Explain your name (with added name change request from Our Nail)

Started by SidelineKick, July 27, 2009, 06:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SidelineKick

How did you all come up with your usernames?

Poor start to the thread but I don't know where I got mine, just plucked it out of my ass I suppose.
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

corn02

Had a couple of clinkers lined up but went blank when registering.

Corn - Irish for Cup

02- Armagh won in 02

Woooooooooorst!

DownFanatic

Down because im from Down and Fanatic because...Eh, don't actually know why I picked Fanatic.

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: SidelineKick on July 27, 2009, 06:04:46 PM
How did you all come up with your usernames?

Poor start to the thread but I don't know where I got mine, just plucked it out of my ass I suppose.

But your name isn't dingleberry?   :D

Mine was due to the fact that Archie Mitchell was up to his mischievous ways in Eastenders when I signed up.

SidelineKick

Yeah I think if I was to rename myself it would be Ian Beale.  An upstanding member of society and loves a good moan. On second thoughts perhaps I could give that to Pints.

Reported.

maxpower

i was originally Dunloy and it got confusing at times when the conversation was indeed about my own club, when i came about to change i happened to be watching the episode of the simpsons where Homer changed his name to MaxPower, worked for the great man
What happens next????

Our Nail Loney

A homage to a local warrior, Neil Loney, and the way his father still can't say Neil after 24 years, instead calling him 'Our Nail'

Though I am under severe pressure from Nail to change the name, something I have told the mods and they won't help me!

I pm's them there last week asking for a name change as 'Real Nail' isn't that happy with his name being plastered over an internet forum.

Maybe they can see this and get back to me??

The Real Laoislad

The Real Laoislad.........Im really a fake boobed female from Wexford........
You'll Never Walk Alone.

SidelineKick

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on July 27, 2009, 06:28:21 PM
A homage to a local warrior, Neil Loney, and the way his father still can't say Neil after 24 years, instead calling him 'Our Nail'

Though I am under severe pressure from Nail to change the name, something I have told the mods and they won't help me!

I pm's them there last week asking for a name change as 'Real Nail' isn't that happy with his name being plastered over an internet forum.

Nooooooooooooo!! Nail if you arent called "Our Nail Loney" then you may as well not be on the board.  To use another name would be worthless.  Mods please ignore Our Nail Loney's request for a name change.

Reported.

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: SidelineKick on July 27, 2009, 06:31:52 PM
Quote from: Our Nail Loney on July 27, 2009, 06:28:21 PM

Nooooooooooooo!! Nail if you arent called "Our Nail Loney" then you may as well not be on the board.  To use another name would be worthless.  Mods please ignore Our Nail Loney's request for a name change.

How would it be any different???

There are plenty of people on the board who have been known under different guises!!

The only other option left to me would be to get a new log-in, which is very hard these days may I add, and get this one banned for a laugh.

Then I run the risk of when they cotton on to Nail v2.0 (possible new name?) he could get banned as well...

Anyone who knows the real Nail will know you don't wanna be on his bad side!! Trust me

SidelineKick

Avoid standin at the other side of a Chinese takeaway window if he does fall out with you.  You have been warned.

Reported.

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: SidelineKick on July 27, 2009, 06:36:46 PM
Avoid standin at the other side of a Chinese takeaway window if he does fall out with you.  You have been warned.

Aw f**k I had forgot about that story.

See? I am in serious physical danger potentially!!

Is it too much to ask for a name change??

leenie

i just googled my username to see what came up.......

this came up in images

I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

SidelineKick

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on July 27, 2009, 06:37:35 PM
Quote from: SidelineKick on July 27, 2009, 06:36:46 PM

Aw f**k I had forgot about that story.

See? I am in serious physical danger potentially!!

Is it too much to ask for a name change??

The use of that word weakens your case substantially.  You should have left that out.

Reported.

SidelineKick

Quote from: leenie on July 27, 2009, 06:39:34 PM

i just googled my username to see what came up.......

this came up in images

Good likeness, same hairstyle.

Reported.