Corcaigh v Dún na nGall

Started by RMDrive, July 26, 2009, 08:07:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DUBSFORSAM1

Quote from: AFS on August 02, 2009, 03:12:36 PM
The fact that this is Donegal's fifth weekend out in a row can't not be a factor in this embarrassment. I think the qualifier schedule is ridiculous as it stands. There's not really much point in taking the second chance that the qualifiers offer if they're gonna flog you to death by the time you get back to the business end.

Well then don't be so poor in the championship then and you won't have to worry about it.....Its giving you an extra chance and if you don't like the rules then tough....Its far worse on provincial winners who don't get a second chance

mountainboii

Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on August 02, 2009, 05:42:10 PM
The fact that this is Donegal's fifth weekend out in a row can't not be a factor in this embarrassment. I think the qualifier schedule is ridiculous as it stands. There's not really much point in taking the second chance that the qualifiers offer if they're gonna flog you to death by the time you get back to the business end.

Well then don't be so poor in the championship then and you won't have to worry about it.....Its giving you an extra chance and if you don't like the rules then tough....Its far worse on provincial winners who don't get a second chance

This is the attitude that has let this shitty schedule develop, 'ah sure shut up about it, yiz are lucky we let you back in at all'.  This is rubbish, all teams left in the competition should expect fair treatment. Asking amateur footballers to play 5, maybe 6 if any of those 5 games finish in a draw, weeks in a row is simply not fair. It'd be better to do away with the qualifiers altogether than to treat them with such disdain.

tyssam5

Quote from: AFS on August 02, 2009, 05:55:44 PM

This is the attitude that has let this shitty schedule develop, 'ah sure shut up about it, yiz are lucky we let you back in at all'.  This is rubbish, all teams left in the competition should expect fair treatment. Asking amateur footballers to play 5, maybe 6 if any of those 5 games finish in a draw, weeks in a row is simply not fair. It'd be better to do away with the qualifiers altogether than to treat them with such disdain.

One game a week is not fair on amateur players? I'd say the players love playing a game every week.  But I would agree that you should have at least one 2 week break if coming through 4-5 games.

mountainboii

Quote from: tyssam5 on August 02, 2009, 06:38:29 PM

One game a week is not fair on amateur players? I'd say the players love playing a game every week.  But I would agree that you should have at least one 2 week break if coming through 4-5 games.

Plenty of the Donegal players today didn't look like they were loving their fifth game in a row.

A lot of people don't seem to realise the mental fatigue that can set in when games are coming so thick and fast. I imagine the Donegal players have barely had a day in the last month and a half were they could completely forget about football. They'd have had to have been planning for their next game from the very next day after their previous win. These demands can catch up with members of the management team too.

Tyrones own

Quote from: Boat Race In The Crowd on August 02, 2009, 12:47:55 AM
Looking forward to being on here tomorrow night after getting back from Dublin, reading all the excuses from the cork and tyrone fans!....and I'll be £500 better off into the bargain

oop's....
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

tyssam5

Quote from: AFS on August 02, 2009, 06:54:00 PM
Quote from: tyssam5 on August 02, 2009, 06:38:29 PM

Plenty of the Donegal players today didn't look like they were loving their fifth game in a row.

A lot of people don't seem to realise the mental fatigue that can set in when games are coming so thick and fast. I imagine the Donegal players have barely had a day in the last month and a half were they could completely forget about football. They'd have had to have been planning for their next game from the very next day after their previous win. These demands can catch up with members of the management team too.

Suppose it depends on the team and the draw. In fairness to Donegal, Derry and Galway were two tough games to come through.

Though we always hear the opposite argument when provincial winners are beaten it's because of their long break. Maybe the advantage has swung too much in the opposite direction, or maybe the provincial winners are just the 4 best teams this year, as I fancy Dublin and Mayo to join Tyrone and Cork in the semis.

Oakleafer1993

I suppose the Donegal players have hit the carry-outs in the back of the bus by now.....

tyssam5

Quote from: Oakleafer1993 on August 02, 2009, 08:42:27 PM
I suppose the Donegal players have hit the carry-outs in the back of the bus by now.....

They'll not be out of Dublin till Tuesday!

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Right we were terrible, our legs went after 5 mins (said the same in second half against Galway) no excuse but 5 games in about a month is too much.
Fair play to Cork, they were the better team by a country mile, faster, more skillful and better disciplined.
Will reply to the shite spouted by arseholes on here in a wee while.

Well done the Rebels.
Tbc....

Fear ón Srath Bán

Looking forward to being on here tomorrow night after getting back from Dublin, reading all the excuses from the cork and tyrone fans!....and I'll be £500 better off into the bargain

Not looking forward to it half as much as we are!  :D
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Tbc....

Tyrones own

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 02, 2009, 09:36:36 PM

Not looking forward to it half as much as we are!  :D

It's after 10 pm...still no sign of him, must be running late :D
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Orior

Surely its time for a few of that Donegal team to call it a day.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

orangeman

I genuinely felt sorry for Donegal today. It was men against boys.

Special mention to Michael Murphy who for 19 years of age is awesome.

orangeman

Cork's half back line are better forwards than their proper half forward line.  They must have scired 10 points between them all ( incl subs ).