USFC Final Antrim v Tyrone Clones 19th July

Started by milltown row, June 27, 2009, 09:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A Quinn Martin Production

Quote from: ziggysego on July 08, 2009, 04:48:54 PM
Quote from: Fuzzman on July 08, 2009, 04:28:21 PM
I just watched that interview on the BBC website with young Cunningham.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/northern_ireland/8123192.stm

What's with the funny coloured union Jack at the end of the sketch?

Glentoran.

Can't be...The c**k 'n' Hens are from Down ;)
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

ONeill

In all seriousness, anyone collecting the tokens in the Irish News to get a fiver off a polo-shirt or jersey?

I bought 6 Irish News' today and will buy six tomorrow. Will purchase 6 polo-shirts and then with the money saved buy another one. Clever, eh? You can never have too many polo-shirts.

Antrim lads - 35 minutes, no offside and you can handle it.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

Joking aside, the feeling is rather strange. I've been living in Antrim for a decade now, work there, drink there and steal there. I've been harrassed by an Antrim woman for 15 years. My children are, what do you call young Antrim bairns, Antrimites? My first teaching class included your man-of-the-month. I've a serious soft spot for the county and have gone to see them play McKenna, NFL and SFC games. Right now if Antrim won I think I'd be more than fine with that. However, you don't really know how you'll react when you're faced with it in real time. I'd imagine it'd be rubbed in to an unbearable extent. The embarrassment might develop into some kind of deep resentment and I could end up on a rampage.

tyronebhoy

Oneill

Going to get 4 papers over the 3 days to get 2 vouchers.  That way I can buy meself a Tyrone Polo shirt and the good lady an Antrim one.

Rois

Ah O'Neills must be loving the Ulster Final this year - Tyrone are a big seller for them anyway, and everyone in Antrim wants something Antrim-related so no doubt they're out buying in their thousands.

A partner in work here is an Antrim fan - devoted GAA fan (I got him a ticket for the AIF last year - gotta keep on the right side of the boss) and I'm organising a work event for Monday 20th.  He says if Antrim win, I'll have to pull him out of any one of a number of pubs in the vicinity of St Theresa's out west.  I actually think I'd be happy for him.  For a minute or two.  And then I'd be gutted.  Cause it would question the total faith as I think Mickey and the lads are up for it.  If they failed, it would be after a hell of a fight, and that would suggest no September celebrations this year. 

Fuzzman

Maybe a strange & controversial question but wonder how the Belfast Protestants are taking the whole thing?
Will they be intrigued and glued to BBC next Sunday.

I used to live with a mate up in Rosetta about 4 years ago.
There were UVF flags all over the place.

One Sunday I went with him to the Derry v Armagh match in Casement & as we were getting in the car, one of our neighbours, Sammy, pipes up
"Good luck today lads. You'll need it against Armagh"

I think quite a lot of them enjoy watching it but doubt they'll be flying many yellow (pope) flags.

Rois,
Do you think Brian is getting over his groin injury and will be able to start soon or can we expect him to only play 20 mins again?

tyronebhoy

Fuzzman

I expect once they get Orangefest out of the way all the red, white and blue bunting we see about the city will be replaced by Saffron and White.  Speaking of which, is the Falls area bedecked in Antrim flags yet?

Rois

Fuzzman, by the sounds of it I think he's as fit as he can be, whether it's a seventy minutes fit is debatable.  Doing laps in the pool in Riversdale leisure centre with weights attached to him apparently.  Personally I'd rather see him come on when he's needed but I'd say he'd not be happy with that.

Bensars

Off course he'll be ready

This is Brian dooher your talking about !  He makes Chuck Norris look like Brian Dowling.

Doogie Browser

He played for 60 mins against Strabane last Sunday and had no ill effects, I still think Mickey will keep him as sub as his mantra is always finish with your strongest team.

ONeill

The more I look at this game, the less areas I can find where Antrim will gain any advantage from. Defensively, they won't have met the likes of O'Neill and Cavanagh. Much has been talked about McLean the full back over the last couple of years - this is his chance to pit his wits against a class act in mid-summer game. In attack, it's not as if they have a towering target man a la Clarke. Cunningham is a fine free-taker but somewhat ponderous on the ball. McCann might prove to be a nippy danger man, no more so than the likes of Bradley though. Midfield perhaps, but Tyrone could lose a high percentage of kick outs and still comfortably control the game.

One thing Antrim do is run directly at the half-back/full back line. How often have we seen Aodhan Gallagher this year steam in a straight line from midfield? Niblock and Loughrey are capable of this too, great speed and strength. Can they wear Tyrone down or prize open gaps by continually bombing forward, perhaps testing any complacency or lack of concentration? On the other hand, how will Antrim cope on the back foot if Jordan and Harte get the room to press? Will Terry O'Neill find that against a side with scoring threats from so many quarters that his job is redundant?

I just cannot see Mickey allowing this side to take the foot off the gas in terms of what his team aims to achieve this year - to retain Sam in six games.

rrhf

I fancy the draw, Sean cavanagh has way too much on his mind.   

WeeDonns

QuoteSpeaking of which, is the Falls area bedecked in Antrim flags yet?
there is a bit of saffron&white about the casement area

Any idea how ticket sales are going for this? Will it be a sellout?
Only terrace tickets left on ticketmaster and the club have sold their allocation
I went up to casement last night to get some but the feckers selling them had left, so I have to go back tonight

A Quinn Martin Production

Quote from: ONeill on July 09, 2009, 11:23:01 AM
The more I look at this game, the less areas I can find where Antrim will gain any advantage from. Defensively, they won't have met the likes of O'Neill and Cavanagh. Much has been talked about McLean the full back over the last couple of years - this is his chance to pit his wits against a class act in mid-summer game. In attack, it's not as if they have a towering target man a la Clarke. Cunningham is a fine free-taker but somewhat ponderous on the ball. McCann might prove to be a nippy danger man, no more so than the likes of Bradley though. Midfield perhaps, but Tyrone could lose a high percentage of kick outs and still comfortably control the game.

One thing Antrim do is run directly at the half-back/full back line. How often have we seen Aodhan Gallagher this year steam in a straight line from midfield? Niblock and Loughrey are capable of this too, great speed and strength. Can they wear Tyrone down or prize open gaps by continually bombing forward, perhaps testing any complacency or lack of concentration? On the other hand, how will Antrim cope on the back foot if Jordan and Harte get the room to press? Will Terry O'Neill find that against a side with scoring threats from so many quarters that his job is redundant?

I just cannot see Mickey allowing this side to take the foot off the gas in terms of what his team aims to achieve this year - to retain Sam in six games.

Spot on here O'Neill...no experience of playing money grabbing divers.  How will Antrim cope with Cavanagh's trademark move...no not the sidestep...the rolling around on the ground clutching his face??
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

ONeill

Quotemoney grabbing divers

Great non-gpa men these Antrim lads.