Conor Mortimer

Started by Dinny Breen, July 20, 2009, 04:16:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

Feckin eejit!!!

Surprised there hasn't been a thread on this, it's probably mentioned in the match thread but those Mayo fellas don't have like to talk but wtf was the point of this and then his show boating near the end. And before the Dubs say it imagine the sh*te you'd hear if one of the Brogans did that. Hope Trevor gave him a good clip around the year.
#newbridgeornowhere

GalwayBayBoy

Even though Conor Mort is one of life's plonkers I actually didn't mind the t-shirt which was just a bit daft really. What was worse was near the end of the game yesterday when Meehan was lining up a free-kick at the posts he was lepping about like a madman encouraging the crowd to jeer louder to put him off.

EliteNutrition

In fairness it was a bit of crack!! He even had MJ Mort on his boots in tribute to Jackson. The only concern I have with it is that he spelt the name wrong, Micheal!!
Elite Nutrition Ireland gary13@vodafone.ie
Whey Better Protein -Creatine Plus- Essential Sport Fuel

JMohan

longball

Leave him alone. The GAA needs a couple of 'characters' like conor. Im a big fan of his. The boy has talent. Things like the above are a bit daft but frig it its an amateur game. Maybe thats why Conor is such a good player, he plays the game for the enjoyment etc and doesnt let it be his life burden. IMO some fellas take the games a bit too seriously i meanover analysising every move they make etc, Conor kicked 1-2 when brought on as a second half sub why not start a thread on that.

If you cant have the craic in front of 40,000 screaming fans live on tv when can you have the craic?
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

heineken_on_tap

It would be a worse image if Mayo had gone on to lose the game.  

Orior

Did Michael Jackson know Conor Mortimer?

Did Conor participate in one of MJ's sleepover parties?

The plot wont thicken unless I can get some ingredients.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

HowAreYeGettinOn

The reason us Mayo heads get annoyed with him is that, not to put too fine a point on it, he has the whiff of a mé-féiner about him.

Witness his response to the question in a Mayo News interview last year - the question was (roughly) 'What do you say to those people who say Mayo will never win an All-Ireland with Conor Mortimer?'. Conor's response was 'They won't win one without me either'.

Maybe the MJ thing is a laugh. If so, grand (it's not doing it for me, but each to their own). But it's hard not to think that it's just Conor looking for attention again.

JMohan

Quote from: longball on July 20, 2009, 04:28:31 PM
Leave him alone. The GAA needs a couple of 'characters' like conor. Im a big fan of his. The boy has talent. Things like the above are a bit daft but frig it its an amateur game. Maybe thats why Conor is such a good player, he plays the game for the enjoyment etc and doesnt let it be his life burden. IMO some fellas take the games a bit too seriously i meanover analysising every move they make etc, Conor kicked 1-2 when brought on as a second half sub why not start a thread on that.

If you cant have the craic in front of 40,000 screaming fans live on tv when can you have the craic?

I'd agree with most of that.

The only thing I hate is some Mayo fan trying to use the word 'great' and his name in the same sentence - he is and never has been anything near great at all.

laoisgaa

QuoteThe only concern I have with it is that he spelt the name wrong, Micheal!!

Did he spell wrong??? Nah sure that's the Irish version. Micheál!!

INDIANA

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on July 20, 2009, 04:22:15 PM
Even though Conor Mort is one of life's plonkers I actually didn't mind the t-shirt which was just a bit daft really. What was worse was near the end of the game yesterday when Meehan was lining up a free-kick at the posts he was lepping about like a madman encouraging the crowd to jeer louder to put him off.

Agree completely- I've rarely seen anything so pathetic as that. Sad to see. And some people say the soccer morons are confined to Dublin? One of them was playing for Mayo yesterday.

Cosmo Kramer

Quote from: INDIANA on July 20, 2009, 04:56:34 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on July 20, 2009, 04:22:15 PM

Agree completely- I've rarely seen anything so pathetic as that. Sad to see. And some people say the soccer morons are confined to Dublin? One of them was playing for Mayo yesterday.

I've just watched the game back there and in Conor's defence (I feel like I'm about to defend the indefencible here!), the Mayo fans were chanting Mayo Mayo etc. and Mortimer was encouraging them to get behind the team. Very few if any were jeering Meehan's kick, they probably knew there was no point anyway because it was dead straight in front of the posts and I dont think Conor was asking for that either, he was just using the break in play to encourage the fans to get behind the team, which is fair enough.
A few Mayo GAA videos if anyone is interested - www.youtube.com/CosmoKramer100

muppet

Conor got himself on the front page of every paper today. That is probably what he wanted and while it is not my thing who cares if it is his?

Some people seem to be chomping at the bit to be offended.

I suspect the Gaa will quickly introduce a rule banning lifting the jersey in a celebration and I hope all of the above critics thank Conor for his vision in forcing the issue..
MWWSI 2017

INDIANA

Yeah- imagine if it was a Dub- then the PC brigade here would be in out in force. And don't give me that bullshit that it wouldn't because we all know it would.
So I'm simply applying the same standards to our friend.

mortified

Gotta love the mort!!!    ITs a bit ridiculous in my opinion that just because he is a bit different (hair, boots etc.) he is constantly slated by the general public. Similar to the experiences of Mark Vaughan and Owen Mulligan in my opinion.   Galway truly got Mortified!!!!
quit your jibba jabba fool!!