Westmeath v Meath

Started by Jinxy, July 05, 2009, 06:42:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejuice

As good a team as we can pick at the minute. Good to have S Bray back, though he hasnt quite reached the form of 2007.

yeah, Im dissappointed at how quiet it has been, thought there would be right slagging going on for this as there was at the start of the decade. Sure around 2001 2002, this game would have brought over 40K to Corker. pity really.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

gerrykeegan

The Heart is not in it, the Keegans mam and Dad are 50 years married this weekend so we are all away with them, we are having dinner at 7.00 so will miss everything.
Funnilly in 2003 It was my dads 70th and we were all away, and missed the reply (after Dessie's miss) we were having dinner when they game was on and came out to Olllie Murphy score and we knew we had so missed our chance. We can but hope this weekend.

2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

Iarmhí Abú.

It's funny how the enthusiasm wanes when things look bleak.  I'm not sure how this will go.  We could rise because it's Meath and have a decent game or it could be more of the previous installment.  Either way I don't see much future currently.  I don't detect much life from my Meath buddies either.  There could be quite a small crowd at this one.

Croí na hÉireann

It certainly is a low key build up, will be amazed if we get anywhere near the crowd that piled in for the O'Byrne Cup in 04.

On the team, well amazed he's gone with the same half back line, thank fcuk Natchie has made it anyway. Good to see Shaugho back in the middle, hopefully he has 70 mins in him, Flanagan certainly didn't deserve to get near the team after the last day. Surprised Smyth was dropped, he was one of the few who tried against the Dubs even if his passing wasn't great. Don't think Willo can do a job at half forward anymore so good to see Sharry get a run. Expect Harte to drop back and he will need to get through some amount of work to make up for the last day.

Eastmeath team looks strong in the forwards but I think we can get at them in defence. First time in a long time we've put four scoring forwards out, if our defence can find form and our midfield can hold theirs then we have a right chance. This weekend is not about turning over the enemy for me, it's about righting the wrongs of the last few outings and showing pride in the jersey again, getting the Eastmeath monkey off our backs will be a bonus. We'll see tomorrow where we're at and more importantly where we're headed...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

gerrykeegan

Croi

Sent you a PM there

Gerry
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

thejuice

Well job done. Some bad wides and Cian Ward kicking frees wide seem to be the biggest question marks. Wonder will Farrell keep his position.

Pity about these qualifiers coming thick and fast, I cant afford to get home. Would like to get to see the games
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

TacadoirArdMhacha

Tomás O Flathartha just resigned.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

orangeman

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on July 11, 2009, 09:00:50 PM
Tomás O Flathartha just resigned.

His resignation was widely anticipated. It hasn't been a good year and Liam probably stayed on a year too long.

JMohan

Quote from: thejuice on July 11, 2009, 08:44:54 PM
Well job done. Some bad wides and Cian Ward kicking frees wide seem to be the biggest question marks. Wonder will Farrell keep his position.

Pity about these qualifiers coming thick and fast, I cant afford to get home. Would like to get to see the games

Thejuice ...

Is the Meath bandwagon back on track?

Is it real progress or a stop gap

Farrandeelin

What's that report I see on hoganstand about trouble at the turnstiles??
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

meathie

Enjoyed the game on sat, apart from being soaked to the bone!! Good to see some heart and guts in the team again. A different team than that who played the Dubs in June, thankfully! Of course its hard to know as with no disrespect, we've played two very weak teams so far, so the usual are we impoving or were they really bad? It was great to see Joe havin the game of his life, he was super on sat. I think Farrell may/should lose his position. Sad to see but he is not in form this year at all. On sat he could not catch one ball. Bad conditions and all but no excuse, his confidence has gone this season, hopefully he will be back again tho, serious player when in form. Thought our half backs were brill on sat too which really made me happy, good to see the team working together as a unit again. We.'ve nothing to fear now, just go out the next day and keep this up, who knows we may be in the last 8 yet.