USFC Final Antrim v Tyrone Clones 19th July

Started by milltown row, June 27, 2009, 09:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Good luck to both teams. Hope it is a good game. Tyrone to win by 5.

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: ONeill on July 18, 2009, 07:51:36 PM
So where do you think this ticketmaster boyo will be?

Just past the creighton on the hill on the way to the ground.
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

The Watcher Pat

There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

020304 Tir Eoghain

Tír Éoghain '03, '05, '08.

milltown row

ok sandwiches made
beer cooling
wet proof coat at the ready (cheers pat)
soup made
kids minded
and a free pass out for so refreshments after the game sorted.

oh and 15 tyrone voodoo dolls made, pins at the ready

omagh_gael

Looking forward to this a lot now, should be a mighty days craic, never thought I'd be in clones on ulster day facing the saffrons! Against any other team i'd roar Antrim on but I feel the task is too big for them. Red hands to be ruthless...tyrone 2-14 Antrim 1-7

milltown row

Quote from: omagh_gael on July 18, 2009, 09:50:15 PM
Looking forward to this a lot now, should be a mighty days craic, never thought I'd be in clones on ulster day facing the saffrons! Against any other team i'd roar Antrim on but I feel the task is too big for them. Red hands to be ruthless...tyrone 2-14 Antrim 1-7

Antrim have won Ten Ulsters. to tyrones 11. its not as if your Cavan. but yes lately Tyrone are top dogs

020304 Tir Eoghain

Quote from: milltown row on July 18, 2009, 09:53:27 PM

Antrim have won Ten Ulsters. to tyrones 11. its not as if your Cavan. but yes lately Tyrone are top dogs

Milltown, every dog has its day. We'll take and enjoy ours at the minute. I'm sure Antrims turn will come again, but hopefully
not tomorrow!

milltown row

and fair dues Tyrone, quality team and love seeing you beat southern teams

omagh_gael

Well I'm 25 And in my supporting days I haven't had much experience with the saffrons, hard to beat a bit of variety though, good luck to both teams and here's hoping for a bit of decent weather, pints in the beer gardens around clones are always good!

comeontheredhands

anyone able to use two tickets for east stand - one adult one juvenile - happy to give them to a genuine fan (preferably  tyrone) - let me know asap - in cookstown

milltown row

Quote from: omagh_gael on July 18, 2009, 10:00:26 PM

Well I'm 25 And in my supporting days I haven't had much experience with the saffrons, hard to beat a bit of variety though, good luck to both teams and here's hoping for a bit of decent weather, pints in the beer gardens around clones are always good!

ah they were the days, us older guys take an age to recover from games dont really train anymore and distort history about games we played in ;)

jealousy is a terrible thing

StGallsGAA

Have heard there's a few all nighter parties in Poleglass & the west with buses organised to pick them all up at 9am to head straight for Clones!   The Paragon is the target for the blue bag brigade apparently.

020304 Tir Eoghain

Jayz Omagh Gael, if yer only 25 why arent you away to Sallys or Main Street skulling pints instead of looking at a computer screen?? ;D

ONeill

Antrim have fairly added to the occasion alright. Tyrone and Antrim have always been closely connected in terms of family relations, even players and managers! In the early 1900s many Tyronnies in search of work settled in West Belfast and their families remain there. Although it'd be some kick in the teeth for the county, losing to Antrim would be cushioned by the fact that it is Antrim. Looking forward to seeing the colour and banter beforehand. Hopefully no soccer chants.

Was looking at the penpics today and Tyrone's average age (of the backbone lads) is sneaking towards the 30 mark. Ricey is down as 30, Dooher 33, McCullagh 31 and a host of players 28/29. We'll not see these lads for too much longer although you still have the likes of Justin and Sean in their early to mid-20s. Also, some day it'll hit us that they're on the freewheeling side of the hill. I hope it doesn't commence tomorrow. On the other side, this is a very young Antrim side. It reminds me of Tyrone circa 2001-2003 when they were blooding the youngsters. The only difference I suppose is that Tyrone were winning All-Ireland minors and U21s. If Antrim start well, they have the youthful exuberance to pin Tyrone to their collar with sheer energy couple with some very talented players. They could out-Dooher Dooher. However, I don't think they'll have experienced the sheer ferocity of tackle Tyrone will subject them to tomorrow. I noticed loads of pics this week in the local papers here had Antrim players shouldering shoulder mats etc - although some say Sigerson is just as tough.

Two scenarios - my gut reaction is that Tyrone will hammer them from the off. Something like 0-13 to 0-2 at half time.
The second one is that Antrim feed of the occasion and keep it a low-scoring affair, 5-5 or 6-5 at the break, but Tyrone pulling away in the last 10 mins to win by 3.

However - Tyrone 1-18 Antrim 0-11
R
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.