Back to Back All Irelands are tough

Started by magickingdom, July 26, 2009, 09:37:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magickingdom

the down team of 1961 still considered among the games greats did it and kerry have done it but its some task to achieve it. a team needs everything to go to plan and then get lucky. tyrone may yet do it in the next few years and good luck to them, no doubt they'll be back. . .

johnpower

The bloody team of the decade . Pat could not resist it with Joe sitting there

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: tyssam5 on July 28, 2009, 08:11:49 PM

Mike, you wouldn't change that avatar? It's a wee bit embarrassing when you don't have hold of Sam at minute.

I'll pull mine if and when we relinquish the cup.

Time to change that avatar Tyssam5...and be quick about it..once again ye have embarrassed the title of AI champions with that pathetic defence. 

bcarrier

JMohan

Pat is making Brolly look intelligent

cicfada

Gas to see Spillane having a pop  at Joe over the team of the decade!! Is there any argument any more? Let's look at the facts!! Kerry beat a galway team only after a replay in 2000, when galway were missing three of their best players,  a Mayo team who regularly shit their pants at the sight of Kerry (twice) and then Cork which is a hurling county!! In the meantime  Tyrone beat the reigning All Ireland Champions in their 3 victories including Kerry twice. They beat Kerry 3 times  during the decade! Spillane is an idiot who looked pathetic  with his rant, he was also over the top about mulligan diving! Spillane is the RTE equivalent of Ian Wright, brought in to be the moron on the panel!

JMohan

What award is there for team of the decade?

It's a bullshit discussion anyway

Spillanes a knob and has lost the plot a little with his theatrics

GalwayBayBoy

Pat was acting like a child there at the end. He was practically dancing a jig he was so happy to see Tyrone beaten.

puskas

the only slim sliver of hope Kerry had for a claim of ToTD was beating Tyrone in the final. after Tyrone's clapped-out display today, and Cork's probable victory in the final, the ToTD verdict for the 2000's will be 'None applicable'.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on August 23, 2009, 05:48:09 PM
Pat was acting like a child there at the end. He was practically dancing a jig he was so happy to see Tyrone beaten.

That was one of the funniest things Spillane's done on tv all Summer. Mind you I'm sure there have been lots more but there was nothing on in Mayo today so I had to watch him. He fairly put Brolly in his place though. I'm sure O'Rourke is fed up of listening to them at this stage. Could they not get different people in??
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

puskas

ah no, a Tyrone vs Kerry final would have been great sport, fuelled by the TotD crack, the final showdown etc. It's disappointing it hasn't come to pass but it's put to bed the whole argument, there hasn't been such a team. Tyrone came closest.

bcarrier

Were down or galway team of the 60s ? Did anyone care.

Mike Sheehy

Quotethe only slim sliver of hope Kerry had for a claim of ToTD was beating Tyrone in the final. after Tyrone's clapped-out display today, and Cork's probable victory in the final, the ToTD verdict for the 2000's will be 'None applicable'.

blah, blah.....more nordie mealy-mouthedness. Making the rules up as ye go along.

puskas

what rules Mike, what rules? (give me strength)

CĂșig huaire

Back to back All Irelands aren't that hard, we were doing it before the rest of the Northern teams knew were Jones`s Rd was, Kerry have made a habit of 2, 3 or even 4 in a row.
As for team of the decade, that has to go to Kerry. They have won 3 All Irelands and appeared in 6 or 7 finals. Hopefully they will win a fourth in a few weeks time and put this sill argument to bed once and for all.
Donagh, the GAA Board`s Sinn Fein PSNI spokesperson.