2009 Ashes

Started by lob her in lad, July 08, 2009, 11:42:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doogie Browser

Lets say Aussies are all out for 150-170, England have a lead of 160-180 so a knock of 250+ puts them in pole position for the series, some turnaround.

Mr. Nakata

England 3/10, Aussies 7/2, draw 14/1 currently. As long as England don't collapse, they have it in the bag.

bingobus

What an English like collapse. On that wicket surely a lead of round 300 for England would be enough? If they bat for 200-250 and get the Aussies out shortly they'll be home? Must remember its England though.

Looking forward to it tomorrow. Pity no Irishmen palying for them  ;)

Anyone see the documentary on ESPN called an Aussie goes Barmy. Its basically an Aussie bloke who followed the last Ashes tour down under with the Barmy Army. Good show, and them blokes drink some stuff!! All day in the sun drinking beer and out at night on town. Some punishment!

Norf Tyrone

This is going to be a clinker of a finish. I'll be honest and thought that England's 330 odd was respectable enough of a score, and thought they were still in the game. However all the pundits on SKY and in the papers wrote them off, and made me doubt myself. I wonder what odds Eng were for the ashes this morning.

It's a game now where every single run matters, as it's going to be close. I think England will get 170, 180, which gives them a healthy lead.

The Aussies will have two days to hunt it down, but that softly, softly is not really their style. I reckon England will skittle them for 200 ish around throw in time on Sunday.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Mr. Nakata

IR Bell is one of the most frustrating cricketers out there. Undoubted talent, but when needed most he throws his wicket away. Cook and Collingwood as well, when composure was needed they bottle it. I don't think this is over by a long stretch. Strauss and Trott looked composed at the end of play, but the Aussies will throw everything in the tank at them tomorrow morning. That wicket is a shocker. England could be knocked over by lunchtime tomorrow. Hopefully not. What a spell of bowling today from Broad. Great atmosphere at the oval. Should be sensational viewing. Can't wait.

Eastern_Pride

Is there any chance that England can feck it up now?
Do you think Usain Bolt could replace Thomas Walsh?

Mr. Nakata

England were bowled out for 102 at Headingley in the last test match. If any team can fcuk this up, it's them. However, they have a decent lead and the wicket is deteriorating badly which is to their advantage. I'll be stunned and gutted if they do not win the Ashes back off the Aussies from this position.

DennistheMenace

English mentality innit.

Eastern_Pride

Do you think Usain Bolt could replace Thomas Walsh?

dillinger

Quote from: Eastern_Pride on August 21, 2009, 10:58:08 PM
Is there any chance that England can feck it up now?

England crickers do that? I reckon they will get 210, should be enough. :)

Norf Tyrone

England are effectivelly 230-3 on a deterioring wicket. I can't see any result bar an England win.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

magpie seanie

I don't think even England will fcuk this up now, can they? They should add at least 100 more and its near impossible to see the Aussies getting over 300 to win on a dog of a pitch.

Chrisowc

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on August 22, 2009, 01:16:47 AM
England are effectivelly 230-3 on a deterioring wicket. I can't see any result bar an England win.

The wicket is turning square!.  There was some uneven bounce late yesterday as well which isn't much fun for the batsmen.

This Australia team are fairly inexperienced and don't seem to be able to handle pressure.  Playing at Lords got to them and when the pressure was building yesterday, again they failed.
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

Chrisowc

Quote from: A Quinn Martin Production on August 07, 2009, 05:08:18 PM
Followed quickly by Ponting for 78 to the worst bowler in Test cricket Stuart Broad.  140-3.  Mini comeback by England

Just noticed this  ;D

He got him again yesterday.

Chrisowc

Quote from: bingobus on August 21, 2009, 05:03:19 PM
What an English like collapse. On that wicket surely a lead of round 300 for England would be enough? If they bat for 200-250 and get the Aussies out shortly they'll be home? Must remember its England though.

Looking forward to it tomorrow. Pity no Irishmen palying for them  ;)

Anyone see the documentary on ESPN called an Aussie goes Barmy. Its basically an Aussie bloke who followed the last Ashes tour down under with the Barmy Army. Good show, and them blokes drink some stuff!! All day in the sun drinking beer and out at night on town. Some punishment!

I've seen that and it's helped me talk the Mrs into going to the Ashes 2010/11, work permitting.  I met a few of those boys when England played Ireland in 2006 and they were a good laugh.

There isn't any room for Irishmen in the team because it's full of South Africans.