Cill Dara v Áth Cliath Cluiche Ceannais Laighean 12/07/09

Started by Dinny Breen, June 28, 2009, 03:04:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

Hound

Feckin heck Dinny, you're happy with everything. What weather would suit Kildare? No doubt you'll get that too!  :D

Dinny Breen

:D

All falling into place, we're a sunshine team full of fancy-dans, played Offaly, Wexford and Laois in 20 odd degrees, forecast is good for Sunday, plenty of sun average temp 21 degrees  ;D
#newbridgeornowhere

DUBSFORSAM1

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 06, 2009, 06:16:56 PM

All falling into place, we're a sunshine team full of fancy-dans, played Offaly, Wexford and Laois in 20 odd degrees, forecast is good for Sunday, plenty of sun average temp 21 degrees  ;D

So what possible excuses can you have now if you lose lol

Gnevin

Quote from: DUBSFORSAM1 on July 06, 2009, 10:13:07 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 06, 2009, 06:16:56 PM

So what possible excuses can you have now if you lose lol

Isn't it obvious it was too perfect the lads got complacent  ;)
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Tyrone Dreamer

Quote from: INDIANA on July 06, 2009, 02:04:31 PM
His selection for the leinster semi is baffling now. At least he's around for the u21 hurling final. He's a young lad and has been playing non-stop for 2 years now - he's entitled to take a break if he wants. It was known he was going away for months now. But for future selection it won't do him any favours - I'd say the current management aren't too impressed.

I honestly don't think Dublin are overly bothered about the result on Sunday once they play well. Finding it hard to muster any enthusiasm for Sunday myself. I'd be putting money on Kildare on Sunday to be honest. Their need is greater. Kildare's to lose really.

Getting the excuses in early there. You lads are hard to please. This is the 1st really big test Dublin have had in Leinster in a few years. Its important they win to keep the confidence up, it would be hard to bounce back from a leinster defeat and would really dent the teams confidence. A packed croke park should lead to a good atmosphere. The Dublin forwards were magnificant at times against Westmeath taking scores from all over the place right from the start. This has the makings of one of the best games of the championship.

Canalman

Echo the previous comments about not caring about the LSFF. Our season won't start until the last 12/8 stage. More interest personally  in the U21 hurling final on Wednesday week.

Donnellys Hollow

Plenty of apathy from posters from the Big Shmoke. I hope your team has the same attitude going into this match but I sadly doubt it.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

DUBSFORSAM1

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on July 07, 2009, 12:28:02 AM
Plenty of apathy from posters from the Big Shmoke. I hope your team has the same attitude going into this match but I sadly doubt it.

Only from some supporters.....I don't accept in anyway shape or form that there is any possible benefit in losing to Kildare and I hope and expect the team feel the same..

INDIANA

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on July 06, 2009, 11:23:32 PM
His selection for the leinster semi is baffling now. At least he's around for the u21 hurling final. He's a young lad and has been playing non-stop for 2 years now - he's entitled to take a break if he wants. It was known he was going away for months now. But for future selection it won't do him any favours - I'd say the current management aren't too impressed.

I honestly don't think Dublin are overly bothered about the result on Sunday once they play well. Finding it hard to muster any enthusiasm for Sunday myself. I'd be putting money on Kildare on Sunday to be honest. Their need is greater. Kildare's to lose really.

Getting the excuses in early there. You lads are hard to please. This is the 1st really big test Dublin have had in Leinster in a few years. Its important they win to keep the confidence up, it would be hard to bounce back from a leinster defeat and would really dent the teams confidence. A packed croke park should lead to a good atmosphere. The Dublin forwards were magnificant at times against Westmeath taking scores from all over the place right from the start. This has the makings of one of the best games of the championship.

Not really after 4 leinsters in a row I couldn't give a continental about the result. Its not a knockout game. I'd gladly take losing on Sunday if it furthers our case in the All-Ireland race which is all we're interested in anymore. I mean we couldn't even sell half the leisnter championships we've won at this stage half of them are so meaningless. The leinster championship isn't a patch on what it was when we always had 3-4 serious teams. Now we've got 2 teams and because its not knockout- its means very little in the overall scheme of things.
Provincial championships mean more to counties who have been starved of trophies recently or young teams trying to build for the future like antrim,kildare or the dublin hurlers etc etc.

Consistent provincial success isn't worth a rashers if it isn't followed by All -Irelands.

heffo

Quote from: INDIANA on July 07, 2009, 01:09:25 AM

Not really after 4 leinsters in a row I couldn't give a continental about the result. Its not a knockout game. I'd gladly take losing on Sunday if it furthers our case in the All-Ireland race which is all we're interested in anymore. I mean we couldn't even sell half the leisnter championships we've won at this stage half of them are so meaningless. The leinster championship isn't a patch on what it was when we always had 3-4 serious teams. Now we've got 2 teams and because its not knockout- its means very little in the overall scheme of things.
Provincial championships mean more to counties who have been starved of trophies recently or young teams trying to build for the future like antrim,kildare or the dublin hurlers etc etc.

Consistent provincial success isn't worth a rashers if it isn't followed by All -Irelands.

+1

In an ideal scenario, we'd be put to the pin of our collar by Kildare and win by a point then get a very tough game in the qtr's and a tough game in the semi

There's no point walking through Leinster, hoping for the easiest draw in the qtrs and banking on Leinster v Connacht in the semi - we're either good enough or we aren't..

INDIANA

Quote from: heffo on July 07, 2009, 09:23:53 AM
Quote from: INDIANA on July 07, 2009, 01:09:25 AM

+1

In an ideal scenario, we'd be put to the pin of our collar by Kildare and win by a point then get a very tough game in the qtr's and a tough game in the semi

There's no point walking through Leinster, hoping for the easiest draw in the qtrs and banking on Leinster v Connacht in the semi - we're either good enough or we aren't..

Exactly I hope its a massively competitive game where we perform well. As long as we do that I'll be happy enough. If Kildare win -good luck to them. If we don't perform well then I'll start to get worried.

heffo