Armagh management :Paddy O'Rourke!!!

Started by armaghniac, July 21, 2009, 05:35:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

INDIANA

Quote from: Yes I Would on August 15, 2009, 02:50:27 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on August 15, 2009, 10:56:14 AM
Quote from: The GAA on August 15, 2009, 10:54:21 AM

McGeeney has had Grimley with him for two years so i'd say he has picked up what he needed to at this stage. It actually could be perfect for McGeeney as bringing in a new number two now could freshen his approach and that of the players. third year is always the most difficult for any management team after players become too used to them and the set up.

I think Grimley would be a huge loss to Kildare- I also believe Grimley would be better off taking the Armagh job next time round. ie 2 years from now .

But thats when Big Joe has himself primed to come back as gaffer!!

I heard big Joe has his eye on another job ;) ;).

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: INDIANA on August 15, 2009, 03:00:13 PM

McGeeney has had Grimley with him for two years so i'd say he has picked up what he needed to at this stage. It actually could be perfect for McGeeney as bringing in a new number two now could freshen his approach and that of the players. third year is always the most difficult for any management team after players become too used to them and the set up.

I think Grimley would be a huge loss to Kildare- I also believe Grimley would be better off taking the Armagh job next time round. ie 2 years from now .

I'd say you heard wrong then
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

Yes I Would

Cant see it. Mc Donnell & the next man just keeping the hot seat warm.. Thats why Grimley wont be foolish enough to be another shoert term scapegoat..  Armagh should have a squad in 2 /3 years capable of being a competive force again, and Joe knows this.  County Board wouldnt have the stones to appoint Grimley over Kernan at that stage!!

INDIANA

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on August 15, 2009, 03:02:36 PM

I'd say you heard wrong then

Not this time mate. I heard right. Its no secret what other job he covets the most.

The GAA

Indiana - i don't mind you letting all you're all knowledgable about football in every other county but when you present half assed gossip as fact on the armagh thread, particularly when we know better, it's more annoying. stop pretending to be martin mchugh.

The best footballers in armagh are between 17 and 20? give me a break. thats a sloppy assumption because armagh currently have a decent minor and u21 side. good minor teams provide about 1 or 2 starters long term to a senior side.

Joe does not want the dublin job. it doesn't pay. that's a two year old rumour for two year olds. he wants the armagh job again in 2 or 3 years.

INDIANA

Quote from: The GAA on August 16, 2009, 11:20:52 AM

Indiana - i don't mind you letting all you're all knowledgable about football in every other county but when you present half assed gossip as fact on the armagh thread, particularly when we know better, it's more annoying. stop pretending to be martin mchugh.

The best footballers in armagh are between 17 and 20? give me a break. thats a sloppy assumption because armagh currently have a decent minor and u21 side. good minor teams provide about 1 or 2 starters long term to a senior side.

Joe does not want the dublin job. it doesn't pay. that's a two year old rumour for two year olds. he wants the armagh job again in 2 or 3 years.

Listen mate you're entitled to your opinion on my knowledge on things. But we'll see who is right won't we? I don't put up things for effect.

Hardy

You've an awful lot of mates, Indiana.

INDIANA

Quote from: Hardy on August 16, 2009, 12:13:45 PM
You've an awful lot of mates, Indiana.

In truth i've none ;D. Certainly not here anyway.

ardmhachaabu

JK doesn't want any other county/team - ask anyone from Cross and they will tell you, he wouldn't manage any other team while his sons are playing for Cross and Armagh

It's well known throughout the county and beyond, although obviously Indiana knows better than JK himself
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

INDIANA

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on August 16, 2009, 05:59:03 PM
JK doesn't want any other county/team - ask anyone from Cross and they will tell you, he wouldn't manage any other team while his sons are playing for Cross and Armagh

It's well known throughout the county and beyond, although obviously Indiana knows better than JK himself

Absolutely as Manuel out of Fawlty Towers would say "I know nothing". ;D :D

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: INDIANA on August 16, 2009, 06:02:41 PM
Quote from: ardmhachaabu on August 16, 2009, 05:59:03 PM

Absolutely as Manuel out of Fawlty Towers would say "I know nothing". ;D :D

You have your sources Indiana, but I can assure you mine would be closer to the truth than yours and Joe will not be taking that job now nor for the next 10 years!

tyroneman

I have a feeling mcgeeney will take the dublin job next year after his kildare contract runs out

the scenic route

I think Mcgeeney and Grimley would nuts to come back to the swamp of politics that surrounds the armagh set up at the minute. they are loved down in Kildare and although this year they had a good year it think it is only prt of an upward spiral were they will come back better again next year.
I think another 2/3 years Geezer and Grimley would be ripe for the armagh job. But not this time round
"Underneath that thin veneer of human civilisation, we're all just a bunch of fu*king animals"

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: tyroneman on August 17, 2009, 10:00:33 AM
I have a feeling mcgeeney will take the dublin job next year after his kildare contract runs out

Don't think that will happen. There's too many elements within Dublin GAA that won't accept an outside manager. I think if Kildare were to really give the All-Ireland a right rattle next year (please God!), McGeeney would give it another go in 2011. If we fail to improve on this year's effort, I'd say he'll be on his way.

Any word from Armagh on whether Paul Grimley has thrown is hat into the ring for the job?
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

pearseog

donnellys hollow - hasn't ruled himself out but the signals are that he wants to be approached as a sole candidate. he doesn't want to go through the selection panel again after they shafted him 2 years ago. any team grimley has been over he always seems to be well respected both by players and by fans. how is he regarded down in kildare?