Back to Back All Irelands are tough

Started by magickingdom, July 26, 2009, 09:37:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

INDIANA

I'd like to ask people what trophy is awarded for the team of the decade?
Also - does anyone really give a shit?

magickingdom

Quote from: puskas on August 23, 2009, 07:57:56 PM
Quote from: Mike Sheehy on August 23, 2009, 07:06:41 PM
Quoteof course it is, but in terms of making a claim for this non-existent title so sought-after by Tyrone and Kerry fans, you need more than 3 out of 10. you also need to beat your major rivals at least once during the period. back to backs are irrelevant.

you might have had some argument till you cam out with that shite. The hardest thing to do, by far, is to win two AI back to back. If anything is irrelevant its Head to heads, anything can happen on the day.

Mike, I've no desire to get into a slanging match with you as you're up to your neck in bias on this point, and can't seem to argue without losing the rag.

As a neutral, I'll stand by my opinion that Kerry's abject failure to beat their major rival Tyrone three times this decade invalidates their claim to be TotD, a back to back against the weaker opposition provided by Mayo and Cork in those years is clutching at straws IMHO, sorry.

no one in kerry give a sh1t about team of the decade were team of the century ffs.

ps to paraphrase 'its about the trophies stupid' not head to head one off games

In the Onion Bag

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on August 23, 2009, 07:34:21 PM
Pat Spillane was long retired by 2001 ? If you are referring to 1991 then at least get your facts straight before trying to wind.

silly nordie

Miky, I am pretty sure you know what I meant, still you come back with a stupid insult.  Learn some grace man or continue in the small band of kerry assholes .  Suspect you are not a really Kerry, your parents probally are from Limerick or somewhere? 
Any way, share with the board your memories of the 1991 game w-stain?

puskas

Quote from: Kerry1980 on August 23, 2009, 08:31:28 PM
Quotea back to back against the weaker opposition provided by Mayo and Cork in those years is clutching at straws IMHO, sorry.

Oh dear...
Cork weak opposition? They'd have won a bunch of all Ireland's this decade if it wasn't for Kerry and only Kerry, meaning the only team to defeat them in years has been Kerry. Oh yeah, they're in this years final if you hadn't noticed.  Your weak opposition to the now fact that Kerry is the team of the decade is what's clutching at straws, sorry.

Sir, I saw Cork 2009 today and it ain't no Cork 2006-2007

Bunch of All-Irelands this decade for Cork?? List what they would/could have won. Hint, a bunch means more than one, and you can't include this year.

puskas

[/quote]

no one in kerry give a sh1t about team of the decade were team of the century ffs.

[/quote]

Team of the century, no question, as long as you mean the 20th right? Now just be big enough to admit you couldn't get the better of Tyrone in the last 10 years, why it so shaggin difficult for you lot to concede there was one bloody team a tiny bit better than ye. You'll probably be the team of this century as well if it massages your bruised little egos a little and makes you feel better. Strewth. (Although the slapping your minors got today makes me ponder about your production line).

magickingdom

Quote from: puskas on August 23, 2009, 08:49:55 PM

[/quote]

Team of the century, no question, as long as you mean the 20th right? Now just be big enough to admit you couldn't get the better of Tyrone in the last 10 years, why it so shaggin difficult for you lot to concede there was one bloody team a tiny bit better than ye. You'll probably be the team of this century as well if it massages your bruised little egos a little and makes you feel better. Strewth. (Although the slapping your minors got today makes me ponder about your production line).
[/quote]

our minors are often slapped around the place, but there you go thats young fellas for you, they wont listen :D get over the tyrone thing will you, it really doesnt matter each all ireland is equal and this one will be as good as anyother if we win it. did we beat down in the championship? do we have care?

puskas

each all ireland is equal
[/quote]

whatever. never mention the words 'soft all-ireland' to a kerryman. you're the greatest, this decade, every decade gone and to come. period. good luck.

Kerry1980

puskas, if meath make this years final and Cork win it, it will surely be a soft all ireland for Cork since they won't have done so by beating Kerry, the side they've been unable to beat in croker this decade, right?

comethekingdom

Quote from: puskas on August 23, 2009, 09:04:19 PM

each all ireland is equal

whatever. never mention the words 'soft all-ireland' to a kerryman. you're the greatest, this decade, every decade gone and to come. period. good luck.
[/quote]

Look ! - You can only bate whats put in front of you. If we bate Meath next Sunday we'd prefer a final against Tyrone but sadly thats not going to happen.

Mike Sheehy

QuoteMiky, I am pretty sure you know what I meant, still you come back with a stupid insult.  Learn some grace man or continue in the small band of kerry assholes .  Suspect you are not a really Kerry, your parents probally are from Limerick or somewhere? 
Any way, share with the board your memories of the 1991 game w-stain?

run along now gobshite....your heros got found out today so deal with it instead of coming with shite about a game from nearly 20 years ago.

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: puskas on August 23, 2009, 09:04:19 PM

Never mention the words "flash in the pan" to an Armagh man. You're the shitest this decade, every decade gone and to come, period. good luck.

Keep at it Puskas. I am more than happy to keep this going.

western exile

Quote from: Kerry1980 on August 23, 2009, 09:18:45 PM
puskas, if meath make this years final and Cork win it, it will surely be a soft all ireland for Cork since they won't have done so by beating Kerry, the side they've been unable to beat in croker this decade, right?
emmm....  so who are the Munster Champions then?

Lazer

Quote from: thebuzz on August 23, 2009, 06:28:51 PM
Quote from: CĂșig huaire on August 23, 2009, 06:12:03 PM
Back to back All Irelands aren't that hard, we were doing it before the rest of the Northern teams knew were Jones`s Rd was, Kerry have made a habit of 2, 3 or even 4 in a row.
As for team of the decade, that has to go to Kerry. They have won 3 All Irelands and appeared in 6 or 7 finals. Hopefully they will win a fourth in a few weeks time and put this sill argument to bed once and for all.

Surely Kerry have won four.

Kerry won in 2000, 2004, 2006 and 2007
Tyrone won it in 2003, 2005, 2008

Therefore - Kerry are the team of the Decade, the theory was that the team of the decade would be decided this year was obviously based on Tyrone winning to make it 4 All

As it was the Tyrone fans who started the claim about being the team of decade so they now have to accept that it just wasn't to be, the Team of the decade is Kerry without a Doubt
Its the trophies that count
Down for Sam 2017 (Have already written of 2016!)

longrunsthefox

Jack O'Connor came back to beat Tyrone  ::).  I heard Tyrone people after game saying, "at least it wasn't Kerry" and wishing Cork the best of luck in the final.  Jees!  Cork people have same estimation of Kerry begrudgers as us.
Legacy of Kerry this decade ... never beat Tyrone.

Billys Boots

QuoteLegacy of Kerry this decade ... never beat Tyrone.

They never beat Leitrim either. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...