Luimneach Vs An Mhí, Satharn, 1ú, Lúnasa,

Started by thejuice, July 26, 2009, 10:44:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zulu

Quote from: kevmy on July 27, 2009, 11:29:04 AM
As a neutral I reckon Meath have the edge here.

Limericks long lay off and Meath's bit of a run swing it there way.

If Meath do a job on Ryan I reckon they have it. Apart from him Limericks forwards aren't great. I think Meath have way more talent up front but they need to pick the right team and hope they click. Meath also have the motivation for revenge after last year.

Hmmm, displaying a poor knowledge of Limerick I'm afraid, not only do Limerick have more forwards than Ryan but they have quite a few more. Ger Collins has been outstanding for them this year and both Kelly and Buckley are flyers (Buckley is probably the faster of the two), throw in CJ Power and Stokes and they have quite a potent mix of forwards. While the Meath forwards are the better finishers, the Limerick forwards work harder and are faster and more mobile so they'll give Meath their fill. In addition to that Limerick are better from 1 - 9 so I expect a Limerick win here but not by much.

Fear ón Srath Bán

LIMERICK (SF v Meath): S Kiely; J McCarthy, S Gallagher, M O'Riordan; S Lavin, S Lucey, P Ranahan; J O'Donovan, J Galvin; P Browne, C Joyce-Power, S Buckley; G Collins, S Kelly, I Ryan.

Would fancy the Shannonsiders in this one.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

thejuice

Meath unchanged,

Would fancy the Boynesiders in this one.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

INDIANA

Hard to call- depends on how the layoff effects Limerick. From my own experiences- the layoff rarely does any team any good because Meath will be match fit but myabe Limerick can cope better.

2 things though- Lucey and O riordan must be knackered at this stage and I'm concerned that Limerick have little impact off the bench. The lack of impact of the bench cost them the Munster championship. I'll give Meath a very narrow, hesitant vote but I wouldn't have any massive confidence in saying that.

Hardy

Just rescuing this from page two, it being the day of the match and all.

I have no idea what to say about the match, though. I don't know whether we're going anywhere after conquering the superpowers of Waterford, Westmeath and Roscommon. I don't know whether I'm encouraged or frightened by the fact that the management has finally discovered what everyone else believed was the best team and abandoned the puzzling experiments that went on into the start of the championship. Was that just a joke or what?

It'll be great if the apparent form of the midfield and half backs persists against what looks like stronger opposition. I haven't seen the qualifier games, but apparently the half backs were winning a lot of breaking ball and supporting the attack well - both essentials in any team looking to go anywhere in the championships and both badly absent for the past while. 

Likewise, McGuinness is reported to be doing well at CHB. If this turns out to be the solution to our long standing problems in this position, we may be going somewhere. We have the forwards to compete with anyone if we can win them possession and stop the opposition from running through us.

Whatever happens, at least we've (just) managed to stay in the championship till August.

There - all without mentioning the Gaelic Grounds debacle of 2008.

Feck!

Jinxy

Hope the rain holds off and I don't get drowned on the terrace.
Wonder what sort of a crowd will be at it?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Jinxy on August 01, 2009, 12:08:37 PM
Wonder what sort of a crowd will be at it?

I would predict that the crowd would be attired primarily in the colour of green.

agorm

Agree with Hardy, difficult to know what to make of Meath this year. The selections made in the Dublin game are even more baffling considering the form of some of the players he left out since.

Worried about the full back line, especially Moyles, and they could struggle today.

Let's hope the good form of Crawford, Sheridan, Byrne etc continues and we can get the win.

INDIANA

Disappointing fare really. Meath look decent enough but I can't see either of these going too far. limerick are way off the pace- 4 week break hasn't helped.

Tyrones own

Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

The GAA

How was there only 2 mins of injury time? it took hughes 2 mins to send bray ffs, not to mention about 8 subs and meath wasting time for the last 15 minutes.

As we know only too well in armagh hughes is a bit of a joke anyway. with kinneavy appointed to do kildare and tyrone tomrrow is there some one in croke park having a bit of a laugh?

Fear ón Srath Bán

Limerick poor (surprisingly so), and Meath have too many weaknesses to seriously put it up to Mayo, especially if Bray's red was a straight one.

INDIANA

Best team won. Limerick were poor- 2 goals kept them in it. Still can't see Mayo losing too much sleep.

magickingdom

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on August 01, 2009, 08:40:39 PM
Limerick poor (surprisingly so), and Meath have too many weaknesses to seriously put it up to Mayo, especially if Bray's red was a straight one.

spot on, cant see mayo having too much trouble next week

Lawrence of Knockbride

Quote from: The GAA on August 01, 2009, 08:37:41 PM

How was there only 2 mins of injury time? it took hughes 2 mins to send bray ffs, not to mention about 8 subs and meath wasting time for the last 15 minutes.

As we know only too well in armagh hughes is a bit of a joke anyway. with kinneavy appointed to do kildare and tyrone tomrrow is there some one in croke park having a bit of a laugh?
Yeah that was a joke. In the Dublin v Meath game it took about 2:45 for the Dublin FF that did his cruciate (forgot his name) to be taken off yet only 2 minutes were played. Also in the Cavan v Fermanagh game there was a big consultation with umpires that took 2 minutes and only 2 minutes were played. I have the utmost respect for the job the refs do but if they can't even get close to managing the timing of the game then there's something badly wrong.

Meath much the better team and Limerick very disappointing.