Wexford v Roscommon Sat July 11th

Started by Azzurri, July 05, 2009, 07:44:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Denn Forever

Thanks.  nd for my sins, at 19.00hrs I will.....
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Flirtyflan

ross matt

Draw after extra time. Replay next saturday in the hyde. Well done Fergie. Some pride and self respect restored and extra match will give us much needed match time. Seemed like a really tough dogged match where heart counted.

ross4life

yep well done fergie & the boys :) thats all we rossies fans ask for (pride & passion in the jersey)

should be another tight game next week hopefully wexford are such hot favourites again  ;)

it's worth noting Kerry Ref Aidan Mangan was awful & if Shine had his scoring boots on we would have won with plenty to spare
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Barney

Fair play to Ros.

Great way to pick themselves up. A lot of big name teams have struggled to win in Wexford Park over the last few years and after the Mayo game ye were really up against it.

A win, and a decent draw and the Castlebar game will be forgotten and a good basis to build on for next year.

I'm sure O'Donnell and co will relish Connacht 2010 where they will have home advantage against Mayo, Galway or Leitrim and possibly Sligo?

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Barney on July 11, 2009, 08:33:42 PM
Fair play to Ros.

Great way to pick themselves up. A lot of big name teams have struggled to win in Wexford Park over the last few years and after the Mayo game ye were really up against it.

A win, and a decent draw and the Castlebar game will be forgotten and a good basis to build on for next year.

I'm sure O'Donnell and co will relish Connacht 2010 where they will have home advantage against Mayo, Galway or Leitrim and possibly Sligo?

Unfortunetly if we play Roscommon in CSFC next yr we are at home.

Fair play to Ros but like the Leitrim game wexford without mattie and given wexfords form in 09 this result is deceiving.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

ross4life

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on July 12, 2009, 05:21:20 AM
Quote from: Barney on July 11, 2009, 08:33:42 PM
Fair play to Ros.

Unfortunetly if we play Roscommon in CSFC next yr we are at home.

Fair play to Ros but like the Leitrim game wexford without mattie and given wexfords form in 09 this result is deceiving.

And at the end of the day us three are at the same level  8)Roscommmon Wexford & Sligo Are Div 3 Teams!! ;)
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Rossfan

Home at last from Wexford via Co Kildare and the Leinster Final.
We got our pride back yesterday in a battling performance following our (again) disaster at the start...a Wexford goal in 20 secs.
Some stirring performances on the wettest day I've seen anywhere for many a day.
Brady/McDermott/Keenan/Domican/Higgins/Kilbride all excellent but what about Cathal Cregg in his first game this year after his bad injury. Every blade of grass was  covered by him in one of the best showings by a Ros man for many a day.
Kevin Higgins was excellent when he came on getting two vital points into the bargain.
In the end a draw was f air enough as it would have been rough on any team to lose after a tight tense battle in a bloody monsoon.
Now we have to do it all over again (Sat presumably) so let's get down to it lads.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

heineken_on_tap

Great performance from the lads given what had gone before and the weather conditions. Both sides will fancy their chances the next day. Some serious performances alright but Cathal cregg was immense.

Countdown to the weekend again now.