Mayo Vs Meath - All-Ireland Quarter Finals

Started by AbbeySider, July 24, 2009, 10:01:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mannix

bottom line is mayo not even near good enough, saved from a whupping in 2 or 3 weeks.good luck to meath because they will need it.

moysider

All that I can say is I m glad I was nt there facing the drive home after that. Glad I m out of the country. Billy Fitz having a go at goal-shy Conor and he s right.

mouview

There was worse than Conor. Harte, Heaney poor, Trevor middling.

Donnellys Hollow

I feel dirty saying this but well done Meath. Hopefully this result will quieten the people that constantly run down Leinster football.

Even saying that I think Kerry might make short work of them in the semi-final. Meath won't lie down like Dublin but if Kerry play like they did in the opening half against the Dubs I don't think Meath have the quality to live with them.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Greenabovethered

Better to be found out today than three weeks against kerry. No excuses. We were torn apart at the back at times. Meath could have a number of goals. I was wondering all weeks where the favourites tag was coming from. We were poor in the league, beat New York, Roscommon and struggled against a poor Galway. Meath scored 2-15 in 60 minutes.

Son_of_Sam

Quote from: mouview on August 09, 2009, 03:36:12 PM
Mayo bit unlucky though; probably a goal in the first half when golaie brought it in. Kilcoyne and O Shea injured, sideline ball to Mayo went to Meath who got a lucky penalty out of it. How a big lump like Sheridan could be allowed play as well as he did, I don't know.

Lads lets not start that all over again.

WELL DONE MEATH, they deserved it.

moysider

Quote from: mouview on August 09, 2009, 03:40:00 PM

I m sure there was. But taking handy points when a goal on is just a cop out. Ye have to nail those - or at least try to -  at this level.

The Blegard

Quote from: mannix on August 09, 2009, 03:36:18 PM
bottom line is mayo not even near good enough, saved from a whupping in 2 or 3 weeks.good luck to meath because they will need it.
I tend to agree with that. Be interesting to see how Meath will deal with Kerry. If its a close game it wont be so bad but top down clear out for us
Ceol,Dole agus Ol

ONeill

Meath are some side when they get their tails up. Brought back bad memories of the '07 quarter.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Fear ón Srath Bán

That game was more of a statement on the poor overall standard of Connacht football at the minute I'd say, and Galway's eclipse to Donegal gave some indication of that, in retrospect. Not to take it away from Meath, however, and Kerry will have a game on their hands.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

INDIANA

Quote from: moysider on August 09, 2009, 03:42:13 PM
Quote from: mouview on August 09, 2009, 03:40:00 PM

I m sure there was. But taking handy points when a goal on is just a cop out. Ye have to nail those - or at least try to -  at this level.

He was still more effective than 90% of mayo's forwards. i don't like the guy but the idea mayo are a better team without him is ridiculous. He went for a goal he was unlucky. These things happen.

mylestheslasher

Well done Meath (I feel sick). Played a nice brand of direct football which was refreshing from all these basketball games we watch week in week out and even though I wanted Mayo to win I found myself cheering for Meath due to the style of ball they played. God what is happening to me?

shakermaker

we were poor in midfield.  Harte and McGarrity looked like passengers today.  

Our slow build up play allows the opposition to get back in position and as a result we resort to kicking from distance or playing too many hand passes and end up spilling it.  The injuries didn't help but Mayo were not good enough today.  Meath will give Kerry a game and good luck to them.

rocco

2 terrible calls by an umpire & a linesman,not good enough at this level.... are they blind ?

ONeill

Poor ole Dublin though - they seem to canter to the Leinster and then sit back on All-Ireland semis day and watch another Leinster side they've already beaten play. Wexford in '08, Meath '09
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.