Why only 6/7 days for Galway/Antrim after finals?

Started by macdanger2, July 22, 2009, 02:42:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: Rossfan on July 22, 2009, 05:35:08 PM
Obviously the chips are still on the Northern shoulders .

Antrim fans have every reason to feel hard done by as far as i'm concerned...Surely the match could have been a double header with the hurling team...And is there any reason why the match is now 2pm instead of 3pm effectively meaning the supporters have even less time to make the long journey to Tullamore.
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

mckieran

QuoteSurely this is the provincial councils issue.  Leinster has the most counties and finished first while Connaght with the least  (or second to least) finished last.

I think the TV companies have a big say. That was who Kevin Walsh blamed for Sligo beginning their championship so late

armaghniac

QuoteAnd is there any reason why the match is now 2pm instead of 3pm effectively meaning the supporters have even less time to make the long journey to Tullamore.

Perhaps to allow people more time to make the long journey home from Tullamore? It is 3 hours from Belfast, perfectly doable.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: armaghniac on July 22, 2009, 06:47:13 PM
QuoteAnd is there any reason why the match is now 2pm instead of 3pm effectively meaning the supporters have even less time to make the long journey to Tullamore.

Perhaps to allow people more time to make the long journey home from Tullamore? It is 3 hours from Belfast, perfectly doable.

Think i would rather have a extra hour travelling down..In case get lost/ Road accident etc then you wont miss the throw in. What does it really matter if your home a hour earlier. Seems more sense to me!
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

armaghniac

I think it depends on your family situation. Personally I'd rather lie on a while in the morning and come back whenever. Persons with children are up anyway and want them home somewhat earlier.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B