The Official Thread of Chelsea FC

Started by Norf Tyrone, January 23, 2007, 11:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: bingobus on June 30, 2008, 07:47:49 PM
Thats not bad value for Chelsea standards. I'd say his contract is impressive.

Would suggest Lampard on the way then?

Around 8 million according to the BBC.

Not bad but he is 31 next month so Barcelona were unlikely to get much more for him.

Rossie11

A bargin for Chelsea. Liverpool will be forced to pay at least twice that for Barry.. 

slow corner back

Barry and Deco would be completely different types of players. Barry is a holding midfielder who can also play left back, Deco is very creative but wil do almost no defending, his tackiling is similar to Paul Scholes and I would rate them very similar players, very very good players whose best days may be behind them. If big Phil has signed him it gives a hint about more flair at the bridge possibly next season.

Rossie11

Would have Barry as a left sided player who can play the holding role if needed more so than other way round. Liverpool arent buying him for the holding role as Marsherano is there.
My point is that Deco has one of the best footballing brains in the world and at 30 CFC have got a bargin.

Uladh

I don't know what his wages will actually be but i'd imagine its that which would price most clubs out of pursuing him. he'll probably have to get over £100k a week after signing on fee

ExiledGael

Seen this on BBC, anyone hear what the actual offer was?

Chelsea make 'massive' Kaka offer

AC Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani says Chelsea have made an "astronomical" bid for Brazilian Kaka.
The Blues have long been linked with a move for 26-year-old World Player of the Year and their boss is now ex-Brazil coach Luiz Felipe Scolari.
Galliani told Italian newspaper La Stampa: "We received an astronomical offer from Chelsea for Kaka."

slow corner back

Intresting, at least it looks like big phil wants to play his way to trophies and not grind his way there like the not so " special one".

Norf Tyrone

Chelsea v Guanngzhou Pharmaeuticals..... The Big One!

Cech
Bosingwa
JT
Carvalho
A Cole
Obi Mikel
Essien
Lamps
Deco
Anlka
Kalou

1-0 at HT with Kalou scoring
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Norf Tyrone

Norf Tyrone

Ended up 4-0 Wright Philips

An injury to Boswinga the only blemish.

Norf Tyrone

Latest in the pre season friendly v AC Milan after 20 mins!

Chelsea 3 (Anelka 2, Lampard) Milan 0

Norf Tyrone

Geez horrible mistake by Flamini and the Milan keeper for the third.

Never got time to post, that Chelsea draw with Lok Moscow 1-1 on Friday night. Played very well with Deco showing nice touches, amd only when we started to sub things around did Lokomotiv level up with a few mins left.

It went to penalties....and we lost....again. Bridge and Sheva the culprits.

Anyhow....there may be an argument for ending goal of the season now after this clinker from Essien!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1200w9Itb8

Norf Tyrone

That's 4!

Anleka with a happier day in Moscow for the trick!

Norf Tyrone

Norf Tyrone

5-0 at Full Time.

Excellent result, good performance, but Milan were dire.