Bradley quits Derry county panel

Started by GrandMasterFlash, July 06, 2009, 11:51:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maguire01

Quote from: full back on July 06, 2009, 12:21:03 PM
From what I have seen of Dessie, I would say Dessie was doing the 'marking' rather than Paddy
You would hope so, with Dessie being the defender.  ::)

Fuzzman

He mustn't have liked Cassidy's plan to use him as a decoy or something.

I'd imagine Cassidy told him that he needs to pull Monaghan defenders out of position and so Paddy will need to roam much further out the field and even act as a decoy to take 2 men with him.

Won't be too surprised if they work it out or maybe he's been offered a lot of money to go to America.
What does he work at?

All speculation by me so I'm not starting any rumours

Fluffysocks

Quote from: Maguire01 on July 06, 2009, 01:27:00 PM
From what I have seen of Dessie, I would say Dessie was doing the 'marking' rather than Paddy

dessie takes 'marking' all too literally!!!
he must be some annoying hure to come up against, worse than ricey some players will tell u

Fluffysocks

its antrim's press night tonighht i  believe,
Baker won't be too happy at 'patrick' taking away most of his limelight!!!!
can u imagine how many questions he will be asked bout that one?

downredblack

Quote from: Fluffysocks on July 06, 2009, 01:36:50 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on July 06, 2009, 01:27:00 PM

dessie takes 'marking' all too literally!!!
he must be some annoying hure to come up against, worse than ricey some players will tell u

Seen his tricks whilst marking Coulter in Newry a few yrs ago , would have walked if the umpire had of had the steelers . Benny pretending to smoke a cigar brought a smile .

irunthev

Bradley is an exceptional player but with a shocking attitude. Every other year there is another epic Bradley cliff hanger presented to us courtesy of the man himself. Surely when his career is over he will look back with emabarrassment on some of the nonsense that has centred around him. I have it on good authority from a source in Derry that this is a man who has been pampered and spoiled by both the county and his club over recent years. I would imagine that any manager who has had to handle him has probably had to invest twice as much time in this prima donna as the rest of the panel put together. If he is gone, then good luck to him and hopefully Derry will prove that they are a force without him. The danger of course is that the brother will walk too because no one has made a big enough fuss of trying to get Paddy back. A player of high ability but with an even higher opinion of his own worth.

tyrone86

Quote from: tyrone86 on July 06, 2009, 01:22:52 PM
McCloy confirms on radio Foyle. Apparently he wasn't happy with the way things are going and is done with County Football

Mea culpa, I was told it was Seamus McCloy as it turns out it was Seamus Mullan - not as reliable as I first thought - 17.45 in.

[http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00lkrfm/News_at_One_06_07_2009/

nrico2006

I believe he is a teacher and will more than likely end up in the states.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

tyrone86

Quote from: nrico2006 on July 06, 2009, 02:37:06 PM
I believe he is a teacher and will more than likely end up in the states.

Deadline was 1st of July.

Zapatista

We are to often preaching about how if a player isn't happy at it they should quit (especially with recent controversy). No one if forcing them to play. When they do decide to quit we can't complain.

Best of luck to him.

glens abu

maybe he can come to Antrim and CJ can go to Derry >:(better still maybe they can call for the other Mcgourty Kevin and go and play with themselves,the only thing is they will need 3 balls.

OverThePostsAWide

Quote from: glens abu on July 06, 2009, 02:51:08 PM
maybe he can come to Antrim and CJ can go to Derry >:(better still maybe they can call for the other Mcgourty Kevin and go and play with themselves,the only thing is they will need 3 balls.

Therein lies the problem for all 3 methinks...

INDIANA

Some thing has to be completely wrong in the camp for that to happen. Thats Derry's chances gone of achieving anything this year. You don't have to like any of your players as a manager but you have to be able to manage them. Not everyone has the same personality.

Fuzzman

He's a selfish git and probably never considered the amount of havoc he will cause to so many people's fantasy football teams.

Skinner might be delighted cos he can play at 14 now and be the main man.
Maybe skinner gave Dessie Paddy's girlfriends mobile No to write it on his hand or something.