CCTV of Gerrard incident released

Started by Square Ball, July 21, 2009, 07:05:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

full back

From the video evidence you couldnt convict Stevie G
It only seems to be a few slaps thrown in a bar

I thought it was a woman in the white with the silly half type jumper on that was going to go back for more & that also kicked the door on the way out :D

With Stevie G being held back it may be fair to presume that he was boxing, but he wont get done for it.

As you were Stevie G

David McKeown

Quote from: full back on July 22, 2009, 08:44:38 AM

I thought it was a woman in the white with the silly half type jumper on that was going to go back for more & that also kicked the door on the way out :D

With Stevie G being held back it may be fair to presume that he was boxing, but he wont get done for it.

As you were Stevie G

I would assume this case is going to be based on a lot more than cctv footage so it will be impossible to tell the result until the jury decides
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

full back

Quote from: David McKeown on July 22, 2009, 08:49:23 AM
Quote from: full back on July 22, 2009, 08:44:38 AM

As you were Stevie G

I would assume this case is going to be based on a lot more than cctv footage so it will be impossible to tell the result until the jury decides

What will it be based on then?

Eye witness accounts?
How good the legal team are?

The rest of Gerrards party have already admitted their guilt.
What does that say?

AbbeySider

Quote from: Lady GAA GAA on July 21, 2009, 09:50:21 PM
Looks to me like Gerrard got hit first, no? Hard to tell what happens afterwards though

I think so too. Gerard seem to take some sort of hit and fell back before going forward.

timmyot501

Gerrard should maybe give Brolly a call.

Tankie

big of a sc**bag really by the looks of it....wouldnt really expect much more from the likes....
Grand Slam Saturday!

full back

Quote from: Tankie on July 22, 2009, 11:35:24 AM
big of a sc**bag really by the looks of it....wouldnt really expect much more from the likes....

By the looks of what?
Why would you say he is a sc**bag?

bingobus

Quote from: full back on July 22, 2009, 11:36:31 AM

By the looks of what?
Why would you say he is a sc**bag?

Come on Tankie, back up what you say?

The likes of a soccer player? Millionaire? Souscer? English person? White male?

isourboydownyet

how would you react to someone insulting your wife and child?it's very easy to sit back and make assumptions without knowing what really happened

EC Unique

Don't know about the fight but he deserves 6 months for those dance moves :D

Tankie

Quote from: isourboydownyet on July 22, 2009, 11:59:54 AM

how would you react to someone insulting your wife and child?it's very easy to sit back and make assumptions without knowing what really happened

so if someone insults you or your wife you should resort to fighting - what are we cavemen  ??? 
Grand Slam Saturday!

full back

Quote from: Tankie on July 22, 2009, 12:56:59 PM

so if someone insults you or your wife you should resort to fighting - what are we cavemen  ??? 

You havent told us why he is a sc**bag or what you mean by the likes of him??

Tankie

Quote from: full back on July 22, 2009, 12:57:52 PM

these lads are clearly your heroes....maybe I just expect more out of mine
Grand Slam Saturday!

full back

Quote from: Tankie on July 22, 2009, 12:58:55 PM
Quote from: full back on July 22, 2009, 12:57:52 PM

these lads are clearly your heroes....maybe I just expect more out of mine

Eh ???

He certainly isnt my hero, but I dont know why you would call him a sc**bag or what you mean by the likes of him?

Lecale2

Affray

Public Order Act 1986 section 3

Sentence Guildlines
A financial fine of up to £5,000 and/or 6 months custody for less serious cases of Affray, but if this case goes to the Crown Court there is a possibility of a greater sentence.

If the magistrates feel on the evidence their sentencing powers are sufficient they will hear the case. However, having heard the case and the offender's history they then feel their sentencing powers are insufficient they can send the offender up to Crown Court for sentencing only in front of a judge.

Custody is the starting point in their sentencing decision but there is power to reduce the sentence by up to 1/3 for an early guilty plea, which may mean that custody can be avoided by the offender co-operating at the earliest stages. As an alternative to custody, the sentence may be a community punishment e.g. community service, which is served in the community.

The magistrates or judge must also consider compensation for loss or damage caused by the offence to be paid by the offender to the victim(s). Whether or not the offence is regarded as serious depends on the aggravating and mitigating factors.

This case is being heard at the Crown Court so the magistrates must consider it serious. I'm surprised he didn't plead guilty along with the others who where present. To be guilty of Affray you don't actually have to throw a punch or kick the victim. Maybe he's hoping that the Jury will come down on the side of an England footballer in his home city.