TV Show recommendations

Started by Archie Mitchell, June 23, 2009, 11:32:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

Quote from: screenexile on July 23, 2015, 09:28:15 AM
Quote from: bennydorano on July 22, 2015, 11:31:32 PM
Sunny in Phili is a superb show, from Series 4 on it justs gets better & better.

Finished a bit of a Veep marathon up to the finale of Series 4, funny shit, some one liners flying about.

Hasn't got a patch on Thick of It in my opinion. Malcolm Tucker is one of the great comedy characters of all time he's absolutely superb.

"I need you lot to make like a tree and go f**k yourselves"
Yeah, The Thick of it was a bit special. Veep is very funny too though. Whereas the uk version got out at the top, the US version will probably be milked to death.

Tony Baloney

Does the picture quality improve with each series of Sunny as S1 is poor enough when I watched it via Netflix? Great show though, I must get back on it.

Two Hands FFS

Anyone watch House of Lies? Trying to find somewhere to watch Series 3 as I missed it on Sky Atlantic

Longshanks

Any of you watch Justified? I've tore through about 4 seasons, great show in my opinion and only 13 episodes each season with 6 seasons overall.

JoG2

Quote from: Longshanks on July 27, 2015, 03:35:19 PM
Any of you watch Justified? I've tore through about 4 seasons, great show in my opinion and only 13 episodes each season with 6 seasons overall.

superb show. You'll enjoy Banshee (if you haven't already watched it) Longshanks

bennydorano

True Detective 2 is just class

gallsman

Quote from: bennydorano on July 27, 2015, 10:59:42 PM

It was shite until this week's episode but that was magnificent.

Longshanks

Quote from: gallsman on July 27, 2015, 11:57:53 PM

Have to agree, its took its time to get going but the end of episode 4 really kicked it off, anyone else think Colin Farrell looks like he has aged about 10 years in a couple of epsiodes...

trileacman

Quote from: gallsman on July 27, 2015, 11:57:53 PM

The ending was good but that shite between Vaughan and your young fella was stomach-churning.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Gabriel_Hurl

I've discovered Strike Back on my On Demand channels - gone through Seasons 2 and 3 so far - Season 1 didn't air in the US - I believe the final season is starting next week.

A combination of Banshee, Homeland and 24 - perfect turn your brain off television - yer man Scott in it would give Sheriff Hook a run for his money in Banshee

BenDover

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on July 29, 2015, 12:26:46 AM
I've discovered Strike Back on my On Demand channels - gone through Seasons 2 and 3 so far - Season 1 didn't air in the US - I believe the final season is starting next week.

A combination of Banshee, Homeland and 24 - perfect turn your brain off television - yer man Scott in it would give Sheriff Hook a run for his money in Banshee
Having been watching this myself onto Season 4 now I think, reminds me of Commando 2 men in this case can kill or blow up almost anything

nrico2006

Just watched True Detectives latest episode last night waiting for something special, still waiting. 
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

JoG2

I've thrown the towel in re True Detective  2. Wouldn't be arsed.  The first season was alright.  9 episodes of chat and watching men can and fag and then they introduce the baddy who we really knew buck all about,  meh

Watched the first episode of Witnesses,  the French crime show on C4. Looks good.  The lead detective is nice

Ballers starring the Rock.  5 odd episodes in. Decent craic,  though the episodes are way too short

tyrone girl

Wentworth is great. Season 3 just started last week.

JimStynes

Watching Ballers as well. Really enjoying it so far.