Horslips ride again

Started by Shamrock Shore, July 01, 2009, 10:11:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandino

Another class show, an enjoyable night!
"You can go proudly. You are history. You are legend''

armaghniac

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on October 27, 2014, 08:28:21 AM
I was. Rocked the joint. Cleansed the place after that Paisley shite the previous weekend.

I believe the Paisley gig was quite funereal in its tone.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Fear ón Srath Bán

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Denn Forever

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Shamrock Shore

Fraid not.

Word on the street is that it's over now for good  :(

Sandino

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on September 21, 2015, 10:54:42 AM
Fraid not.

Word on the street is that it's over now for good  :(

That will be awful ! I missed the Holy Ghost's gig in Armagh due to a family wedding. It will be gutting not to get a nice send off for the band.
"You can go proudly. You are history. You are legend''

Shamrock Shore

Shameless plug alert.

Eamon Carr, Meath poet and drummer, has a new play coming out.

It's loosely based on the legend of Cú Chulainn etc etc. I won't bore ye (more) with the narrative.

It's being crowd funded - so if you have a minimum of €10 to donate you can visit the website:

http://fundit.ie/project/dusk

and read all about it.

T Fearon

Fean,Devlin and Lockhart appearing at O'Connor event in Armagh with poet Paul Muldoon again in early November.Tickets only £12!

Nigel White

What's the event and where is it?

T Fearon

Great gig last night,in a hotel room in Armagh,with an intimate audience of a couple of hundred people just.Part of an evening which also involved numerous distinguished poets and writers! Got the Horslips autobiography autographed by Barry,Jim and Johnny

Shamrock Shore

Christ. I was in the same room as Tony Fearon and didn't realise it!

laoislad

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on November 05, 2016, 10:45:49 AM
Christ. I was in the same room as Tony Fearon and didn't realise it!
Did you not smell the bullshite?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

T Fearon

SR,it may interest you to know that Paul Muldoon and Barry Devlin both attended my Alma Mater in Armagh,up beside the Cathedral,and visible from last night's venue.Although they were there a (good) few years before me,we all shared several of the same teachers.

ardchieftain

Quote from: T Fearon on November 05, 2016, 03:22:27 PM
SR,it may interest you to know that Paul Muldoon and Barry Devlin both attended my Alma Mater in Armagh,up beside the Cathedral,and visible from last night's venue.Although they were there a (good) few years before me,we all shared several of the same teachers.

Are you even a Horslips fan?

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: T Fearon on November 05, 2016, 06:40:30 AM
Great gig last night,in a hotel room in Armagh,with an intimate audience of a couple of hundred people just.Part of an evening which also involved numerous distinguished poets and writers! Got the Horslips autobiography autographed by Barry,Jim and Johnny
Do you really think one single person gives a flying fcuk where you were last night
Careful now