Problems typing a post?

Started by Gaoth Dobhair Abu, June 29, 2009, 09:42:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Anyone else having problems when posting?
If I'm replying to someone and quote someone when I start to type the screen goes to the top and I cannot see the new script?!!!
Fecking really annoying, anyone got a solution?
Thanks.
Tbc....

Trevor Hill

Have you recently upgraded to IE8?

gawa316

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on June 29, 2009, 09:42:22 AM
If I'm replying to someone and quote someone when I start to type the screen goes to the top and I cannot see the new script?!!!
Thanks.

Yeah that happens to me and yes I have upgraded to IE 8

Trevor Hill

I have the same problem, didnt have it in IE7, so it must be the reason. I prefer 8 though so I will keep it. If you are replying to a quote don`t add the quote in until you have typed your reply.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Trevor Hill on June 29, 2009, 11:55:23 AM
I have the same problem, didnt have it in IE7, so it must be the reason. I prefer 8 though so I will keep it. If you are replying to a quote don`t add the quote in until you have typed your reply.

Thanks Trevor, bit of a pain in the arse but will add the quote after typing the post.
Tbc....

Donagh

Lose some some weight from those fat fingers of yours.

longball

I tried to post on the Michael Jackson is dead thread and couldnt
Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Donagh on June 29, 2009, 01:10:14 PM

Lose some some weight from those fat fingers of yours.

Good country hands.

You gonna e-mail those figures to me?
Tbc....

Donagh

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on June 29, 2009, 01:13:09 PM
You gonna e-mail those figures to me?

Sorry somebody has to keep the firm going under during the economic downturn.

You seem to have a bit of spare time on your hands there, do a search for something like 'gross salary annual cost' on the firms Intranet. The documents I have are confidential but clearly say indirect overheads are to be costed at between 85%-140% of the employees salary, depending on position. Of that total (salary + overheads) 70% is paid from our departments budget and 30% from head office.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Have done a bit of digging and the closest figures I can get, for what it would cost the firm would be between 40-100% of final salary on top of salary.
So nowhere near the figures being discussed last week.
Tbc....

Donagh

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on June 29, 2009, 04:14:59 PM
Have done a bit of digging and the closest figures I can get, for what it would cost the firm would be between 40-100% of final salary on top of salary.

I said it would be approximately double the salary of employee and you have more or less agreed with me. If you look up the pay for someone of the grade of employee I was talking about and you'll see the figures I mentioned match.

I'll expect your apology by way of standing me the next drink.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Donagh on June 29, 2009, 04:22:22 PM
Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on June 29, 2009, 04:14:59 PM

I said it would be approximately double the salary of employee and you have more or less agreed with me. If you look up the pay for someone of the grade of employee I was talking about and you'll see the figures I mentioned match.

I'll expect your apology by way of standing me the next drink.

Nice try, the grades we were talking about still wouldn't be near the figures being discussed.
But being the generous Donegal man that I am, I'll still stand you that pint.   ;)
Tbc....

Onion Bag

Thanks.

Yeh, i know exactly what you are talking about, it really grinds my gears,
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!