USFC Final Antrim v Tyrone Clones 19th July

Started by milltown row, June 27, 2009, 09:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Rois on July 19, 2009, 09:04:37 PM
Loughshore Lad, have to disagree, Tommy would have been my second player subbed, after John Devine. I thought the kickouts left a bit to be desired today.
That's the first match since Newry last yr that Brian Dooher hasn't scored in, and yet I wasn't too unhappy with his performance, some sublime passes made. Prob doesn't have 70 mins in him any more.

Oh, and the anthem singer sang the right first line... :P

Totally agree. Devine's kick outs were awful. Some straight to an unmarked Antrim man, and I can remember two that went out over the sideline around the 45.

Personally, I didn't think the ref was too bad!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

DCR

Anybody keep a count of the kickouts we (Tyrone) won today. Thought that we played second fiddle around the middle for long periods. Some of Devine's kickouts were brutal.

magickingdom

tyrone look great, their gonna kill us in sept if we get that far ;D

DCR

Quote from: magickingdom on July 19, 2009, 09:31:20 PM
tyrone look great, their gonna kill us in sept if we get that far ;D
The last thing we need or want is patronising Kerrymen. Anyway it doesn't become you.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: DCR on July 19, 2009, 09:29:03 PM
Anybody keep a count of the kickouts we (Tyrone) won today. Thought that we played second fiddle around the middle for long periods. Some of Devine's kickouts were brutal.
Jarlath Burns said at halftime that Antrim won 14 kickouts versus Tyrone's 6 (I think). Crucially though Antrim had no half forward line to speak of in first half so their primary possession ended up going nowhere.

I think SON and Dooher are getting the thin end of the wedge from some on here. Both contributed a decent amount in workrate, drawing men and layoffs to runners.

Was some amount of Antrim cars on the Monaghan Road into Armagh this evening which was a novelty. Some of supporters stopped outside Milford to check on the livestock. Either that or they were slashing against a hedge!

DennistheMenace

No, it's true Dooher was poor and O'Neill non-existant..again.

Rois

Tony I'm watching match again and agree about SON and Dooher - both involved in the goal and Cavanagh's first half point., Stevie is an incredibly astute player with his palming of the ball to the runner. Dooher saw a lot more of the ball than I'd thought.  

tyronefan

Quote from: DennistheMenace on July 19, 2009, 09:46:04 PM
No, it's true Dooher was poor and O'Neill non-existant..again.

still we will keep them

wont put them on the transfer list just yet

sam03/05

Fear ón Srath Bán

A good day's work from Tyrone, and where some of the marquee names may not be performing at their best just yet, there were others to plug any gaps, i.e., Joe Mc Mahon, Kevin Hughes.

Huge credit to Antrim, they brought colour and fanfare and no little endeavour and skill to Clones, and today's game is all part of the learning experience, and they will be a stronger team for it.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Rois on July 19, 2009, 09:50:06 PM
Tony I'm watching match again and agree about SON and Dooher - both involved in the goal and Cavanagh's first half point., Stevie is an incredibly astute player with his palming of the ball to the runner. Dooher saw a lot more of the ball than I'd thought.  
Definitely not at their best, but their best is a lot to live up to. Definitely not "poor" though. I think they'll both realise more is needed the closer they get to September which is ultimately where they look like heading again. You may hit the sales for a new dress!

mountainboii

Thought they way Antrim were set up from the start crucified them. McMenamin and Joe McMahon were basically free men down Tyrone's left wing for the first fifteen minutes and contributed 3 of their first 4 points. After Tyrone had opened up the 6 or 7 point gap there was always only gonna be one winner and Tyrone were really only ticking over for the rest of the game. Similar enough pattern to the Tyrone Armagh game I think, with Tyrone well on top and happy sitting on a 5 or 6 point lead. The only difference today was that Antrim didn't grab a goal to make Tyrone sweat for a bit.

Archie Mitchell

Happy enough with the performance today. Tyrone still have alot left and this team are to experienced to be complacent and rubbish any rumours of not being tested so far in the championship.

Best for Tyrone today were Cavanagh, Joe McMahon and Ricey. Not too many of them played bad, Dooher, Penrose and O'Neill may not have scored but put in an awful lot of work and set up alot of scores.

sam03/05

Quote from: hardstation on July 19, 2009, 10:24:15 PM
Cavanagh gets MOTM. Had a great game. Hard to find a man to both match him in the air and have the legs to stick to him.

Paddy Cunningham gets the Frank McGuigan 11 point plate. ;D

At least Paddy Cunningham showed up unlike Frank

Orior

Yeah Tyrone won easy enough, but I dont like their tackics, never liked their tackics and never will like their tactics.

1) Antrim should have been awarded a couple of frees from where the landed after Tyrone took out the man after he played the ball.
2) All Tyrone players have perfected the falling down thing.
3) Whenever an opposing team score two points in a row, a Tyrone player will get seriously injured and need medical treatment thereby defusing the steam built up by the opponent.

Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians