Donegal vs Derry

Started by Atticus_Finch, July 12, 2009, 07:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JMohan

Quote from: Lady GAA GAA on July 19, 2009, 10:50:22 AM
Derry can now concentrate on their club championship. Donegal squad wont sober until sometime after Christmas, at which point they will realise that after beating Derry they got beat by Antrim again. Two spineless teams, add nothing to the Championship apart from a few nice scores and a lot of rumors.

Orangeman would you ever take your tongue out of Conway's hole? Out of that extraordinary post count of yours, I'd say 80% is pure shite, while the other 20% is harping on about the most cowardly man in the country being hard done by.
Now that's a bitter post

Lady GAA GAA

Thankyou Mr Mohan. Was Lynn fouled when he hit that last shot? Felt sorry for the lad, had an awful awful awful game but at least he was trying. Id say he will take some stick around the county the next few days, and on here especially.

JMohan

Quote from: Lady GAA GAA on July 19, 2009, 10:58:47 AM
Thankyou Mr Mohan. Was Lynn fouled when he hit that last shot? Felt sorry for the lad, had an awful awful awful game but at least he was trying. Id say he will take some stick around the county the next few days, and on here especially.
Ref bottled the last one ... but even the most disappointed of Derrymen would admit that Derry didn't deserve to win

Rav67

Quote from: orangeman on July 19, 2009, 09:57:42 AM
Call it a red herring or whatever but the Ballinderry / James Conway issue was bound to have a detrimental effect on the squad.

It would it any county, whatever way it was handled by the manager.  I think its obvious there's one man to blame for it, but clearly you're his mate and you can't accept that.

Bogball XV

i didn't get to the game, but it seemed as though several lads could have taken the shot, but he was the only one with the balls to take it on - i think he shouldn't be too worried by stick from us boys (and ladies) on here.

Lady GAA GAA

Quote from: Bogball XV on July 19, 2009, 12:32:37 PM
i didn't get to the game, but it seemed as though several lads could have taken the shot, but he was the only one with the balls to take it on - i think he shouldn't be too worried by stick from us boys (and ladies) on here.

Lynch could have taken the shot but it would have been rushed, so passed to the better-placed Lynn who was about 15m out and had a clear sight on goals. I'd love to see it again because I can't make my mind up whether Lynn was to blame or if the ref should have given a foul.

JohnMitchellInman

Looked to me like lynn rushed the shot but got it away and then was hit late, wasn't convinced it was a foul at the time.
He'll carry that miss on his shoulders for the rest of his career though  :(

doirebhoy

seems alot of people blaming enda lynn, catch a grip, had we got a draw it would have been a total injustice, donegal played us off the field, in every department, whether we like to admit it or not!!! Game was lost long before enda took the field
Also, alot of talk about mccloy and sml getting clean, true, however look at our defence every game, we have 2full backs who have no support with 40yards, its easy for a FF, in comparison to derrys FF's they are always being crowded out with 2/3 men more than we have in the oppoising 45.

Gillis - did well got a few good balls, but in the end up his bad kicking gave donegal 2points
SML - has seen better days hung out to dry by colleagues in hb line
mccloy - think he is finished, ok to battle for a ball in the air, but pace wise, non existent
Gerard - best player for us by a country mile
Sean Leo - terrible so much potential but had a shocking day at the office
Barry - was being pulled all over the show not usual self
mcKaigue - did ok, scored the crucial point to bring us level
Fergal - non existent
Joe - Non existent
Patsy - only woke up in the 2nd half of extra time
mullan - struggling with an injury and showed
James- scored a few sweet points, but nothing compared to last weeks exhibition
Skinner - won alot of possesion but wos constently winning it on the side line, a testament to donegals defending and pressure on the ball coming in
Paddy - to me paddy is the player that can score 10points 1 day and if it aint going right, score nothing the next day, hit a shot with outside of the left at 1 stage (wide) from 21 yards
Lynch - did ok, but not in par with last week

if someone has the stats, check the midfield 8 battle, i would say donegal cleaned us in possesion - breakball turnover etc!!!

computer

SouthDerryGael what is ur real name, im guessing wan*ker and ur bout 60yrs old and never hav kick a ball b4!

ha ha ha ha

tbrick18

There are some tools on here too!

I dont think its fair of some people to pass so much comment on the Derry performance having listened to it on the radio.
I for one thought Derry played OK, in particular Ger O'Kane, Lynch and Skinner. We scored 18 points ffs.
We were cleaned out in the full back line...lockhart and mccloy were both destroyed. Lockhart should have been taken off...McBride had a poor game against Monaghan but I dont think he could have been any worse than SML was yesterday and should at least have been given a try. I thought both teams played some very good football. Yes Donegal kicked a lot of wides in the second period of extra time, but Derry kicked at least as many wides in the first half of normal time...so to say Donegal should have been out of sight is also an exaggeration IMO.
Also an awful lot of people here questioning Cassidy....that's very premature as he's only in the job 6 months and we are still without some of our top players in McCusker, Muldoon, Hinphy, Mick McGoldrick, Devlin, McGuckian and Cartin (tho he prob wont be back). I do think he made some mistakes yesterday...for example taking off Diver, not taking off SML, starting McCaigue...but I thought on the whole there wasnt an awful lot wrong tactically.
Donegal were really up for the game, had home advantage and have a lot of very dangerous players and always have the potential (like ourselves) to play really well. Donegall had all the advantages going into this game and I think a one point victory was probably about right on the day, but at the same time if derry had won by a point there wouldnt be any of this talk about them putting in a poor performance.
The performance was fine, the game was a good one and Donegal won.
This is not an excuse, but I though the referee was awful towards Derry. Paddy Bradley went off injured after a blatant elbow to the back of the head right in front of me and the ref. The ref gave PB a lecture and told him to get up.  2 mins later the same defender hit Skinner a box in the jaw...again no free and a lecture from the ref to the Derry player. Skinner and PB were pulled and dragged all day and rarely was a free given but at the other end when SML and co fouled, which was quite often, there was always a free. In MF too it seemed to me Patsy and Diver were pushed in the back for every kickout and I only remember getting one free for that.  I dont mind a ref being picky or letting the game flow....but he has to be equal to both teams and he certainly wasnt yesterday. But worst of all was in the extra time when Lynn should have given us the equaliser, he was clearly fouled. He should still have got the score, but we should have had a free in about 20m right in front of goals which would have taken it to a replay.
I dont blame Dongal, as I dont think they were dirty or anything but I think the ref was definately biased against Derry.

Anyway good luck to Donegal.....they have the players to get to a semi anyway IMO and I for one will be backing yous in the next round...even if there were two women behind me who came out with some of the worst things I've ever heard at a match, but sure every county has a few pshyco weemin about, but the majority of the Donegal supporters around us were friendly throughout and I was disappointed at the end but at the same time had no problem wishing them the best for the rest of the championship.

Lady GAA GAA

Billy Big Balls with his silverware.  ::)

J70

Quote from: tbrick18 on July 19, 2009, 03:33:23 PM
There are some tools on here too!

There is an influx of moronic, braindead children here every summer. Normally they get bored or are quickly banned.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: southderryman on July 19, 2009, 04:39:46 AM
Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on July 19, 2009, 02:14:18 AM
Yesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss........................!

Rub it up ye, youse Derry bottlers.

Better team won on the night, sure we even did our usual wide show and ye couldn't take advantage!  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Come on the Saffron's tomorrow.

i had previously wished donegal all the best. but if you're gonna be a complete w*nker about it and not accept victory with any degree of graciousness or humility the fcuk ye's

Ah get over yourself, and take it in the spirits (or spirits!) it was meant in.  ;)
Tbc....

Main Street

Don't be encouraging underage drinking.

peterquaife

Quote from: oakleafgael on July 19, 2009, 09:08:10 AM
Quote from: tyrone86 on July 19, 2009, 03:48:06 AM
Quote from: Oakleafer1993 on July 19, 2009, 12:17:27 AM
The referee was a total bullocks - gave nothing to Derry.

Fair play to donegal where up for it and took the game to Derry - who where always on the back foot until the end.

McCloy was taken to the cleaners - the full back line was our achilles heel tonight. Gerald o'Kane was brilliant. Doherty had a very poor game.The second goal was a real sucker punch - believe we could have went on and win the game in extra time if it had not occurred.

I haven't read past this post to see if any Derry supporter has refuted it, but as a total neutral, this is a spin comical Ali couldn't have put on it

The ref had a fine game imo up until the very last kick of the game when there was an very obvious free in not given to Derry which would have drawn the game.

balls he did, he was near as bad as Derry were. Donegal continuosly fouled and disrupted attack after attack and how many yellow cards did they get in normal time? 2nd half produced a tonne of stoppages and how much additional time was given? 2 fcukin minutes

Our neighbours were more hungry, more up for it. The McGee's whilst being annoying hooers did the business, Lacey had another stormer.

Lynch, Skinner, Patsy and Gerd, take a bow. Saturday was a low day, esp as it looked like we had some decent numbers out supporting for a change, but we'll hopefully come good.

And as for anyone asking for Cassidy to be replaced, catch yourselves on. The man deserves @ least a 3 year term.

Doire Abu and good luck to Donegal

PS: can folk stop sniping @ county players, name calling and so forth, you's are a disgrace