Horslips ride again

Started by Shamrock Shore, July 01, 2009, 10:11:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shamrock Shore

SammyG's studded wrist band is visible (or so he claimed a long time ago) if you look closely at the crowd in the front.

longrunsthefox

Is dissapointing The Pogues are playing in Belfast the night before. Has become an annual outing for the Fox. Don't know if the sap is still there for two gigs in two nights. Will have to be the Horslips... (Jes! I hate that word 'gig'!  :-\ )

Fear ón Srath Bán

I've two tickets for the O2 in Dublin for the Saturday 5th show, but something has come up and I won't be able to make it (self-inflicted feck-up :(), but I'd happily swap for 2 tickets in the Odyssey on the 3rd, if anyone's interested (PM me)?
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Fear ón Srath Bán

No need for a swap, if anyone wants two tickets for the O2 on Saturday 5th December at face value (no booking fee @ €54.50 each) let me know.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Shamrock Shore

StGallsGAA

Anyone want to offload 2 tix for the belfast gig?

Shamrock Shore

Are there none left with TicketBastard??????

Sandino

shamrock Shore or any of the rest of you guys heard any word on who the special guests will be at this gig. Can't wait!!
"You can go proudly. You are history. You are legend''

StGallsGAA

QuoteAre there none left with TicketBastard???[/quote

I'm sure there are but might as well help someone out who needs rid instead of lining ticketmasters pockets.

Shamrock Shore

Something Happens in Dublin.

Paisley shirts galore.

I assume they will do Belfast as well. But I dunno.

Billys Boots

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on November 08, 2009, 11:39:11 PM
Something Happens in Dublin.

Paisley shirts galore.

I assume they will do Belfast as well. But I dunno.

Magic, the Happens were great in their day.  Sounds like it'll be a a great night out, Mrs Boots will be in her element.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Shamrock Shore

Saw Something Happens in the Stadium in 1989 or thereabouts. Fantastic bunch of lads. Some great songs. Apart from Parachute. I hate that one. But Hello Hello Hello is great (they ripped it off The Petrol Emotion but fessed up. Those miserable cnuts in U2 ripped IT off for Vertigo but did THEY own up. Fuckin sure they didn't)

Cnuts

Billys Boots

The Happens were great live; early on they used to do covers as encores - had a mighty version of 'White Wedding' (Billy Idol) - knocked the bollix out of the original anyway.  My favourite of theirs was 'Here Comes the Only One Again'. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Denn Forever

Wouldn't be that pushed on nthe Horslips, but would be interested in seeing Something Happens.  The EP I know Ray Harmon (?) is a personal favourite and its a gig (sorry Fox) I'd love to have been at.

Favoutite cover would be Borderline.  Brings back happy memores, bombing up to Belfast in my Fiat 127, passing Beemers with Borderline and Worker's Playtime by Billy Bragg at top volume to be heard over the noise of the engine.  Heaven.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Shamrock Shore

Sharon Corr is doing support in Belfast!

I dunno whether to laugh or cry.

Keep Jim away FFS!

Horslips back on the circuit after 29 years is not a conspiracy you mad hoor.