The annual bonfire/twelfth thread

Started by Gaoth Dobhair Abu, July 08, 2009, 04:39:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the_codger

Quote from: Evil Genius on July 16, 2009, 08:01:28 PM
Quote from: the_codger on July 16, 2009, 07:56:41 PM
I gave you one, Gerry Kelly has lost the support of the ardoyne area and is claiming this to try and brush under the carpet the fact that the ardoyne community does not stilll follow them.  Therefore these people not lying down to the ruc must not be from the area.
So it was Kelly who was lying.

Thank you for that.

Btw, is Father Gary Donegan, Parish Priest in Ardoyne, also out of touch with local people, when he comments as follows:
"Myself and many people were looking at people last night that we'd never seen in the area before in our lives.

"It was as if people had been bussed into the area for this very purpose and that this was being very much orchestrated.

"What do they bring to the area? Nothing, because when they're all gone those residents who live there, day in day out, still are there to pick up the pieces."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/8149203.stm

(Or you don't imagine that Fr. Donegan's flock is deserting him for the "Real Catholic Church", and so is telling porkies to cover up for his loss?  ;))

Do you think the youth actually goes to mass, come on now!

In a way you are confirming that sinn feins new agenda is working and they are bound to be delighted at having a new vote in yourself.

Evil Genius

Quote from: the_codger on July 16, 2009, 08:10:48 PM
Quote from: Evil Genius on July 16, 2009, 08:01:28 PM
I gave you one, Gerry Kelly has lost the support of the ardoyne area and is claiming this to try and brush under the carpet the fact that the ardoyne community does not stilll follow them.  Therefore these people not lying down to the ruc must not be from the area.
So it was Kelly who was lying.

Thank you for that.

Btw, is Father Gary Donegan, Parish Priest in Ardoyne, also out of touch with local people, when he comments as follows:
"Myself and many people were looking at people last night that we'd never seen in the area before in our lives.

"It was as if people had been bussed into the area for this very purpose and that this was being very much orchestrated.

"What do they bring to the area? Nothing, because when they're all gone those residents who live there, day in day out, still are there to pick up the pieces."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/8149203.stm

(Or you don't imagine that Fr. Donegan's flock is deserting him for the "Real Catholic Church", and so is telling porkies to cover up for his loss?  ;))

Do you think the youth actually goes to mass, come on now!

In a way you are confirming that sinn feins new agenda is working

Actually I was enquiring,  from people who might know better about these things than I, about SF's (new) agenda. And in replying, you  were the one who "confirmed" it.

Quote from: the_codger on July 16, 2009, 08:10:48 PM
they are bound to be delighted at having a new vote in yourself.[/b]
You don't imagine I'd vote for a politician who would lie to me about something so serious as that?

What next? That Kelly, like his Party President, was never in the IRA?  ::)
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

the_codger

You don't imagine I'd vote for a politician who would lie to me about something so serious as that?

What next? That Kelly, like his Party President, was never in the IRA?  ::)
[/quote]

Your a clown

carribbear

How come the orangies wouldnt parade on sunday 12th and waited until the monday, when a few years back they were mad to get down drumcree on a sunday after their (devil) worship?

Some hypocrites eh? Remember the hoo-hah about sunday rugby and soccer.

Main Street

Quote from: the_codger on July 16, 2009, 08:33:53 PM
Your a clown

Ach,  show some compassion for the weird obsession syndrome

orangeman

Gerry Kelly has said that the people involved in the rioting were brought in on buses.

Given that there has been rioting 3 nights in a row now, does that mean that the people who were bussed into the area, are still there and still rioting ?.

I see in today's Irish News that the man who was arrested in Ardoyne who belongs to Eirigi, accused a Sinn Fein councillor for informing the PSNI of all that was going on and who was involved.

It looks to me that there is a real conflict now between Sinn Fein and those on the ground who are opposed to the presence of the Orange men.

Another struggle for the hearts and minds ?.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Forward thinking organisation alright!  ::)
He'll be looking photos next.

Orange Order rejects talks appeal 

Drew Nelson said that Sinn Fein should apologise
The Orange Order leadership has rejected a call from Sinn Fein leader Gerry Adams for direct talks between the organisations.

