MFR - thanks for the Kerry years.

Started by Kerry Mike, June 26, 2009, 01:09:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Some player in his day. Like someone said he slowed down in the last few years wit an injury hence we weren't seeing so much him. Him and Gooch in opposite corners must have been a nightmare for defenders.

Scored a hat trick in the hogan cup final one year too.

ziggysego

Terrific footballer and the Championship will be sadly missing MFR in years to come.
Testing Accessibility

JMohan

The other thing about him was his pace - he was lightening fast yet always looked at ease - even looked slow

5 Sams

Having spent my (limited) playing career at corner back MFR would be your worst nightmare, lightening fast, score fron any angle, brave and could make a cnut out of you by one drop of the shoulder.

Class act...didnt realise he had 5 AI medals....if he was from any county apart from Kerry they would be erecting statues to him.
The Aristocrat Years

boojangles

True legend and will always be remembered in Cavan for that goal in 97 but it was hard not to admire him and the goal.A classy footballer that made everything look easy.Will be sorely missed on the inter-County scene.
Obviously the Kerry posters will know more but from reading Jack O Connors book, Jack just couldnt get inside him and find out what made him tick. In fairness Jack seemed to have nothing but respect for Mike Frank and probably spent more time talking about him than any other player in his book,but when Mike Frank wasnt doing it, Jack just couldnt seem to motivate him.He felt Mike Frank was just too much work.
In any other County,they would still be building teams round this man-thats the nature of the beast in Kerry I suppose.
Best of luck to him

INDIANA

I can't see Kerry pulling it off this year. Jack looks like he's rebuilding things.

The GAA

by take mccarthy out of retirement?

ludermor

Eoin Brosnan gone now as well according to Newtalk, some upheaval in the Kingdom!

magickingdom

looks like eoin brosnan has decided to step down as well which isnt a great surprise, both mfr and eoin are getting on in years and havent been getting much game time lately. two great servants to kerry football for the last 10 years

Keyser soze

Loved watching MFR playing, one of my favourite players of the past 20 years. Oozed class as a player and a person.

tyronefan

After training all winter would have thought they might have waited until the end of the championship

after all its only a few weeks away   :D :D :D

bcarrier

An unbelievable love in on this thread.

More all irelands than moynihan and maurice fitz - he needs some proper critique to counteract medal count.

A useful underage player but just finisher for stuff laid on by M Fitz in late 90s. Carried by O'Ses & Gooch/Star to 5 medal haul in 00s.
A very lucky lad IMO.

Where has passedit gone ?

Mike Sheehy

QuoteMore all irelands than moynihan and maurice fitz - he needs some proper critique to counteract medal count.

yerra, what would a Brit like yourself know about a true Gaelic footballer like MFR.
Lampard, rooney or gerrard are more your cup of (English) tea i'd say.

5 Sams

Quote from: bcarrier on June 26, 2009, 11:56:47 PM
An unbelievable love in on this thread.

More all irelands than moynihan and maurice fitz - he needs some proper critique to counteract medal count.

A useful underage player but just finisher for stuff laid on by M Fitz in late 90s. Carried by O'Ses & Gooch/Star to 5 medal haul in 00s.
A very lucky lad IMO.

Where has passedit gone ?

As people would say in my world....aye right...

The Aristocrat Years

bigpaul

Kicking Paul Duffy's boot into the Hogan Stand in the '06 quarter-final lowered my opinion of Mike Frank.