Brolly thinks Kerry are in terminal decline

Started by marym, July 01, 2009, 10:37:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

full back

Kerry are the team of the decade at the moment
If Tyrone when the AI this year to leave both teams on 4 then the head-to-head games would come into play

This sh1te of not beating a team in a semi or a final doesnt wash at all

To save the Tyronies a lot of heartache & handache with all the typing they should just win it this year again, then they WILL be the team of the decade

nrico2006

QuoteTyrone have had the upper hand on them in their 3 meetings this decade, but Kerry have still won 4 All-Irelands to Tyrone's 3 and deserve to be ahead of Tyrone. It's not Kerry's fault that Tyrone weren't there to challenge them in 2002, 2004, 2006, and 2007. If Tyrone happen to win the AI this year and if they happen to beat Kerry along the way, then Tyrone will come out as the team of the decade.

As mentioned by Sideline kick, Tyrone wouldn't need to beat Kerry this year to be classed as the 'team of the decade'.  As for MS's comment, what 'educated observers' see Tyrone as a limited and cynical team?  Tyrone have proven that they have the better players and are a better team than Kerry over the past 6 years. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

JMohan

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on July 02, 2009, 06:55:13 AM
Joe Brolly is a lightweight compared to Spillane and O'Rourke...men who have played, and won,  against the best. I think it is this fact that fuels his antipathy against the kingdom.
Agree completely.
And O'Cinneide too. Even O'Rourke has done some coaching and won something as a coach - albeit at schoolboy level. - so you will appreciate his analysis to some degree.

And Kevin McStay???? - Thank God for the volume button.

JMohan

Quote from: nrico2006 on July 02, 2009, 10:53:45 AM
QuoteTyrone have had the upper hand on them in their 3 meetings this decade, but Kerry have still won 4 All-Irelands to Tyrone's 3 and deserve to be ahead of Tyrone. It's not Kerry's fault that Tyrone weren't there to challenge them in 2002, 2004, 2006, and 2007. If Tyrone happen to win the AI this year and if they happen to beat Kerry along the way, then Tyrone will come out as the team of the decade.

As mentioned by Sideline kick, Tyrone wouldn't need to beat Kerry this year to be classed as the 'team of the decade'.  As for MS's comment, what 'educated observers' see Tyrone as a limited and cynical team?  Tyrone have proven that they have the better players and are a better team than Kerry over the past 6 years. 
I agree here too.

Though I will admit early on they were a bit cynical, now that 'honour' has passed to Monaghan

A Quinn Martin Production

Don't worry Kerrymen...the might Saffrons will burst Tyrone's bubble :P
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

ludermor

Quote from: rrhf on July 02, 2009, 08:55:32 AM
I can name a team that was better on head to heads.  To use a little boxing example if say for example Ali beat Cooper 3 times to zero but Cooper had fought and won more fights who would you claim to be the greatest between the two.  I agree with your answer. 

So Mayo are the joint best best in ireland for the last decade!! i agree with your answer.

OverThePostsAWide

Quote from: A Quinn Martin Production on July 02, 2009, 10:58:32 AM
Don't worry Kerrymen...the might Saffrons will burst Tyrone's bubble :P

Yes, they might  ;)

Here's hoping anyhow...

blanketattack

If Tyrone are the team of the decade based on head-to-heads with Kerry, that means Down were the team of the 20th century.

INDIANA

Quote from: JMohan on July 02, 2009, 10:54:29 AM
Quote from: Mike Sheehy on July 02, 2009, 06:55:13 AM
Joe Brolly is a lightweight compared to Spillane and O'Rourke...men who have played, and won,  against the best. I think it is this fact that fuels his antipathy against the kingdom.
Agree completely.
And O'Cinneide too. Even O'Rourke has done some coaching and won something as a coach - albeit at schoolboy level. - so you will appreciate his analysis to some degree.

And Kevin McStay???? - Thank God for the volume button.

Agree- mc stay tipped us last year. Then after the tyrone game said we were gone for 5 years , now after last sunday he says we can win it this year. I mean talk about consistency.!

passedit

Quote from: blanketattack on July 02, 2009, 11:46:32 AM
If Tyrone are the team of the decade based on head-to-heads with Kerry, that means Down were the team of the 20th century.

Hard to argue with that. In fact, it's bad enough losing to the likes of Fermanagh and Armagh, but Ross and DJ will surely be chased if Down lose to the minnows of Kerry in this year's qualifiers.
Don't Panic

A Quinn Martin Production

Which county was the team of the decade 1995-2004?  Or 1987-1996?  Who came up with this "Team of the Decade" balls?
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

rrhf

Well they have more chance of being team of the century last century than this century.  What Down carried out in the 60s Tyrone carried out in the 90s, it will be interesting will it take us another quarter century to add to the tally though.  
In fairness there is a generally held view that Tyrone have been the team of the decade and there is also the view that Kerry have been, each and own to their own opinion.  Its terrible how actually sticking up for Kerry can get you embroiled in an  arguement.  I would personally not like to put a time frame on it as theres no doubt the kingdom dominated football from 1995 - 2004 and from 2005 onwards itsundoubtedly been Tyrone,  but theres a fair few years left. 

mackers

Quote from: rrhf on July 02, 2009, 12:50:35 PM
Well they have more chance of being team of the century last century than this century.  What Down carried out in the 60s Tyrone carried out in the 90s, it will be interesting will it take us another quarter century to add to the tally though.  
In fairness there is a generally held view that Tyrone have been the team of the decade and there is also the view that Kerry have been, each and own to their own opinion.  Its terrible how actually sticking up for Kerry can get you embroiled in an  arguement.  I would personally not like to put a time frame on it as theres no doubt the kingdom dominated football from 1995 - 2004 and from 2005 onwards itsundoubtedly been Tyrone,  but theres a fair few years left. 
So the fact that Kerry were going for three in a row within that timescale doesn't count then?? ::) ::)
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

nrico2006

QuoteWell they have more chance of being team of the century last century than this century.  What Down carried out in the 60s Tyrone carried out in the 90s, it will be interesting will it take us another quarter century to add to the tally though. 
In fairness there is a generally held view that Tyrone have been the team of the decade and there is also the view that Kerry have been, each and own to their own opinion.  Its terrible how actually sticking up for Kerry can get you embroiled in an  arguement.  I would personally not like to put a time frame on it as theres no doubt the kingdom dominated football from 1995 - 2004 and from 2005 onwards itsundoubtedly been Tyrone,  but theres a fair few years left. 

What did Tyrone carry out in the 90s and what Kingdom dominated football from 1995 to 2004?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Keyser soze

Quote from: rrhf on July 02, 2009, 12:50:35 PM

This must be a contender for post of the decade!!!  :D :D 

It's gonna be hard to pack more inaccuracies into a 5 line post than rrhf has.