Kerry V Dublin

Started by magickingdom, July 26, 2009, 06:51:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on August 06, 2009, 04:45:20 PM
He probably is LL. He's nowhere else to go because Reservoir Dubs has been down for over a day now. Pity because I often have a browse through some of the pearls of wisdom on there for a bit of light entertainment.

Sure what would I know though. I'm only a K****re man!

Often have a aul gawk at it myself,been banned once or twice too... ;)
Never have I read such deluded shite in all my life as what does be on that forum,but as you say its good for a bit of a laugh!
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Apple Crumble

Quote from: INDIANA on August 05, 2009, 10:21:32 PM
Quote from: Celt_Man on August 05, 2009, 09:18:57 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on August 05, 2009, 08:57:15 PM
Quote from: Celt_Man on August 05, 2009, 08:52:21 PM
Quote from: The Aristocrat on August 05, 2009, 05:29:37 PM
Fair play to Bastic, Donaghy is a tr**p and deserves everything he gets, a great player though.

Fair play to Whelo, AOM is a cheat, deserves everything he gets.

At least we are not like the Northern lads who break their own team mates jaws and the likes.

We lost to Kerry badly but only to Kerry, everybody else will have to wait to get a chance at the Dubs in Croker if your still in the competition which most other teams wont unless your in Leinster.

The only county that can give stick to Dublin is Tyrone, Kerry and Mayo. Love being a Dub and love being hated, it brings a smile to my face.

Are you a gobshite fulltime or can you turn it on and off at will??? 
Tramping on a water boy's injured foot is fair play????  And what exactly did Aidan O'Mahony do on Monday against Dublin that deserved a jaw breaker of an elbow swing like that?  Typically Whelan got away with it a la when he tried to see if Ronan McGarrity's head would come off with a forearm to the neck a couple of years ago...

Aidan O Mahoney- read the rap sheet. As long as Whelan's. You d**khead.

Now now, mild your manners, I only asked what O'Mahony done on Monday to deserve an elbow - you didn't answer that but anyway...
So do you reckon that because O'Mahony has been in trouble before it's open season on his jaw any day??

O Mahoney has been carrying out bodybags for years. i've plenty of time for O Mahoney- he's a hard man and a good player. Doubt he'll be whingeing as much as you about it.Then again you're probably a Mayoman.

The only teams that win all-irelands have hard men on them. If we had more players with Ciaran's mental and physical aggression we'd be winning all-irelands every other year. Inter county football is a dirty rough tough business and you need a quota of hard men to win. You won't see anyone from Tyrone and Kerry disagreeing with me on that one. There is a lesson in that for counties like Dublin and Mayo.
Kerry have O Mahoney, the O Se's and Galvin to sort anyone out who needs sorting out. Tyrone have Mc menamin, Gormley, hughes and a few others. Dublin have whelan and nobody else.
Thats why I'll always stick up for Whelan because he's the only one on the current Dublin football panel with a pair of balls. They may overstep the mark at times but you win shag all without them.

As for bastic- I've already given my opinion. Couldn't even hit a kerry lad who was actually playing a  decent shoulder on the ball- so he stands on someone's foot. If that doesn't tell anybody whats wrong with football in Dublin nothing will.

How dare you not mention our beloved Francie Bellew. 

Ryan McMenamin HARD...............What sport are you watching??  More like a wee 'twirp'

Michael Schmeichal

Quote from: Celt_Man on August 05, 2009, 08:52:21 PM

Are you a gobshite fulltime or can you turn it on and off at will??? 
Tramping on a water boy's injured foot is fair play????  And what exactly did Aidan O'Mahony do on Monday against Dublin that deserved a jaw breaker of an elbow swing like that?  Typically Whelan got away with it a la when he tried to see if Ronan McGarrity's head would come off with a forearm to the neck a couple of years ago...

AIdan O Mahony's side were 17 points up with 5 minutes to go. Whelan got the ball 70 yeards from goal and O Mahony decided to rugby tackle him. This doesn't make what Whelan did right but I think his frustration understandable.

Donaghy was mouthing at Dublin players all day and just before the kicking incident he sprayed water at Dublin sub Cian O Sullivan. Again, this does not make what Bastick did racceptable

SidelineKick

FINALLY seen the incident. He should be ashamed of himself, complete dick, let himself down all day by the sounds of it.

As for the O'Mahony incident Michael are you having a laugh? Regardless of whether his team were a point up, 17 points up or 10 points behind I think its admirable that O'Mahony continued to play his heart out to the end, what did you want him to do let Whelan run through? Also, it was hardly a "rugby tackle". Sometimes it can be easy to get caught up in a tackle and hold the man longer than you mean, Pat gave the free remember, please do not use silly comments to try and give a reason as to why Whelan elbowed him. I'll give you one reason - he's a tw*t.
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

INDIANA

Quote from: SidelineKick on August 06, 2009, 05:34:58 PM
FINALLY seen the incident. He should be ashamed of himself, complete dick, let himself down all day by the sounds of it.

