Monaghan v Derry

Started by Maguire01, July 05, 2009, 06:15:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

Quote from: Maguire01 on July 07, 2009, 01:27:13 PM
I didn't expect the CCCC to be too bothered about anything in Saturday's game. And with only a week until the next game they'd never get around to processing a case anyway!
Doesn´t the ref has the option of adding stuff in to his match report based on extra evidence?
But as you say, there was nothing of note to get on a high horse about.

Maguire01

Quote from: SouthDerryGael on July 07, 2009, 01:37:19 PM
Quote from: Main Street on July 07, 2009, 01:33:17 PM
Quote from: SouthDerryGael on July 07, 2009, 01:14:33 PM
Quote from: Main Street on July 07, 2009, 12:49:37 PM
What was the attendance for the last game against Armagh? 10K?

This will be the 6th live televised game for Monaghan this year.
Strange times we live in.

No rumpus about Rory Woods (the phantom puncher) either?
Maybe the RTE panel were not loud enough to wake up the CCCC

RTE said nothing about it. Rory Woods goes into every game without any intention of playing football, he justgoes into be as annoying and mouthy a b**tard as he can while throwing his weight about (and believe me that's alot of weight))
Another kid, trolling the same tune.
Come back when you have an intention of adding something (which at least has some variety) to the thread  instead of mouthing off and doing your best to be an annoying fecker. Otherwise, you might find the comments page in  Youtube are more to your standard.

Nothing like avoiding my original point, rather you prefer to act condescending and superior, assume I am a young fella and know little about what i speak about,. Are you denying that Rory Woods goes into the majority of games with little intention of playing football? I never in my years of watching football have seen a man get involved with so many thing that have jack shit to do with him. He's always the 3rd man on the scene trying to cause bother. Try and deny it if you wish but I am quite confident that the majority of posters on here outside of Monaghan will agree.
I think it's just that you're a bit of a stuck record with this. If you've said it once, you've said it 10 times at this stage. And now you're getting into personal abuse.

No one is denying that Woods has been in the thick of a number of incidents and that he gets involved where he shouldn't, but to say he never goes out with the intention of playing football is crap. He was MOTM against Kerry in 2007 and against Donegal last year and whilst he hasn't been at his best so far this year, he still did enough in the first half against Armagh on Saturday.

Maguire01

Quote from: Main Street on July 07, 2009, 01:42:18 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on July 07, 2009, 01:27:13 PM
I didn't expect the CCCC to be too bothered about anything in Saturday's game. And with only a week until the next game they'd never get around to processing a case anyway!
Doesn´t the ref has the option of adding stuff in to his match report based on extra evidence?
But as you say, there was nothing of note to get on a high horse about.
Not 100% sure on the refs report, but yes, if the game wasn't be scrutinised to death in the context of the previous game, no one would be raising too much fuss about anything from Saturday.

cusack og

Quote from: donelli on July 06, 2009, 09:57:54 PM
This 3pm throw in time for saturday will keep the crowds well down. Very early in the day, on a day a lot of folk work.
And all for showing on tv, even though there is 2 more games on afterwards!!
i predict a lot less attendance than last saturdays game.
we'll be lucky to have 5-6,000 at the game.

I can already hear the RTE pundits coming out with stuff like 'the supporters are voting with their feet' and that fans are 'fed up with the ulster slogging match' when they realise that saturday's attendance will be down on previous games when in reality the time and day of the fixture are the main factors. I myself could struggle to make the game because of the time alone.

The sort of thing Tommy Lyons or Bernard Flynn would let out of them.

Maguire01

Quote from: cusack og on July 07, 2009, 03:49:57 PM
Quote from: donelli on July 06, 2009, 09:57:54 PM
This 3pm throw in time for saturday will keep the crowds well down. Very early in the day, on a day a lot of folk work.
And all for showing on tv, even though there is 2 more games on afterwards!!
i predict a lot less attendance than last saturdays game.
we'll be lucky to have 5-6,000 at the game.

I can already hear the RTE pundits coming out with stuff like 'the supporters are voting with their feet' and that fans are 'fed up with the ulster slogging match' when they realise that saturday's attendance will be down on previous games when in reality the time and day of the fixture are the main factors. I myself could struggle to make the game because of the time alone.

