Author Topic: TV Show recommendations  (Read 508398 times)

Milltown Row2

• It was the Ref that did it!!
    • View Profile
Re: TV Show recommendations
« Reply #5040 on: October 02, 2018, 11:14:20 PM »
Just finished Vietnam war on Netflix, well worth a binge.. tragic stuff altogether
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

gallsman

• Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #5041 on: October 02, 2018, 11:47:28 PM »
Just finished Vietnam war on Netflix, well worth a binge.. tragic stuff altogether

The Ken Burns one? The man s genius. Watch the Civil War one of you can.
"Never mind your why. Why ain't in your repetoire no more n***a"

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #5042 on: October 03, 2018, 07:23:49 AM »

The Ken Burns one? The man s genius. Watch the Civil War one of you can.

Yes, will start on that or the other one on the Second World War he has on Netflix
Anything I post is not the view of the County Board!! Nobody died in the making of this post ;-)

Tony Baloney

• View Profile
« Reply #5043 on: October 03, 2018, 08:41:56 AM »
Didn't realise it was on Netflix. Got about 4 episodes in when it was on tv and the rest is on the Sky box and I need the space! It's brilliant and will try to see the others too.

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #5044 on: October 03, 2018, 09:03:55 AM »
Didn't realise it was on Netflix. Got about 4 episodes in when it was on tv and the rest is on the Sky box and I need the space! It's brilliant and will try to see the others too.

Was doing my wife's head in! Anytime she was out and came in I had it on! FFS not the Vietnam war again!!!! Havent told her I'm about to start the other ones

Minder

• View Profile
« Reply #5045 on: October 03, 2018, 11:11:59 AM »
What’s Killing Eve like ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Newbridge Exile

• View Profile
« Reply #5046 on: October 03, 2018, 11:31:25 AM »
Dunno if its been mentioned  before but I am really enjoying the Mighty Redcar on BBC 2  , found myself genuinely moved by some of the people and stories involved and a fantastic soundtrack too boot

Jeepers Creepers

• View Profile
« Reply #5047 on: October 03, 2018, 12:12:30 PM »
Dunno if its been mentioned  before but I am really enjoying the Mighty Redcar on BBC 2  , found myself genuinely moved by some of the people and stories involved and a fantastic soundtrack too boot

Very well made series. Proper reality TV.

playwiththewind1st

• View Profile
« Reply #5048 on: October 03, 2018, 01:14:18 PM »

Quirky is probably the best word for it, but quite enjoyable.

Milltown Row2

• View Profile
« Reply #5049 on: October 03, 2018, 01:32:22 PM »

Quirky is probably the best word for it, but quite enjoyable.

Yeah i'm liking it also, proper nut job.. A good international cast, seems to works well in this

blewuporstuffed

• View Profile
« Reply #5050 on: October 11, 2018, 11:05:33 PM »

Was doing my wife's head in! Anytime she was out and came in I had it on! FFS not the Vietnam war again!!!! Havent told her I'm about to start the other ones
Great recommendation lads, it's a real marathon, but it is fantastic. That's the way documentaries should be made.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Boycey

• View Profile
« Reply #5051 on: October 14, 2018, 07:37:08 PM »
Anyone been following the Great Lighthouses of Ireland over the last few Sunday evenings? Fantastic scenery and an incredible story of some very ingenious and brave men (and women).

I love lighthouses and would love to stay on one during a storm, I think  :)

Walt Jabsco

• View Profile
« Reply #5052 on: October 14, 2018, 07:56:24 PM »
Yes mandatory viewing for us pharologists. There are lighthouse keepers cottages for renting as a holiday let around the country. No rock stations though            https://www.irishlandmark.com/propertytag/by-the-sea/

Boycey

• View Profile
« Reply #5053 on: October 14, 2018, 09:03:17 PM »
I've had a look at them already but the other halfs not as keen  ;D. I'd be looking a force 12 storm..

A rock station would be incredible or alternatively this (which I'm sure you'll have seen before) https://www.amusingplanet.com/2014/11/the-wave-swept-lighthouses-of-brittany.html?m=1

Walt Jabsco

• View Profile
« Reply #5054 on: October 14, 2018, 09:25:55 PM »
If you had a choice of a stay on a rock station which one would it be?