCartan pairing be considered?

Butterknife has been for a run round the Mournes.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet