Previous topic - Next topic

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: corn02 on July 16, 2009, 11:27:43 AM
Quote from: Our Nail Loney on July 16, 2009, 11:19:45 AM
Quote from: corn02 on July 16, 2009, 11:15:35 AM
Quote from: Our Nail Loney on July 16, 2009, 11:13:10 AM
Quote from: corn02 on July 16, 2009, 09:48:19 AM
Quote from: Lecale2 on July 16, 2009, 09:18:41 AM
Down may not be world beaters but it's still great to be in the Championship in the middle of July.

A weird thing for you in recent years.

End of the day come the middl of August you will not be in it, which will just be as bad as going out as the start of June.

No we were still in the Championship til July last year as well.

And your second statement is ridiculous, you are saying wou would rather Armagh got put out by Monaghan than get another couple of games? Complete lie.

If the thread antagonises you so much don't read it!! Go put on the 2002 DVD again.

Yes in recent years, I did not say last year, read again.

Not a complete lie. I wouldn;t rather it but I wouldn;t rather getting another few games either. Perhaps Down's aspirations are lower over the last few years but getting to a qf or sf is no consolation. If you don;t win the big prize you may as well go out in the first round. So not a complete lie at all. If your not first your last.

Last year is the most recent of the recent years.

Typical bullshit post as well of a team out of the championship, your bitterness is worse than any smugness. Why do most of the teams show up these days seeing as if you're not first you're last. They should just give the cup to Tyrone now.

Sadly you don't seem to understand that years is plural, but hopefully you can grasp that concept to join in this debate properly.

Not bitter in the slightest. If Down reach the last 12 or 8 and you are are celebrating for that reason, well then, that says it all.

Of course I understand plural, I make refernce to plural in my post with the word 'years' . I was just saying your argument isn't any good as last year Down were playing championship football in July, as they were the year before that and as they are this year.

I wouldn't be celebrating if they reached that stage, I would be celebrating that they have gone further than Armagh, which they already have but sure no matter.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on July 16, 2009, 11:37:00 AM

Of course I understand plural, I make refernce to plural in my post with the word 'years' . I was just saying your argument isn't any good as last year Down were playing championship football in July, as they were the year before that and as they are this year.

I wouldn't be celebrating if they reached that stage, I would be celebrating that they have gone further than Armagh, which they already have but sure no matter.

Why would you celebrate a neighbouring team doing better than your own county?
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Trevor Hill

At least we can take some comfort that we are providing an interest for Armagh fans in the remainder of the championship. It must be very hard for them to have to sit at home this weekend with nothing to do, while Down play on Saturday and Tyrone win another Ulster on Sunday. It must be even worse for the Dromintee posters like Corn02 who had to watch Armagh crash out so early in the year when one of their players was apparently "managing" the team.  ;)
Anyway, this thread is about 2 teams that still have an interest in this years All Ireland, can we stick to that please and we`ll leave the Armagh posters to talk about the minor.

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on July 16, 2009, 11:39:10 AM
Quote from: Our Nail Loney on July 16, 2009, 11:37:00 AM

Why would you celebrate a neighbouring team doing better than your own county?

I know ridiculous isn't it, that my parents brought me up going to Down matches, buying me Down tops etc... What right have I to support my parents county when I live right on the border of Armagh and Down.

Nearly as ridiculous as these Irish people claiming to support a foreign team playing a foreign sport, talking about them as if they are part of the backroom team.

'Who are we going to get to replace Ronaldo'

'Now that Ronaldo has gone, we have a chance of closing the gap on them'

As Trevor Hil said I am glad you and corn are getting so much pleasure out of this thread, good on yes.

corn02

Quote from: Trevor Hill on July 16, 2009, 11:44:31 AM
At least we can take some comfort that we are providing an interest for Armagh fans in the remainder of the championship. It must be very hard for them to have to sit at home this weekend with nothing to do, while Down play on Saturday and Tyrone win another Ulster on Sunday. It must be even worse for the Dromintee posters like Corn02 who had to watch Armagh crash out so early in the year when one of their players was apparently "managing" the team.  ;)
Anyway, this thread is about 2 teams that still have an interest in this years All Ireland, can we stick to that please and we`ll leave the Armagh posters to talk about the minor.

Oh boom, boom. The anti-Carr comes up with an unsubstansiated and bullshit jibe in the hope it will rattle me.

Of course it is hard not being involved and seeing Tyrone win. Not hard watching Down because I know we have still probably a better chance of winning Sam this year than they do, and if you don't win it what difference does it matter when you go out?

A poster said it was great being involved in mid-July, I simply pointed out that it doesn;t matter if you go out n Mid July or the start, if you are not walking up the steps of the Hogan in Septemeber then what does it matter?

I would say, at a guess, that Armagh have went further than Down in eight of the last 10 years. That was not a source of celebration for us.

Trevor Hill

In light of the last 10 years? Can you explain that one please, my calculator must be broke, I thought you only won 1 All Ireland  ;)

Oh I forgot, football was invented in 2002.  :D

nrico2006

'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: nrico2006 on July 16, 2009, 11:59:09 AM
Nail, are you not an Armagh man?

Well he's from Armagh but supports Down. Quite understandable he seems to think. Its alright though because he lives "right on the border".

corn02

Quote from: Trevor Hill on July 16, 2009, 11:57:33 AM
In light of the last 10 years? Can you explain that one please, my calculator must be broke, I thought you only won 1 All Ireland  ;)

Oh I forgot, football was invented in 2002.  :D

I fixed it for you, I didn;t say light I meant to say eight.

Football may have only been invented in Armagh in 2002 but it hasn't existed in Down since 1994.

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on July 16, 2009, 12:00:49 PM

Well he's from Armagh but supports Down. Quite understandable he seems to think. Its alright though because he lives "right on the border".

Both my parents are from Down, I was brought up going to Down matches supporting Down. So you are saying I should just start supporting Armagh then?

I think its very understandable for parents to want their children to support the county they are from. Maybe if you inbred South Armagh f**kers ever left your villages you would understand.

5 Sams

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on July 16, 2009, 12:05:27 PM

Both my parents are from Down, I was brought up going to Down matches supporting Down. So you are saying I should just start supporting Armagh then?

I think its very understandable for parents to want their children to support the county they are from. Maybe if you inbred South Armagh f**kers ever left your villages you would understand.

yep...definitely a Down man :D
The Aristocrat Years

corn02

Ohhh getting ratty, TAC I think you hit a nerve. Those north Armagh ones have always disliked us South Armagh ones. Don;t worry ONL, we're all one county.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: corn02 on July 16, 2009, 12:07:14 PM

Ohhh getting ratty, TAC I think you hit a nerve. Those north Armagh ones have always disliked us South Armagh ones. Don;t worry ONL, we're all one county.

Ach I don't care any more. I'm away off to support Monaghan. I'm only a mile from the border ya know and sure I sometimes go to Mass in Oram before getting the petrol so I'm pretty much a Monaghan man anyway.

Now where are those Bradley f**kers?!

corn02

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on July 16, 2009, 12:10:57 PM
Quote from: corn02 on July 16, 2009, 12:07:14 PM

Ach I don't care any more. I'm away off to support Monaghan. I'm only a mile from the border ya know and sure I sometimes go to Mass in Oram before getting the petrol so I'm pretty much a Monaghan man anyway.

Now where are those Bradley f**kers?!

I went to Trabolgan on holidays when I was a young pup so I might see if I can fish out a Crok jersey. Go on the Rebels!

Lecale2

Is there anyway to get to Aughrim avoiding Dublin? How do the tolls on the M1 & M50 operate now?