Brolly is a Tool - Huge banner at Monaghan v Armagh match

Started by Roashter, July 04, 2009, 07:44:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Gs Man

I didn't catch on to what it meant at all until I came on here......

I thought "An umbrella is a a tool"......... and?

Thanks for clearing it up for me anyway. (Im not blonde by the way)
Keep 'er lit

StGallsGAA

Surely it was only a bit of craic and should be taken as such?

I wonder wht they'd do if it said "Spillane is a C*nt?"

Pangurban

Disgusting behaviour, and a clear breach of rules, should have been removed. These people would be more at home in a soccer ground, we dont need their kind. As for being tongue in cheek, or a bit of a laugh, i view it more as a thin end of the wedge, which if tolerated could be much worse next time. The line needs to be firmly drawn now

Maguire01

Quote from: DoYerJob Linesman on July 04, 2009, 11:40:32 PM
The banner and its non removal was absolutely disgusting.

Whether you love or hate Brolly, idiots shouldnt be given the opportunity to publicly abuse him on national TV.  Put yourself in his shoes, some laugh alright.   ::)
2 things:
1 - Brolly said he was "delighted" that Monaghan were out after the Derry game. As a pundit, he has been far from neutral in his comments on Monaghan; and
2 - No doubt Brolly will actually be delighted! He loves the attention. I doubt he'll get too upset!

Schkite

Yeah, I'd say he laughed at it to be honest! Doesn't seem like a fella that would get too annoyed over a wee thing like that.

pintsofguinness

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Maguire01

Quote from: Pangurban on July 05, 2009, 01:02:34 AM
Disgusting behaviour, and a clear breach of rules, should have been removed. These people would be more at home in a soccer ground, we dont need their kind. As for being tongue in cheek, or a bit of a laugh, i view it more as a thin end of the wedge, which if tolerated could be much worse next time. The line needs to be firmly drawn now
What rules would this fall under?

Minder

Quote from: Pangurban on July 05, 2009, 01:02:34 AM
Worse than starting a thread asking for the removal of an inter county manager in May?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Pangurban

Minders stupid irrelevant response to my post was....Worse than starting a thread asking for the removal of an inter county manager in May?
While his response is so banal and meaningless   as to be unworthy of reply, i cant resist retorting that events have shown i was right in May, and future events will prove me right now.

fitzroyalty

::) Some of yous need to wise up and relax ffs. Nothing malicious. Nothing inflammatory. Everyone in the ground had a chuckle at it, which I'm sure Brolly himself did.

The GAA

Quote from: DoYerJob Linesman on July 04, 2009, 11:40:32 PM
The banner and its non removal was absolutely disgusting.

Whether you love or hate Brolly, idiots shouldnt be given the opportunity to publicly abuse him on national TV.  Put yourself in his shoes, some laugh alright.   ::)

Unlike the players that brolly abuses, he is well paid for his hystrionics and insightful analysis so if he wants to hand it out he'll have to be prepared to take it

down6061689194

I wonder could they make one saying

"MARTY & JOHN CLARKE
   S           O             S"

Mike Sheehy

The banner was quite funny by dour Ulster standards.

Unfortunately the football is still very grim. Its quite tragic that potential Colm Coopers or Kieran McDonalds will never prosper in the Ulster "system".

Trevor Hill

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on July 05, 2009, 09:56:38 AM
The banner was quite funny by dour Ulster standards.

Unfortunately the football is still very grim. Its quite tragic that potential Colm Coopers or Kieran McDonalds will never prosper in the Ulster "system".

The football must be very grim in Munster, Cooper hasnt exactly prospered this year now has he?

As for the banner, I think they got it wrong, a tool is a useful thing, Brolly most certainly isnt.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: fitzroyalty on July 05, 2009, 07:34:12 AM
::) Some of yous need to wise up and relax ffs. Nothing malicious. Nothing inflammatory. Everyone in the ground had a chuckle at it, which I'm sure Brolly himself did.

So the unveiling of a banner a game to abuse a member of the GAA is funny?  Is it funny because Brolly hardly gives a shite, he's not that sort, or would it still be funny if it was about someone else? 

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?