USFC Final Antrim v Tyrone Clones 19th July

Started by milltown row, June 27, 2009, 09:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tyrone Dreamer

I see if you go to purchase tickets for this on gaa website it says its pay on the day. Not sure if the ulster council will appreciate this considering they've said there will be no tickets available on the day. Will it be close to a full house on Sunday?

Cant see anyone not from Tyrone supporting us on Sunday. It would be great to see Antrim win an ulster title but not at the expense of Tyrone. Monaghan gave Tyrone a real game in 07 and something similar would probably be good enough at this stage in Antims development. Not sure if they'l be able to compete with O'Neill,Mugsy,Penrose etc.

Trevor Hill

With Antrim at such long odds, would the Tyrone players not think of putting a large amount of money on Antrim and take a dive ;) It would be a nice days pay and they will always have a second bite at the cherry.
Maybe they did that last year.  :D

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: Trevor Hill on July 17, 2009, 08:16:00 PM
With Antrim at such long odds, would the Tyrone players not think of putting a large amount of money on Antrim and take a dive ;) It would be a nice days pay and they will always have a second bite at the cherry.

They would be safer backing Antrim plus the handicap of say eight points... Win but keep it respectable enough, quids in.

The Watcher Pat

Now now boys..You know that players are not allowed to bet on games they are playing in.

What are you trying to suggest if Antrim do win its because Tyrone bet on themselves..Doesn't happen like that..

If Antrim win they done it fairly and comments like that are simply not called for.
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

ONeill

Tyrone have the mindset that this year no one will get in the road of their pursuit of Sam retention. They set out 6 matches to achieve it. This will mark halfway. No mercy.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Trevor Hill

Quote from: ONeill on July 17, 2009, 08:41:06 PM
No mercy.

I think they showed plenty of mercy to both Armagh and Derry, they stopped playing for most of the second half against Armagh and still won easily. They should win easily enough on Sunday though, but I`ll still be supporting Antrim.

saffron sam2

Quote from: clootfromthe21 on July 17, 2009, 04:47:21 PM
Quote from: saffron sam2 on July 17, 2009, 03:36:15 PM
Saturday 27th June 2009

Antrim need absolutely everything going in their favour to have a chance and I mean everything. Is there any chance that we could get a different county song for Sunday – one that isn't the "Green Glens Of Antrim"? Two reasons why I propose this. Firstly, there is no history of football in the Glens? Who was the last Glensman to play for the footballers?

Does the Tenth Glen not count then??

No.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

tyssam5

Quote from: Trevor Hill on July 17, 2009, 08:16:00 PM

Last year? You must have a generous bookie if he pays for wins after extra time.

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: hardstation on July 17, 2009, 09:08:52 PM
Antrim to hit the onion bag after 30 seconds.

Aidso to win the ball from the throw in. Gives it out to Loughrey who flys down the line. Pumps it in to Big Mick. Fields it. Mossy comes flying in to take the ball off his bro. Bang, back off the net. 'Keeper never saw it.

12/1 with Boyles

ONeill

There's nothing that would lighten my dark heart than seeing Antrim lift the Anglo-Celt. Unfortunately, I think you lads could be unbearable. Tyrone, you have an obligation. One Dublin is enough.

StGallsGAA

QuoteThey would be safer backing Antrim plus the handicap of say eight points... Win but keep it respectable enough, quids in.

Who is giving +8 ONL?  Cant get any better than +7 online.  Would like to put a pony on it.

fred the red

Will there be a GAA board get together before or after the game?

ONeill

"Fear not, fear not, sweetheart," he cried,
"Fear not the foe for me.
No chain shall fall, whate'er betide,
On the arm that would be free!
Oh, leave your cruel kin and come
When the lark is in the sky;
And it's with my gun I'll guard you,
On the mountains of Pomeroy."

ONeill

Quote from: fred the red on July 17, 2009, 09:46:28 PM

There's been talk.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: fred the red on July 17, 2009, 09:46:28 PM

There'll be a few of us in The Leonard Arms, just off The Diamond at the top of the town. Never too packed, and a decent pint.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...