USFC Final Antrim v Tyrone Clones 19th July

Started by milltown row, June 27, 2009, 09:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rufus T Firefly

Lads - I have an O'Duffy Terrace and a Hill Ticket going if anyone near Armagh City is interested?

Face value of course!   ;D

feel the buzz

got tickets for clones tomorrow havn't been to an all ticket game at clones before, just would normally pay at gate..so was wondering if any of you had a seating plan or a good memory

is the eastern stand the one facing the gerry arthur?

gerry arthur
eastern?

also what do you call the two _________________ ones?

The Watcher Pat

The mcGrane stand and the Hill face the Gerry Arthur. Tho O'duffy terrace is at the road side behind the goal.

Never been in eastern so i presume its behind the other goals.
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

feel the buzz

if this is right and the eastern stand is behind the goal..is it not a disgrace that tickets behind the goal are the same price as tickets for the midde of the ground and covered?

The Watcher Pat

The gerry Arthur is the  covered stand and is more expensive...The hill and the O'duffy terrace are both £13...One is on the side and one behind the goal.All depends on what your preference is or how fast you got your tickets.
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

feel the buzz

i have parts of my family in different parts of clones i got all the tickets through my club and paid the same for arthur tickets and eastern tickets a disgrace they are same price on the ticket as well

ziggysego

Hey hardstation, did you spot my trolly-dolly mate in the Irish News today?
Testing Accessibility

fred the red

Quote from: ziggysego on July 18, 2009, 11:14:59 PM

ziggy will u be around for a pint after the game 2mara?

ziggysego

Quote from: fred the red on July 18, 2009, 11:17:11 PM

Na, racing back to Omagh to meet a girl for a drink
Testing Accessibility

fred the red

Quote from: ziggysego on July 18, 2009, 11:20:53 PM
Quote from: fred the red on July 18, 2009, 11:17:11 PM

Na, racing back to Omagh to meet a girl for a drink

dead on, Omagh suits me fine too.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Didn't know that Carton House is owned by a Tyrone lad, from today's Irish News:

Red Hands' prep as good as Galacticos' says Kildare host
BY Jonathan Drennan

What do the Tyrone GAA team have in common with Real Madrid? They have both used training facilities owned by a Tyrone man in Co Kildare. Jonathan Drennan reports

Conor Mallaghan, whose family own Real Madrid's Irish training base in Co Kildare, says the Red Hands' preparations and physical conditioning are equal to those of their millionaire soccer counterparts. "We've had the Tyrone gaelic football team staying with us a great number of times," Mr Mallaghan said.

"I genuinely believe that their preparation and their physical strength are on a par with professional teams we've had staying with us like Newcastle United. "If you take a guy like Brian Dooher – he's a great role model to have. He works as a vet but his dedication to his sport is on a par with anyone we've had here."

The Mallaghan family have been associated with Carton House in Co Kildare since 1977, when Mr Mallaghan's father Lee moved his engineering firm to the premises from Co Tyrone. Mr Mallaghan snr originally hails from Pomeroy and his son spent his early childhood in Dungannon.

After using the sprawling estate in Kildare for the family firm and a fledgling dairy farm, the family decided to open a four-star hotel complex in 2006. The stately home is no stranger to famous visitors, having previously hosted guests as diverse as Queen Victoria, Prince Rainier and actress Grace Kelly.

Today the soccer superstars from Real Madrid are able to enjoy world-class facilities, including a state-of-the-art football pitch – whose grass is cut to exactly 23 millimetres. The Spaniards also supplied the Mallaghan family with a detailed schedule for watering the pitch. Due to the demands on the players from fans, the family have also had to employ around-the-clock security teams to patrol the estate.

This is a far cry from the facilities Tyrone's Gaelic football team enjoyed in 1984, when the family invited them to stay after they reached a then rare appearance in the All-Ireland semi-finals against Dublin.

"We were Tyrone people, so when the team got to a semi-final for the first time in ages, we had to ask them did they want to stay," Mr Mallaghan said. "It was quite a different set-up then – obviously nothing like what Real Madrid are enjoying now. I remember we had to go and borrow a pile of beds from Maynooth College."

Despite leaving their native county more than 30 years ago, the Mallaghan family retain strong ties with Tyrone. Mr Mallaghan's mother Mary is the sister of Tyrone manager Mickey Harte, which has led to the team staying at Carton House regularly.  Mr Mallaghan believes that hosting Tyrone in 1984 was a learning experience for the family that has hopefully helped Carton House become "the premier sport's hotel in northern Europe".

"Whether it's a Gaelic football team, or a professional football team, you learn things that make life easier for your guests – even something simple like having the bedrooms on the first floor and turning conference rooms into relaxation rooms," he said. A partnership with Irish company Platinum One has helped the club attract professional football teams to Co Kildare. Newcastle United had already given "first-class feedback" on the facilities at Car- ton House after spending the early summer there in pre-season training.

Mr Mallaghan was aware that Platinum One had organised pre-season training and friendly matches for Bar-celona FC in Scotland and inquired about the potential for a top Spanish side training in Ireland. Thankfully, after a stifling hot summer in Madrid, Real Madrid – whose stellar players are known as Galacticos (Spanish for superstars) – welcomed the opportunity to train in cooler climes. "We've been very lucky so far," Mr Mallaghan said.

"Newcastle really enjoyed the facilities and we think they will be back next year.

"We are only halfway through the training with Real Madrid so we can't get too complacent at how things are going but so far so good."

Since Real Madrid arrived, the Mallaghan family have regularly put in 7.30am-9.30pm working days. In recent days a media circus has descended on their Co Kildare venue, with everyone trying to get a glimpse of the £80 million man, Cristiano Ronaldo.  Although, Mr Mallaghan has had little personal dealings with Ronaldo, he is quick to praise the team's conduct at the hotel. "Every single one of them has been a gentleman," he said.

"Any preconceived notions people might have about millionaire athletes aren't there – the staff have all told me how polite and nice the players have been to them."

On Sunday the Mallaghans will be solely focused on Gaelic football again as Tyrone take on Antrim in the final of the Ulster Championship. "I haven't missed a Tyrone match in years, despite living in Kildare all these years. The native blood never leaves you," Mr Mallaghan said.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

fred the red

Quote from: ziggysego on July 18, 2009, 11:36:44 PM
If you see me Fred, introduce yourself

sure i was talkin til ya last saturday nite u eejet wen u fell outta ur chair!

is it the same yoke ur meetin 2mara

020304 Tir Eoghain

Jayz, ya musta been in some state last Saturday Ziggy :D
Tír Éoghain '03, '05, '08.

milltown row

Quote from: fred the red on July 18, 2009, 11:40:11 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on July 18, 2009, 11:36:44 PM
If you see me Fred, introduce yourself

sure i was talkin til ya last saturday nite u eejet wen u fell outta ur chair!

is it the same yoke ur meetin 2mara

pints on me tomorrow lads, should we win ;)