Author Topic: Twitter  (Read 25898 times)

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
Re: Twitter
« Reply #150 on: March 22, 2020, 12:46:24 AM »
Why is twitter so popular? I use it for scores in games. Nothing else
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

RedHand88

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 22, 2020, 08:11:58 AM »
Good for breaking news, tid bits, anecdotes that don't make the news etc. Ewan McKennas musings on the pandemic are worth setting up an account alone.
There is alot of crap though, with alot of traffic being directed towards posts on the extreme of political ideologies.

bennydorano

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 22, 2020, 10:21:59 AM »
Ewan needs to lay of the drunken tweeting, see that one at Marty Morrissey last night wtf was that about??

GetOverTheBar

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 23, 2020, 02:34:07 PM »
Ewan needs to lay of the drunken tweeting, see that one at Marty Morrissey last night wtf was that about??

He's got problems thon boy.

Boycey

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: June 28, 2020, 09:42:45 PM »
Can anyone explain to me what's happening with US Twitter, Ray D'Arcy, Dustin the Turkey and Niall Horan  :o

hardstation

• On a cold and misty morning on the Anagaire bridge
    • View Profile
    • gaaboard.com
« Reply #155 on: June 28, 2020, 09:55:09 PM »
The world is reaching to places beyond my comprehension at the minute. Hopefully it dies down soon and I can get the abridged version of wtf it was all about.

BennyCake

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: June 28, 2020, 10:12:51 PM »
Can anyone explain to me what's happening with US Twitter, Ray D'Arcy, Dustin the Turkey and Niall Horan  :o

Jesus itís laughable. Some snowflake taking a hissy fit

andoireabu

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: June 28, 2020, 10:28:46 PM »

RTE brought back The Den as part of Comic Relief.

Niall Horan sang a song as part of Talent on the Telly.  They cut the end of the video short and Dustin had a cut off him saying they wanted Harry Styles instead.

Niall Horan fan accounts are now trying to get Ray D'Arcy and Dustin boycotted and cancelled having missed the fact it was a comedy skit for charity as most seem to be American.  They need to get a life
Private Cowboy: Don't shit me, man!
Private Joker: I wouldn't shit you. You're my favorite turd!

Boycey

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: June 28, 2020, 11:18:09 PM »
Jesus wept  ;D ;D

I saw Dustin had a tweet about one of the Kardashians this evening, presumably they will miss the humour in that too.

I'll happily admit I don't understand the world anymore.

gallsman

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: June 29, 2020, 08:13:28 AM »

They're called teenagers, not snowflakes.
"Never mind your why. Why ain't in your repetoire no more n***a"

BennyCake

• View Profile
« Reply #160 on: June 29, 2020, 10:36:22 AM »

They're called teenagers, not snowflakes.

They shouldnít be on Twitter then.

GetOverTheBar

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: June 29, 2020, 10:46:58 AM »
I like twitter, I don't like the rush to get whoever sacked for something that emerges they done about 15 years ago that seems to be prevalent on the platform though.

What you see is largely dependant on who you follow though I suppose.

Tony Baloney

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: June 29, 2020, 12:17:33 PM »
I like twitter, I don't like the rush to get whoever sacked for something that emerges they done about 15 years ago that seems to be prevalent on the platform though.

Your last part is key. I dont follow anyone that annoys me or I have no interest in but lots of people spend their life seeking out things that might offend them so they can respond to it.

RedHand88

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: June 29, 2020, 01:06:08 PM »

RTE brought back The Den as part of Comic Relief.

Niall Horan sang a song as part of Talent on the Telly.  They cut the end of the video short and Dustin had a cut off him saying they wanted Harry Styles instead.

Niall Horan fan accounts are now trying to get Ray D'Arcy and Dustin boycotted and cancelled having missed the fact it was a comedy skit for charity as most seem to be American.  They need to get a life

Looked this up. Unbelievable.

bennydorano

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: June 29, 2020, 02:12:09 PM »

Your last part is key. I dont follow anyone that annoys me or I have no interest in but lots of people spend their life seeking out things that might offend them so they can respond to it.
This creates it's own problems tho, especially if you're following politics or big issues, you're only getting echo chamber viewpoints. Labour and the UK General Election last year being the prime example of operating in a bubble.  I follow gobshites on purpose to get a differing and wider view of things - especially uk politics.