Author Topic: Twitter  (Read 25900 times)

GetOverTheBar

• View Profile
Re: Twitter
« Reply #165 on: June 29, 2020, 02:23:03 PM »
I like twitter, I don't like the rush to get whoever sacked for something that emerges they done about 15 years ago that seems to be prevalent on the platform though.

What you see is largely dependant on who you follow though I suppose.
Your last part is key. I dont follow anyone that annoys me or I have no interest in but lots of people spend their life seeking out things that might offend them so they can respond to it.
This creates it's own problems tho, especially if you're following politics or big issues, you're only getting echo chamber viewpoints. Labour and the UK General Election last year being the prime example of operating in a bubble. I follow gobshites on purpose to get a differing and wider view of things - especially uk politics.

I would do this myself, mostly the likes of Jamie Bryson and Dale Prankhurst....I can resist the urge to reply, which saves a lot more headache, I read the replies and back and forths sometimes. They can be fairly brutal.

I find searching key words makes things a bit handier as opposed to following certain people if you want to clean up your feed.

Boycey

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 29, 2020, 02:32:42 PM »
Yup

Jamie, Ruth Dudley Edwards and Trump are my chosen gobshites. I often wonder how Jamie does it, does he ever sleep?

JoG2

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 29, 2020, 03:33:27 PM »
Yup

Jamie, Ruth Dudley Edwards and Trump are my chosen gobshites. I often wonder how Jamie does it, does he ever sleep?

I like twitter, I don't like the rush to get whoever sacked for something that emerges they done about 15 years ago that seems to be prevalent on the platform though.

What you see is largely dependant on who you follow though I suppose.
Your last part is key. I dont follow anyone that annoys me or I have no interest in but lots of people spend their life seeking out things that might offend them so they can respond to it.
This creates it's own problems tho, especially if you're following politics or big issues, you're only getting echo chamber viewpoints. Labour and the UK General Election last year being the prime example of operating in a bubble. I follow gobshites on purpose to get a differing and wider view of things - especially uk politics.

I would do this myself, mostly the likes of Jamie Bryson and Dale Prankhurst....I can resist the urge to reply, which saves a lot more headache, I read the replies and back and forths sometimes. They can be fairly brutal.

I find searching key words makes things a bit handier as opposed to following certain people if you want to clean up your feed.

I don't understand why you men would have the likes of Tory MPs, Bryson, Prankhurst, Dudley Edwards etc in your daily lives? Life's too short

johnnycool

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 29, 2020, 03:33:45 PM »
Yup

Ian Og's parody account was good, caught out RDE, the arsehole.

Anyone follow guido fawks?

Cunny Funt

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 29, 2020, 05:08:01 PM »
Twitter today is full of pictures and videos of people queuing for the barbers, people giving out about people taking pictures and videos of queues for barbers and people giving out about people giving out about people taking pictures of queues for barbers

sid waddell

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 29, 2020, 05:12:55 PM »
Twitter today is full of pictures and videos of people queuing for the barbers, people giving out about people taking pictures and videos of queues for barbers and people giving out about people giving out about people taking pictures of queues for barbers
And...cut!

screenexile

• Up The Screen!
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 29, 2020, 05:23:24 PM »
Yup

Ian Og's parody account was good, caught out RDE, the arsehole.

Anyone follow guido fawks?

Would do that a bit myself a few right wingers in the UK and a couple of nuts in the US a good bit but they are mostly mental.

I find it mad the echo chambers these things are though. For example I watched a film called "The Personal History of David Copperfield" because I mostly like Ianucci's stuff and the comments on twitter were very complimentary.

I loved the film but noticed the rating on imdb was quite poor (6.3)and then I went into the comments . . .

One of Dickens greatest comedy-dramas cheapened into a ridiculous slapstic comedy with an unrealistic PC cast that makes no sense in Victorian England.

For me movies are about:
Believability and Escapism
The movie utterly fails on this regard with the over colourised casting of ethnic minority members #replacing what originally should've been a European White cast, being in the mid 1800s the story is set in.

For example, having an Indian David Copperfield born to a white woman, Mr Wickfield being Asian and his daughter Agnes being black, as well as the white Steerforth's Mother being played by a black actress. There are also many other examples in the film. This colourlind casting is very distracting.

For example, having an Indian David Copperfield born to a white woman, Mr Wickfield being Asian and his daughter Agnes being black, as well as the white Steerforth's Mother being played by a black actress. There are also many other examples in the film. This colourlind casting is very distracting.

I think we all need to broaden our horizons on both sides of the left/right divide!

general

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 30, 2020, 07:59:36 AM »
Dustin the Turkey - worth a follow. Controversial comment recently and had to backtrack.

a fecking puppet turkey from ireland

ONeill

• Shoving Connie Around The Room
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 30, 2020, 09:58:14 AM »
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Orior

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 04, 2020, 10:14:12 PM »
Anyone follow Ruth Dudley Edwards? An absolute hateful individual. She uses the death of John Hume to further her own hatred of nationalists.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

armaghniac

• View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 05, 2020, 01:25:43 AM »
Anyone follow Ruth Dudley Edwards? An absolute hateful individual. She uses the death of John Hume to further her own hatred of nationalists.

That says a lot about her, even Gregory Campbell could rise to the occasion.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

qubdub

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 05, 2020, 11:24:27 AM »
Attention seeking bitch