Munster Final - Tipp v Waterford 12.7.09 - here's hoping for a classic.

Started by orangeman, July 05, 2009, 09:12:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

There is a piece later on TV tonight previewing Sunday's match and reviewing the finals that went before.

I'm looking forward to it on the Sunday game later on.

Tipp to win by the narrowest of margins in an epic encounter next Sunday.

Gnevin

Am sick of all the Munster hype. Fecking RTÉ ruined the Sunday Game yesterday so they could blow hard about Munster for 90 minutes
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Reillers

Why? Nothing much, imo, beats a good day out in Munster.

What should they have done instead?

Gnevin

Quote from: Reillers on July 06, 2009, 11:55:16 PM

Shown highlight of the weekends action ?  I mean the 2 minutes of Monaghan v Armagh gave me great insight   ::)
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Reillers

Quote from: Gnevin on July 07, 2009, 12:08:45 AM

Shown highlight of the weekends action ?  I mean the 2 minutes of Monaghan v Armagh gave me great insight   ::)

Football gets enough attention, all the time. Hell even here, there's the GAA section, and then there's hurling, a bit of Munster hurling is needed from time to time.

Gnevin

Quote from: Reillers on July 07, 2009, 01:04:57 AM

Football gets enough attention, all the time. Hell even here, there's the GAA section, and then there's hurling, a bit of Munster hurling is needed from time to time.

No one is  suggesting the Munster final isn't often a great a occasion, however the way some people carry on you'd swear it was 125 (ok no quite that many) great finals on the trot and sure  AI is just that annoying game at the end of year after the real stuff in Munster is over with .

didlyi

We have seen enough of rubbish football this year and last weekend wasnt much better. Thank God we have 2 big hurling matches this weekend. The choice of football qualifiers is so bad for the coming weekend that RTE are having difficulty picking a worthwhile match to show.

Bing Crosby .

Sorry to disappoint any of you who care to moan about an excellent Sunday Game show last Sunday eve but tough titty .
The only watchable game of football so far this year was Sunday's Munster Final . This was down to the pure intensity of the Limerick power play .
If you didn't like watching the true giants of yesteryear's hurling world then you shouldn't have bothered watching it .

Reillers

Quote from: Gnevin on July 07, 2009, 09:27:14 AM

No one is  suggesting the Munster final isn't often a great a occasion, however the way some people carry on you'd swear it was 125 (ok no quite that many) great finals on the trot and sure  AI is just that annoying game at the end of year after the real stuff in Munster is over with .

Ah now you're learning.  ;) ;)

Football gets all the attention, all the media love. God like do you remember the 125 years special thing from the Late Late. I think they mentioned hurling once for about 25 seconds. It was all football. It was a joke.
So hurling got the headlines for once. As it should. The GAA would be nothing without the Munster Championship.  ;) ;)

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on July 07, 2009, 11:32:43 AM
Quote from: Gnevin on July 07, 2009, 09:27:14 AM

The GAA would be nothing with the Munster Championship.  ;) ;)

Thanks for confirming that Reillers.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Bing Crosby . on July 07, 2009, 09:53:50 AM

Sorry to disappoint any of you who care to moan about an excellent Sunday Game show last Sunday eve but tough titty .
The only watchable game of football so far this year was Sunday's Munster Final . This was down to the pure intensity of the Limerick power play .
If you didn't like watching the true giants of yesteryear's hurling world then you shouldn't have bothered watching it .

Yes, that's what it was, who cares about yesteryear's greats anyway? All in the past. Like Munster's last AI champion was way back in 2005 believe it or not. I wonder why didn't they do a show about Leinster football as well. Afterall, their final is on on Sunday too.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Gnevin

The Sunday Game is meant to be a highlights show not a fecking Magazine show, The Road to Croker is meant to be a magazine show but that does start till the season is half over and sure they've changed the format this year .

Bing Crosby .

I'm not too sure why they didn't do a special on the Leinster Football Final to be honest . Is it possibly because it's too dull ? I think maybe that could be the reason .
If hurling isn't your thing well then I suppose I can understand why that show didn't tickle your fancy . It's difficult to understand but I can .

Let's be honest here but to be suggesting that 4 years without a Munster senior AI Hurling winner is a long time is a completely disingenous to a fine KK side .
Cycles my friend cycles , everything is cyclicle .

I expect Waterford to win this Sunday BTW  in a an exciting tight cracker of a match .

Bing Crosby .

Quote from: Gnevin on July 07, 2009, 12:20:13 PM

The Sunday Game is meant to be a highlights show not a fecking Magazine show, The Road to Croker is meant to be a magazine show but that does start till the season is half over and sure they've changed the format this year .

Don't be complaining to me about it , if your that upset you should be getting onto RTE and let them know about  it   .
I personally thought it was a fantastic show .

Glensman

They could maybe have shown two minutes of the flipping Antrim laois qualifier as well.
A complete joke.
Watched the Sunday Game last night (recorded)...at warp speed to get highlights of the Antrim match and there was nothing there.

Stopped and watch a bit of Davy Fitz's interview re Sunday...the girlfriend found it hard to believe that that wee man was a legend (using this loosely enough before everyone jumps down my throat) of the game.