Mr Adams said it was time for the two sides to meet to work out a solution to six outstanding contentious parades.

But, Grand Secretary of the Orange Order Drew Nelson, said there was "no prospect" of the leaderships meeting.

Mr Nelson said if Sinn Fein was sincere Mr Adams should first apologise for the murders of Orangemen by the IRA.

"There is no prospect of a meeting with Sinn Fein at any level in my opinion by the leadership of the Orange Order while they continue to justify and glorify the murders of our members," he said.

"It would be entirely inappropriate to consider meeting with Sinn Fein until Gerry Adams or the leadership of Sinn Fein apologise for the IRA murders of the 275 Orangemen murdered during the Troubles by that terrorist group," he said.

Mr Adams had urged engagement with the Order in the wake of the violence in the Ardoyne area of north Belfast on Monday after a contentious Twelfth of July parade.

The West Belfast MP said Orange culture had a part to play in his vision of a united Ireland but that the six or seven parades which remain an annual source of tension could only be resolved through dialogue.

"They (the Order) talk about being a Christian organisation, about neighbourliness, and I don't dissent from any of that and I don't say any of this to undermine the good decent people who were involved in the Orange, but why on earth can't they come forward and meet us?" he said.

Mr Adams met Portadown Orangemen in 2008, a meeting which was criticised by the Orange leadership.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/8155214.stm
Tbc....

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

What absolute rubbish.
The majority of those rioting wouldn't even be old enough to vote ffs.
Couple of disgruntled dissidents come out blaming SF for the rioting or being PSNI lackeys and all of a sudden Gerry and Martin are losing their seats and SF support is going to implode!  ::) ::) ::)
Tbc....

Orior

What have SF got to do with the parades?

Surely (as pointed out by Donagh) its the residents groups that the OO need to talk to?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Orior on July 17, 2009, 10:17:08 AM

Surely (as pointed out by Donagh) its the residents groups that the OO need to talk to?

As the largest Nationalist party it would be remiss of them not to offer mediation.
Tbc....

Tonto

Quote from: carribbear on July 16, 2009, 09:09:42 PM
How come the orangies wouldnt parade on sunday 12th and waited until the monday, when a few years back they were mad to get down drumcree on a sunday after their (devil) worship?

Some hypocrites eh? Remember the hoo-hah about sunday rugby and soccer.
Hardly hypocritical, the OO in Portadown did parade on the first Sunday of July to Drumcree Church.

Not surprisingly, the 12th of July parades are not church parades. ::)

carribbear

Quote from: Tonto on July 17, 2009, 02:46:38 PM
Not surprisingly, the 12th of July parades are not church parades. ::)

There's a difference?? I forgot, the church parades are peaceful.

Donagh

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on July 17, 2009, 10:35:45 AM
As the largest Nationalist party it would be remiss of them not to offer mediation.

No, SF have said time and time again that the OO must speak directly to the residents to sort it out. Back-door mediation, secret deals, proximity talks etc... are no longer acceptable in Portadown. The Orangemen will have to deal with the residents as equals if they ever want to walk down that road again and given their comments to Adams this morning I doubt very much they ever will. 

Rossfan

Quote from: Donagh on July 17, 2009, 04:23:16 PM
. The Orangemen will have to deal with the residents as equals   

Therin lies the problem.
They cannot conceive of Irish Nationalists/Catholics as being equal to the elite of the master race.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Myles Na G.

Quote from: Orior on July 17, 2009, 10:17:08 AM

Belfast City Airport is something else which causes a bit of conflict to local residents - times of flights, number of flights, types of plane, etc etc. Local residents groups have been fighting the company that runs the airport for years. Yet their interests (the right to peace and quiet being one) are often traded off against the interests of the wider community - our right to access cheap and convenient flights, the needs of the local economy, etc etc. The same should apply with parades, IMHO. Contentious parades have the capacity to bring this place to a halt, to damage the economy, to cause injury and loss of life. They're far too important to be left to twats like Brendan McKenna of Earwigi or Drew Nelson to sort out. The elected representatives of the main parties should reach an agreement and local residents / orange lodges should live with the outcome.