The sort of thing Tommy Lyons or Bernard Flynn would let out of them.
The game is on a Saturday;
It's on at 3.00 in the afternoon, when many are still working;
It's live on TV;
Derry don't travel in huge numbers;
Oxegen is on this weekend; and
Bruce is playing the RDS on Saturday.

If there 2 men and a dog at the game it will be a result!

thebandit

They were really thinking oof the supporters when they fixed it for 3 on a Saturday afternoon in fairness.

Maguire01

QuoteFreeman in limbo
07 July 2009

For Tomas Freeman this Saturday is another gut wrenching experience as he sits out the game against Derry in the All Ireland qualifiers, the second game he has missed following the imposition of an 8 weeks penalty for an alleged incident in the game against Derry on May 24th. To say that Tomas Freeman is a victim of bureaucracy would not be an overstatement by any stretch of imagination as his efforts to gain some measure of justice have been thwarted at every turn. The final avenue of appeal in all matters in the GAA now is that the DRA but Freeman was even denied that, his appeal not even heard and deemed out of order as "all avenues within the GAA system had not been exhausted". He availed of the initial hearing after the proposed penalty had been notified to him, that failed while the case of the two Derry players succeeded, he appealed that decision and won the appeal but did not benefit from the victory as the technicalities on which he won the appeal were deemed to be "administrative errors" and the matter was sent back for "reprocessing" with the result that the penalty stood. Having gone that route the only other avenue available was to go directly to the DRA. That hearing took place on Friday night last but following an objection by the Central Appeals Committee regarding his rights to go to the DRA at this stage, his appeal was ruled out of order and he is now the victim of the system that was put in place to supposedly avoid what has happened here in that he did not even benefit from either the rules of the Association or natural justice. Tomas Freeman's 8 week suspension expires on Saturday week, July 18th at 12 midnight which means that should Monaghan progress against Derry he will miss the following game as well. The injustice will be felt even more when he sees two Derry players in action that were suspended for something that actually happened while his was an "attempted" incident. It really does take some understanding. 

http://www.hoganstand.com/Monaghan/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=114476

What the hell does that mean? That implies that if he goes through some other stage it will then be okay to go back to the DRA. Although it does appear than Monaghan have given up chasing this one. Madness.

SidelineKick

If I dont go it'll be one of the very few games I've missed all year, but I just dont know if I could be bothered. With it being on tv and everything I may decide to sit on a high stool.

I see something similar to Armagh 2 years ago....the Derry 500 (which was actually more like the Derry Dozen).
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

doodaa

Quote from: SidelineKick on July 07, 2009, 06:18:53 PM
If I dont go it'll be one of the very few games I've missed all year, but I just dont know if I could be bothered. With it being on tv and everything I may decide to sit on a high stool.

I see something similar to Armagh 2 years ago....the Derry 500 (which was actually more like the Derry Dozen).

Jaysus does that mean we have to listen to the "real derry supporters" harping on about it for the next few months if Derry win!?!??!

"I was one of the Derry 500 blah blah blah....."

Keyser soze

Tommy Freeman has been really hard done by, the disciplinary process is a joke.

Mike Sheehy

QuoteHe was MOTM against Kerry in 2007

We brought out the best in him. You lads should be thankful for what a fair and sporting team we are. It was probably the highlight of his career.

Maguire01

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on July 07, 2009, 09:00:56 PM

We brought out the best in him. You lads should be thankful for what a fair and sporting team we are. It was probably the highlight of his career.

What a load of crap. You have plenty of your own discipline problems.
As for it being the highlight of his career, I remember him being presented with the award after the match and being so disappointed with the result that winning MOTM was irrelevant.

whiskeysteve

Quote from: Maguire01 on July 07, 2009, 09:15:51 PM
Quote from: Mike Sheehy on July 07, 2009, 09:00:56 PM

What a load of crap. You have plenty of your own discipline problems.
As for it being the highlight of his career, I remember him being presented with the award after the match and being so disappointed with the result that winning MOTM was irrelevant.

True, it was as gutted a man of the match i've ever seen
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

High Wide and Handsome

I agree with most here. Think the attendence on suday is going to be a disaster. Cant see people travelling to this game in droves. Only reason why I'm going is that I'm heading on to Dublin for a concert.

Last weeks Monaghan Armagh match would have put you off football!
"Swing er over!"

turf123

im working so they definitely should change it...