County Champions and Ulster Finallists Ballinderry Thrown out of Championship

Started by screenexile, June 24, 2009, 02:43:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrone exile

Quote from: magpie seanie on June 24, 2009, 10:33:08 PM
Thanks Archie, very helpful.

For those who are interested in the rules and facts I looked it up myself and I would imagine they have used rule 146 (d) (3) which actually gives carte blanche to the organising committee to impose whatever penalty they see fit. My guess is it will be appealed and the penalty reduced. I hope the process is dragged out a good bit to make the perpetrator sweat and be very unpopular in his club and community.

My sympathy is with young Kielt. A horrible act that was done to him. I just feel that 25 other lads shouldn't be punished for one lads (very bad) actions. Also, its completely wrong to expect a club chairman to finger someone for this.

Thats a bit irrelevant ;D

NAG1

The point here is that the club are suspended because they did not identify the player involved. They were asked to provide the CB with the name of the player, which is clearly within the clubs remit to do so. They knew by not providing the information then they had left themselves open to suspension under the rules of the association so there sympathy for them in completely lacking.

Secondly if I was a Ballinderry player I would be disgusted that I was playing with someone who could strike someone from behind with out giving the man a chance to defend himself and then not having the bottle to stand over his actions to save the rest of the club from suspension.

Lecale2

cameltohill

Quote from: Lecale2 on June 25, 2009, 03:10:57 PM
The lad that did it should come forward and hold his hands up.

very good lecale, that has been said about 100 times now...

Lecale2

Quote from: cameltohill on June 25, 2009, 03:16:48 PM

Your point is?

cameltohill

Quote from: Lecale2 on June 25, 2009, 03:20:33 PM
Quote from: cameltohill on June 25, 2009, 03:16:48 PM

Your point is?

i dont have a point. everyone knows conway should come forward- not need to state the obvious

eireogatron

Quote from: JMohan on June 24, 2009, 03:46:56 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on June 24, 2009, 03:41:23 PM
Quote from: JMohan on June 24, 2009, 03:19:24 PM
Since when did a hairline fracture amount to a broken jaw?
Eh? Is a fracture not a break, regardless of its size?
There's a hell of a difference.

In a proper break the jaw needs to be wired closed and in some cases screws inserted or a plate, which may or may not be permanent. You can't talk, apart from mumble, can't open your mouth apart from to take fluids and you can't stress the jaw or the break.
On an Xray you'll hardly see a hairline fracture... (some skeptics might argue you don't need much proof to make a claim for a hairline fracture) - unless with a skilled radiologist - with a break you most often have more than one piece and more than one crack..

Big difference.

bullshit. a frature is a break by definition. not all jaw breaks require surgery (wiring etc). If the break is clean and there is no displacement of the bone it will heal naturally, it is only if the bones are displaced during the break that you need the wire treatment.

ludermor

eireogatron

Quote from: ludermor on June 25, 2009, 03:33:35 PM
If you had a fractured jaw would you still be able to play?

you'd be able to play some things, probably not football though ;D

pintsofguinness

I dont understand what all the discussion is about...cowardly act on the field needs punished.  The ref didn't see who done it and he won't come forward so the player in question can't be punished.  The player's club will not give him up so therefore deserves the punishment.

What's the issue?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

charlie stubbs

Quote from: tyrone exile on June 25, 2009, 02:27:04 PM
Quote from: magpie seanie on June 24, 2009, 10:33:08 PM
Thanks Archie, very helpful.

For those who are interested in the rules and facts I looked it up myself and I would imagine they have used rule 146 (d) (3) which actually gives carte blanche to the organising committee to impose whatever penalty they see fit. My guess is it will be appealed and the penalty reduced. I hope the process is dragged out a good bit to make the perpetrator sweat and be very unpopular in his club and community.

My sympathy is with young Kielt. A horrible act that was done to him. I just feel that 25 other lads shouldn't be punished for one lads (very bad) actions. Also, its completely wrong to expect a club chairman to finger someone for this.

Thats a bit irrelevant ;D
:D

StGallsGAA

QuoteIn a proper break the jaw needs to be wired closed and in some cases screws inserted or a plate, which may or may not be permanent. You can't talk, apart from mumble, can't open your mouth apart from to take fluids and you can't stress the jaw or the break.

Take some good advice.  Never post on an empty head.

seamusthebard

Quote from: NAG1 on June 25, 2009, 02:36:21 PM
The point here is that the club are suspended because they did not identify the player involved. They were asked to provide the CB with the name of the player, which is clearly within the clubs remit to do so. They knew by not providing the information then they had left themselves open to suspension under the rules of the association so there sympathy for them in completely lacking.

Secondly if I was a Ballinderry player I would be disgusted that I was playing with someone who could strike someone from behind with out giving the man a chance to defend himself and then not having the bottle to stand over his actions to save the rest of the club from suspension.

Nag1. I wouldn't like ii if you were juror in any courtcase I might be involved in. Where did you get the evidence of him being hit from behind?
Also, the incident was not off the ball. The ball was not in play at the time as the referee was taking names of players at the time after a melee which Kielt had played a very prominent part in. In fact if some of the punches he had thrown had connected properly in the proper place, the story could have been reversed. As a matter of fact, he was the most prominent participant in the melee and neutrals couldn't understand how he wasn't sidelined.
That aside,, you are absolutely right, if the club didn't name the player which probably 90%  of all clubs don't do either, then they must expect a punishment which fits the crime. It is my understanding that Ballinderry would have been prepared to accept a punishment which was in line to that handed down to clubs in similiar circumstances. However, this is not the case, and there is no precedent for such punishment in the past that has been handed to them.