Explain your name (with added name change request from Our Nail)

Started by SidelineKick, July 27, 2009, 06:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: SidelineKick on July 29, 2009, 08:44:48 AM
Quote from: vav on July 29, 2009, 08:38:40 AM
Quote from: SidelineKick on July 29, 2009, 08:20:37 AM
Quote from: vav on July 28, 2009, 10:25:50 PM
mines boring.. drew a blank when TG told me to register so just went with my nickname (which comes from my nephew not being able to pronounce my real name when he was a kid)

Girls shouldn't have nicknames.

eh, why??  ::)

Not sure the exact reason but nicknames just dont suit weemen.  Some Down woman footballer did an interview in the Gaelic Life a couple of weeks ago and kept mentioning her fellow players, calling them by their (ridiculous) nicknames.  It was cringeworthy.

I'll state again, girls shouldn't have nicknames.

Eliza Downey I think?

Our Nail Loney

I would like to add girls with nicknames are crap.

My cousins girlfriends mate is called 'Browner'

What the f**k?

WhoAreYaWhoAreYa!

Mine is just a well known chant at football matches, in soccer mainly obviously, but chanting has crept into gaelic a wee bit. To be honest, it was chosen with the origional purpose of 'not holding back, il say wat i want, no1 is safe frum critisism etc etc', but there are actually some good healthy arguements and conversations on the board that i actually got genuinely interested and my posts became genuinely more serious and honest, instead of just winding people up. :)

SidelineKick

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on July 29, 2009, 10:24:53 AM
Quote from: SidelineKick on July 29, 2009, 08:44:48 AM
Quote from: vav on July 29, 2009, 08:38:40 AM
Quote from: SidelineKick on July 29, 2009, 08:20:37 AM
Quote from: vav on July 28, 2009, 10:25:50 PM
mines boring.. drew a blank when TG told me to register so just went with my nickname (which comes from my nephew not being able to pronounce my real name when he was a kid)

Girls shouldn't have nicknames.

eh, why??  ::)

Not sure the exact reason but nicknames just dont suit weemen.  Some Down woman footballer did an interview in the Gaelic Life a couple of weeks ago and kept mentioning her fellow players, calling them by their (ridiculous) nicknames.  It was cringeworthy.

I'll state again, girls shouldn't have nicknames.

Eliza Downey I think?

Bingo. Sounds like a real dose.
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

Archie Mitchell

Nothing worse than a womens Gaelic team on the rip. Was in the Hatfield one Sunday night and 3 ladies Gaelic teams were in as it was the end of some tournament. Absolute nightmare. Ended up with a fight between 2 of the teams and they were standing at opposite sides of the road at the end of the night. Classy.

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on July 29, 2009, 10:50:21 AM
Nothing worse than a womens Gaelic team on the rip. Was in the Hatfield one Sunday night and 3 ladies Gaelic teams were in as it was the end of some tournament. Absolute nightmare. Ended up with a fight between 2 of the teams and they were standing at opposite sides of the road at the end of the night. Classy.

Bet there was some poor fellas on the end of an angry ride that night!

Hereiam

SidelineKick

Not sure about a group, I know more than one is "Mucksavii".  Perhaps a "herd" would suit them best.

"Oh shit, here comes a herd of mucksavii"

Reported.

muppet

MWWSI 2017

Farrandeelin

Quote from: stephenite on July 29, 2009, 02:57:18 AM
I attended a strictly Protestant boarding school in South Africa called St. Stephens College, old boys are known as Stephenites

Aye, the whole lotta ye must have done the same! :D
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on July 29, 2009, 10:50:21 AM
Probably  the Dowd cup, worse than any st Patricks day in the hollylands!
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

FreeDerry

My (west belfast) friend came up with mine.  I was sitting on the board one day at uni and just asked her to come up with a name that that had derry in it. 

SidelineKick

Quote from: FreeDerry on July 29, 2009, 05:19:53 PM
My (west belfast) friend came up with mine.  I was sitting on the board one day at uni and just asked her to come up with a name that that had derry in it. 

How did she ever think of it?

Reported.

FreeDerry

Yeah ino. lol considering she can be a bit 'blond' sometimes!

SidelineKick

Reported.