Monaghan v Derry

Started by Maguire01, July 05, 2009, 06:15:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maguire01

Quote from: JMohan on July 05, 2009, 06:32:24 PM
Quote from: Trevor Hill on July 05, 2009, 06:31:01 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on July 05, 2009, 06:15:47 PM
Let the battle commence!

And it will be a battle, not one for the purists, but it will be the live game next week. Monaghan may just shade this as Derry just dont have the stomach for a fight, especially after their display against Tyrone.
Agree completely
Doubt about Cassidy has set in too
It'll be Monaghans to lose
;)

Winnie Peg

Let's hope this game isn't televised. I propose to let these two sets of muck savages at eachother behind closed doors!

orangeman

Derry should win this one easy. Tommy's loss is massive - Doherty back is a HUGE boost for Derry.

JMohan

Quote from: SouthDerryGael on July 05, 2009, 06:33:25 PM
Let the battle commence!

And it will be a battle, not one for the purists, but it will be the live game next week. Monaghan may just shade this as Derry just dont have the stomach for a fight, especially after their display against Tyrone.

Totally disagree, Muldoon, Doc, Mullan Mc Cusker, Patsy Bradley all back Monaghan minus Freeman? Think we are more than a match for them.
Derry have had a bad beating against Tyrone, played badly, doubt the management, have no new players since the game - (only lost McCloy and maybe Cartin)

Monaghan just after a tough game that they learned a lot in, have learned how to play without Freeman, have motivation ...

JMohan

Quote from: orangeman on July 05, 2009, 06:38:06 PM
Derry should win this one easy. Tommy's loss is massive - Doherty back is a HUGE boost for Derry.
Banty was a clown to try and go to the CCCCCC with no legal advice when he sees Doherty back on the field

Maguire01

Quote from: SouthDerryGael on July 05, 2009, 06:41:25 PM
Monaghan learned sweet feck all in last night game, only how to be even more sly when throwing the punches and the underhand tactics. I hope for the sake of football we finally knock them out.
Change the record.

JMohan

Quote from: JMohan on July 05, 2009, 06:38:58 PM
Let the battle commence!

Totally disagree, Muldoon, Doc, Mullan Mc Cusker, Patsy Bradley all back Monaghan minus Freeman? Think we are more than a match for them.
Derry have had a bad beating against Tyrone, played badly, doubt the management, have no new players since the game - (only lost McCloy and maybe Cartin)

Monaghan just after a tough game that they learned a lot in, have learned how to play without Freeman, have motivation ...

Doc, Mullan, Patsy Bradley, Muldoon....?

Monaghan learned sweet feck all in last night game, only how to be even more sly when throwing the punches and the underhand tactics. I hope for the sake of football we finally knock them out.
Mullan & Doc played against Monaghan
Patsy might be a help - he was shocking last year against Monaghan
Is Muldoon fit to play?

Overthebar!

if derry win thatll be the end of banty......

tyronefan

Quote from: JMohan on July 05, 2009, 06:38:58 PM
Let the battle commence!

Doc, Mullan, Patsy Bradley, Muldoon....?

you's are no great addition to football yourselves SDG

JMohan

Quote from: Overthebar! on July 05, 2009, 06:43:42 PM
Well last night was supposed to be that ....

Trevor Hill

And what of Cassidy if Derry lose?

Maguire01

It was pretty much expected that this would be Banty's final year anyway. The result of next week's match is unlikely to sway his decision one way or the other.

Schkite

Monaghan's to lose?!  :D

Banty will go after this season is over, I'm sure of that. But he certainly won't want to go at the hands of Derry. He'll have the team fierce fired up for this one!  :o

Main Street

I had to laugh when it was Derry in the away ball.
It was either going to be Kerry or Derry ::)

I enjoyed the last (double) thread pre game with the Armagh posters,
I suppose it's back to basics with this thread.

Glad it's in Clones.  The first qual done and dusted will have Monaghan in fine fettle for this one.
The spirit, teamwork and defense are on song, all we need is some final play finesse and better finishing (a mere minor detail).
Pendulum has slightly swung towards Monghan. But probably Derry will be slight favourites.

Jinxy

I think TV3 will have this game will they?
So no Brolly action.
If you were any use you'd be playing.