Mayo Football and Hurling - Discussion pages

Started by stephenite, November 09, 2006, 11:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Farrandeelin

Regarding Sweeney, lately is it just me or does he seem to give the ball away too much? As for Armagh Stephenite, I think we would have taken them last year too. I heard today that 8 Stephenites are on the trial panels. Fair play to them is all I'd say but I doubt they will have that amount come the summer.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

AbbeySider

Tubberman:
check ur private messages

AbbeySider

QuoteLeague format nears completion
12 January 2007

Chairman of the specially formed committee to alleviate the league structure problem in the county, Eamon Clarke, believes a resolution will be found shortly.

The committee's original proposal was rejected at a county board meeting before Christmas and now they must go back and draw up a new format and although there is increasing concern among clubs as to when this will be sorted, Clarke stressed that all will be revealed in good time.

"We're still working away at it and nothing has been fully finalised, but after the original proposal was rejected we must now await the outcome of the 2006 league season before we can bring our new plans to the table," said Clarke.

"At this stage our proposal is fairly concrete and we will be in a position to reveal more detail in the coming week. At the end of the day, however, it's all about servicing the clubs and making sure they are happy, so it will have to be ratified by the delegates at the next meeting of the board."

AbbeySider

Supporting Ballintubber GAA has never been easier - no matter where you are.

(And who knows, you might scoop the jackpot...)
Current jackpot is €10400 !!

You can easily enter Ballintubber GAA's lotto draws through the www.ballintubbergaa.com website. Click on the 'Play Our Lotto Online' link and you can enter draws right away.

* You'll be able to log in to your account and keep track of all your draw entries and, if you're lucky, any confirmed winnings.
    * Draw results and a summary of your entry, including how many draws are left to play, any confirmed winnings to date, etc., will be automatically emailed to you after each draw has taken place.
    * You could enter draws for up to a year in one go. You need never miss a draw again!
    * You can keep up to date with what's happening at the club, regardless of where you are in the world, by receiving the club's newsletter or reading the club's news articles published on the www.ballintubbergaa.com website.
    * To assist the club in it's fundraising, please forward this e-mail to anybody you know who may be interested in offering their support.

Click https://locallotto.ie/play.asp?LL_ID=109 to play online and offer your support right now!
Powered by locallotto.ie

:P ;D :P ;D :P ;D :P ;D

Mayo4Sam

There was more in the WP about the league, a proposal from Ballintubber, the basic gist was that there are 60 teams in Mayo, so it should be 20 senior, 20 inter & 20 junior.
This yrs div 1 & the top 8 teams from div 2 making up div 1A & 1B, top 2 in each playing off, bottom 1 in each relegated.
Similiar story with inter, div 2A & 2B
Junior spilt up into north & east and south & west
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

ziggysego

Congratulations to Killala on beating Fulham London and making it to the All Ireland semi-final. I look forward to meeting you all in 5 weeks time.
Testing Accessibility

Farrandeelin

I for one hope Killala continue the Mayo hoodoo over Tyrone that has developed in recent years!
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Marooned

Congrats to Kevin O'Neill and Mayo U-21's team who won Gaelic Footballer and Team of the Year Awards respectively in the Western People Sports Star Awards

Mayo4Sam

Yes congrats to chuckie, one in the face for all those who said he was too old, past it, and just not good enough this time last year, u know who u are!

Anyone going to sligo on wednesday nite?

stephenite

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on January 16, 2007, 10:12:29 AM
Anyone going to sligo on wednesday nite?

Anyone who does might be kind enough to stick up something small on here, teams, brief match report etc. I'd be very greatful

StoneWall

Team for tonight...

1.   Kenneth O'Malley      Ballinrobe

2.   Dermot Geraghty      Shrule-Glencorrib
3.   James Kilcullen      Ballaghaderreen
4.   Keith Higgins      Ballyhaunis

5.   Peadar Gardiner      Crossmolina
6.   David Heaney      Swinford
7.   Enda Devenney      Ballina

8.   Ronan McGarrity      Ballina
9.   David Brady         Ballina

10.   Aidan Campbell      Swinford
11.   Alan Dillon         Ballintubber
12.   Ger Brady         Ballina

13.   Marty Mc Nicholas      Breaffy
14.   Aidan Kilcoyne      Knockmore
15.   Mickie Mullins      Claremorris

westmayo

Mayo team v Sligo IT

Kenneth O'Malley    
Dermot Geraghty    
James Kilcullen        
Keith Higgins            
Peadar Gardiner      
David Heaney          
Enda Devenney        
Ronan McGarrity
David Brady            
Aidan Campbell        
Alan Dillon              
Ger Brady                
Marty Mc Nicholas  
Aidan Kilcoyne        
Mickie Mullins          

Surprisingly strong selection for the first outing of the season, any comments?

Mayo4Sam

Be interesting to see how kilcullen gets on at FB, O'malley in goal, and devenney at wb.

Cllr Willie Power

Big night for new Mayo boss

TONIGHT marks another significant chapter in the well-travelled career of John O'Mahony when the Mayo boss oversees his first game for his new charges, WRITES PADDY HICKEY.

"It's the start of a new adventure for me, and that's always an interesting experience," commented O'Mahony, as he looked forward to a Connacht FBD clash with Sligo IT under lights at the Sligo IT complex at Ballinode in Sligo town (7.30).

O'Mahony, who has been buoyed by the decisions of veterans David Brady, James Nallen and Kevin O'Neill to soldier on for another season, has been unable to run the rule over most of last year's panel who have been on holiday in the Caribbean.

However, the party returned home last Sunday, and so a number of the regulars are likely to play. But some of the players who featured in last year's All-Ireland loss to Kerry will be absent. Ciaran McDonald (back) and Barry Moran (groin) are ruled out with injury, and Liam O'Malley, Andy Moran and Barry Regan will be involved with Sligo IT.

As well, the Dublin-based players will not be called on, and this means that Sligo IT will not have to contend with the likes of Austin O'Malley, Conor Mortimer, O'Neill, Gary Mullins and Billie Joe Padden.

Another absentee will be midfielder Pat Harte who is at university in Edinburgh.

Tubberman

Yeah, that's a pretty strong team.
It will be interesting to see how some of them get on:
Kilcullen at FB - We need to try out a new FB, so this is a big chance for Kilcullen to stake his claim.
Enda Devenney - For a man who has never been a permanent fixture on the squad, there's been an awful lot of talk about him. Hopefully he'll prove all that talk was justified.
Aidan Campbell - Still v young, but a lot of potential. Unlikely to get a starting place when the real action starts, but definitely one for the future, so good to see him getting a chance.
Whole FF Line - Great to see Marty Mc back again after all his injuries. Not sure he'll break into the team, but a good man to have on the bench.
I'd have thought Aidan Kilcoyne would be given a HF line position. He may play there yet. Was excellent when brought on against Laois and Dublin in Croker last year, and vital to the U-21 win. Could be his year to nail down a starting position.
Mickie Mullins - Know very little about this guy, don't think I've ever seen him play.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."