As for the O'Mahony incident Michael are you having a laugh? Regardless of whether his team were a point up, 17 points up or 10 points behind I think its admirable that O'Mahony continued to play his heart out to the end, what did you want him to do let Whelan run through? Also, it was hardly a "rugby tackle". Sometimes it can be easy to get caught up in a tackle and hold the man longer than you mean, Pat gave the free remember, please do not use silly comments to try and give a reason as to why Whelan elbowed him. I'll give you one reason - he's a tw*t.

To Aidan's credit like the man he is- he wouldn't do half as much whingeing about it as you. And they say northern men are "hard". If they were judged by some of the posters here- they must be a shower of pussies.
In my view what Bastic did was far worse.

SidelineKick

Thats the first time I've mentioned it in any of my posts, hardly a lot of whinging now is it?

You take issue with my comment yet ignore the comment I was responding to.  I was simply pointing out that O'Mahony playing his heart out until the end, regardless of the fact they were hammering the Dubs, does not in any way give that thug Whelan a right to throw the elbow at him.

I'm not whinging, simply trying to point out something to the previous poster.  What do you make of his post out of interest?

Ps elbowing somebody in the face doesnt make you a "hard man".
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

heffo

He probably is LL. He's nowhere else to go because Reservoir Dubs has been down for over a day now. Pity because I often have a browse through some of the pearls of wisdom on there for a bit of light entertainment.

Jesus - myself, yourself & TRLL must've been like three exchange students passing each other like ships in the night - I had a little peak (not quite on your voyeuristic level now mind - I wouldn't be able to give you an exact breakdown as to the site availability over a 24-36 hour period) at the Kildare & Laois sites over the last few weeks too..

I did have a little chuckle at one Kildare poster claiming their ticket allocation was 'a bit suss' notwithstanding the 3,000 tickets returned for the Leinster final or the closed ranks reaction on Laoisgaa.com to Ewen McKenna's article on the two Laois players who wanted paying before togging out for their count - jaysus if it's as much craic as you and the fella from Neilstown make out I'll have to do this more often!

tyronefan

Quote from: INDIANA on August 06, 2009, 06:03:46 PM

To Aidan's credit like the man he is- he wouldn't do half as much whingeing about it as you. And they say northern men are "hard". If they were judged by some of the posters here- they must be a shower of pussies.

Is this the same real man Aiden O Mahony that dropped like a stone after a tip on the cheek from O Connor last year.

I wouldn't use O Mahony as an example of a real man after that

magickingdom

Quote from: tyronefan on August 06, 2009, 09:52:39 PM

Is this the same real man Aiden O Mahony that dropped like a stone after a tip on the cheek from O Connor last year.

I wouldn't use O Mahony as an example of a real man after that

is it necessary to get personal like that? he plays as an amateur has family, friends and a job to go to. i know a few more of the posts on here were worse then yours but the lot are bullsh1t

tyronefan

dont mean to get personal, O mahony is a great footballer and a pleasure to watch but just pointing out that he is no saint, like a lot of other footballers.

If you want to go through every footballers career frame by frame you will find that all of them are guilty of cynical play at one time or another.

INDIANA

Quote from: tyronefan on August 06, 2009, 10:08:49 PM
dont mean to get personal, O mahony is a great footballer and a pleasure to watch but just pointing out that he is no saint, like a lot of other footballers.

If you want to go through every footballers career frame by frame you will find that all of them are guilty of cynical play at one time or another.

very little room for saints at inter county level these days.

tyronefan

except the ones playing for your own county   ;D

magickingdom

Quote from: tyronefan on August 06, 2009, 10:08:49 PM

couldn't agree more, unfortunately its almost part of the game..

Celt_Man

That's a good point, I think all northies wait all counties should be judged on what some random people's - from that county (and that could be faked too) - internet persona.  Glad you're not making broad sweeping strokes there...
And I'm gonna try to ignore the earlier of comment saying that I'm whinging when all I'm doing is simply pointing out the facts and as for that Mayo comment....
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: heffo on August 06, 2009, 06:54:19 PM

Jesus - myself, yourself & TRLL must've been like three exchange students passing each other like ships in the night - I had a little peak (not quite on your voyeuristic level now mind - I wouldn't be able to give you an exact breakdown as to the site availability over a 24-36 hour period) at the Kildare & Laois sites over the last few weeks too..

I did have a little chuckle at one Kildare poster claiming their ticket allocation was 'a bit suss' notwithstanding the 3,000 tickets returned for the Leinster final or the closed ranks reaction on Laoisgaa.com to Ewen McKenna's article on the two Laois players who wanted paying before togging out for their count - jaysus if it's as much craic as you and the fella from Neilstown make out I'll have to do this more often!

I've posted on here before about some of the nonsense that has been posted by some of the gombeens on the KildareGAA site in the past but seriously Heffo, some of the stuff they come out with on Res Dubs is hilarious. In fairness, there are some good posters on there but some of the lads would have you believe that the rest of the country is out to get the Dubs and that the Dubs are just a cash cow for the GAA - they can't seriously believe that this is the case??

I personally have great time for the genuine Dublin supporters. I've always found them a very fair and sporting lot and I wouldn't let the ramblings of a few eejits on a internet forum cloud my judgement.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?