2009 - the year of the 'soft all ireland'

Started by highorlow, July 05, 2009, 02:45:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

highorlow

Half Time in Munster Final with Limerick 3 points up and after last nights back door results I thought it was time to kick off this topic.

Is it the changing of the guard like 87, 91, 95 and 98 ?

A lot of the nearly teams over the last 20 years can fancy there chances this year IMO.

These include, Mayo, Kildare, Limerick and em Dublin.
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Maguire01

Limerick, for the All Ireland? Are you having a laugh?
I can't see any Division 4 team winning an All Ireland, no matter how 'soft' of a year it might be.

orangeman

Hold your wished man !! It's only half time for God's sake.  ;)

comethekingdom

tis Tyrones to throw away imo. With us out of the running and Cork looking very poor for an AI based on that 1st half performance there's very few other counties to put it up to the nordies.

Maguire01

Quote from: comethekingdom on July 05, 2009, 02:57:30 PM
tis Tyrones to throw away imo. With us out of the running and Cork looking very poor for an AI based on that 1st half performance there's very few other counties to put it up to the nordies.
::)

comethekingdom

with div 4 Limerick all over a Cork that hammered us, you'd have to agree?

GalwayBayBoy

Limerick are giving them bags of it. Fair play to them.

Barney

I think there is a "soft" one to be won but Tyrone still look head and shoulders ahead of everybody.

Out of the teams in the Qualifiers only Kerry would seem to have the capability, but they have to get their act together big time.

The winner of Mayo/Galway should have a good shot.

As should the winner of Dublin/Kildare.

The losers of those two games may take out a big gun but won't go the whole way.

If the Dubs could keep their heads they may just get to the third Sunday in September and on one day....

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Maguire01 on July 05, 2009, 02:50:41 PM
I can't see any Division 4 team winning an All Ireland, no matter how 'soft' of a year it might be.

Ah maguire. Div 4 teams have been doing quite well this year have they not? Anyhow, I think Monaghan would be more suited to Sumo wrestling than football - is there an all ireland in that? :D

Maguire01

Quote from: comethekingdom on July 05, 2009, 03:02:28 PM
with div 4 Limerick all over a Cork that hammered us, you'd have to agree?
You're not out of the running until you're out.

Maguire01

Quote from: mylestheslasher on July 05, 2009, 03:43:49 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on July 05, 2009, 02:50:41 PM

Ah maguire. Div 4 teams have been doing quite well this year have they not?
Some of the Division 4 teams have been doing okay, but none of them are likely to be landing an All Ireland, 'soft' or otherwise.