5 Sams

Quote from: naka on October 02, 2009, 03:30:01 PM
Quote from: 5 Sams on October 02, 2009, 02:45:33 PM
Quote from: mhacadoir on October 01, 2009, 05:06:47 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/northern_ireland/gaelic_games/8285103.stm

Rafferty now Armagh front-runner
John Rafferty
John Rafferty served at Joe Kernan's Armagh assistant in 2007

John Rafferty now appears to be emerging as the favourite to become the new Armagh senior football manager.

Le cuidiu Dé he'll get it ;)

5 sams i hear he is in the running for ballyholland next year

He's been with us already Naka...hence my post :-\
The Aristocrat Years

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: 5 Sams on October 02, 2009, 08:00:13 PM
Quote from: naka on October 02, 2009, 03:30:01 PM
Quote from: 5 Sams on October 02, 2009, 02:45:33 PM
Quote from: mhacadoir on October 01, 2009, 05:06:47 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/northern_ireland/gaelic_games/8285103.stm

Rafferty now Armagh front-runner
John Rafferty
John Rafferty served at Joe Kernan's Armagh assistant in 2007

John Rafferty now appears to be emerging as the favourite to become the new Armagh senior football manager.

Le cuidiu Dé he'll get it ;)

5 sams i hear he is in the running for ballyholland next year

He's been with us already Naka...hence my post :-\

To be fair the best way of comparing Down's new manager with John Rafferty would be be looking at how they did with the club they both managed, in which case, it would seem Armagh would be getting the better end of the bargain with Rafferty.

Irish News today has the players presenting 5 options - Peter Rafferty, Jim McConville, John Rafferty, Brian McAlinden and Paddy O'Rourke. At least two of those have the look of joke candidates. It seems as though the Irish News are continuing their policy of printing complete nonsense in relation to this story. I find it hard to believe that the players presenting any such list.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

DuffleKing

Players wouldn't nominate paddy o'rourke? no way

souljaboy

Quote from: DuffleKing on October 02, 2009, 07:59:24 PM
If its paddy o'rourke i'll not be going to watch them next year or til he's gone. and the longest day i live i'll not contribute another penny to armagh

could be missing a few armagh games duffleking, hear O'Rourke is a certainty, still cant get odds on him online anywere! hear O'Rourke was told today
I like Big Butts and I cannot lie

ardmhachaabu

I would like to think the players would have more f**king sense
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on October 02, 2009, 08:10:47 PM
I would like to think the players would have more f**king sense

I can't see any way that the players would nominate Jim McConville ahead of Donal Murtagh or Paddy O'Rourke over Pete McGrath.

naka

paddy o rourke announcd

Logan you certainly have the inside track--well done
logan flagged this up weeks ago

pintsofguinness

If paddy o'rourke is even considered I'm declaring my loyalty to another county. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

LeoMc

TacadoirArdMhacha

I honestly feel like saying I'm not going to go to matches this year over the way this sordid affair has been handled and concluded. I'm not going to go that far because I know I wouldn't stick to it but I'm angered and disgusted at this announcement.

Brick Tamlin

sorry.....but this is buckin hilarious.

stew

I am sick over this, f**king sick to my stomach, I'm away to get polaxed, I had planned to come home to watch them next year for the first round championship match and if by some miracle they were still involved in August i would have went again, no way now. I wont go again until O'Rourke is gone.

So McGrath was available but instead let him go and took O'Rourke.  The mind boggles.

Paddy is not a bad fella at all, we have a mutual friend and I have met him quite a few times, not the least of which was AIF day in 02 but he has no business managing Armagh.

Gutted, end of.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

waitingforsam

Paddy orouke 100 from county board, deadly
Been waiting since '94